War Of The Worlds (Mammoth Screen/BBC)

not sure about the tripod design. I find it hard to get past the Jeff Wayne versions.

looks more sinister (and admittedly generic) than previous designs

WotWcover3.jpg

81UO1qNE1vL._SL1500_.jpg

10 Sep 2019 02-45-16.jpg

Last edited:
Better look taken from previous promo above #37 & 39

10 Sep 2019 02-51-47.jpg

Last edited:
The design of the tripods looks very borrowed from Spielberg's versions. Not a bad thing.

I think this will be aired over Christmas.

looks more sinister than previous :laugh:

19075846.jpg

that top one is from the dodgy BBC series The Tripods :p:laugh:

I think the new design is alright. You're kind of limited if you're sticking to what the design's supposed to be. It's a lot better than the old George Pal 1950's floater... just by having 3 legs. The Jeff Wayne version is pretty hard to beat though

that top one is from the dodgy BBC series The Tripods :p:laugh:

I think the new design is alright. You're kind of limited if you're sticking to what the design's supposed to be. It's a lot better than the old George Pal 1950's floater... just by having 3 legs. The Jeff Wayne version is pretty hard to beat though

yep i was just thinking that while posting in other threads (Dark Fate, Rambo 5) :facepalm:

The design of the tripods looks very borrowed from Spielberg's versions. Not a bad thing.

I think the Tripod design from the Tom Cruise movie was its only redeeming feature.

it might grow on me, I just love the JW versions. I love the manta ray ones from the 50s film too, despite the lack of legs!

Cant tell much from the teaser, apart from a huge dung-ball, and no tension when the tripod emerges.

Last edited:
I quite like the look of that, myself. But yes, a little too early to tell. Robert Carlyle looks different!

Looks decent enough. Need to see more of it.

I didn't know anything about this. Definitely a must watch though! :smashin:

I wonder if Jessica Biel (or another Hollywood mother, for international draw) will feature at the end with her none immunized kids to finish the aliens off..?

Very impressed by the pilot episode. Will be watching the series.

It aired yesterday in Australia I believe so available from the normal sources

alternatively on-demand if you mask to New Zealand, and sign up for an account.

14 Oct 2019 04-05-24.jpg

Apparently the UK paying the kings share for BBC means squat. Always pisses me off when other countries get BBC productions first.

I read on another thread about people in another country (Canada I think), being able to watch Peaky Blinders in 4K Dolby Vision and Atmos!

Yeah, I saw that. We’re lucky if we get anything with 5.1, let alone Atmos or DV!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom