*warning* do not use your tv in dynamic/vivid mode

Friends, the calibration was done by the geeks in Best Buy (store)
Cost me 200 Bucks USD. The reason it was so cheap = I bought the TV at that store.
They had to wait about 2 months to come to my house and do it. They claim my TV had to be used more than 200 hours. I think they had too much work or something.
They used some weird machines Like star trek stuff hahaha.. and took a lot of time "calibrating". They asked me if I can close shades and dim lights in my TV room at one time.

FORGET I MENTIONED VIVID/DINAMIC. forgive me... I was wrong.... this mode sucks!!!!!
THX /Cinema is the way to go!

So thats why Stevie Wonder is always smiling? because he calibrated my TV? joke!

My panasonic 2006 plasma is really good picture, and when set to dynamic the colours really are wonderful and bright. I also have a samsung 2008 lcd tv, which i think standard is fine for that, but I also use cnet's expert movie settings, and it makes it really acurate but to some might look too dull.

o_O Seriously, 9 Year Old Thread :facepalm:

o_O Seriously, 9 Year Old Thread :facepalm:
He has. 2006 plasma and by all accounts is very pleased with it. 10 years ago was asking about picture modes. Glad he's eventually settled on one. I like a bit of perseverance.

Has anybody else noticed a red tint in the blacks on their 9g Kuro? 😁

I also prefer Dynamic "yuc" mode especially on the PJ to a point, with minor settings after.

Mostly because of the nice colours and the movie type experience this gives.

Find movie mode and normal far too dark.

Perhaps when more people get Blu-ray this mode will not be needed as much, but what happens to the tv life with Blu-ray, as this is obviously producing more colour through the tv anyhow.

Good write up though.

Perhaps worth calibrating the tv and Pj sometime properly
If you watched your TV on movie mode for a full week without changing it back I can almost guarantee you would prefer it on that setting afterwards. Try it for one week and then switch it back to Dynamic and everything will look all off to you, it will look completely unnatural.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom