Waterworld (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 09/11/2020

WW.jpg

Attachments

• WW (inside).jpg
    WW (inside).jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 58
  • WW (back).jpg
    WW (back).jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 57
  • WW (open).jpg
    WW (open).jpg
    149 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
That's actually pretty nice.. much nicer than the US one. Hoping it wouldn't be as i've already got the arrow and 4k copies :facepalm:

Theatrical or Ulysses Cut?

Theatrical or Ulysses Cut?
it's a universal release, so it'll only be the theatrical on the 4K. The extended US TV version is also on the UHD disc (essentially same as UC, but with a few minor swear changes), but it's in 1080p and only has lossy DTS. The Ulysses cut isn't an official version of the film and Universal are very unlikely to ever release it.

So the relentless march of every 4K release also getting a Steelbook release, continues.

Really like the cover but i’m not sure how much i like the movie (Only seen once a long time ago).

Probably pick up when it reaches the bargain bins.

it's a universal release, so it'll only be the theatrical on the 4K. The extended US TV version is also on the UHD disc (essentially same as UC, but with a few minor swear changes), but it's in 1080p and only has lossy DTS. The Ulysses cut isn't an official version of the film and Universal are very unlikely to ever release it.

Shame. I have the Ulysses cut and as much as I like the artwork on this one it doesn't persuade me to buy it. I dislike when superior versions are not in 4k just like Dr. Sleep.

Shame. I have the Ulysses cut and as much as I like the artwork on this one it doesn't persuade me to buy it. I dislike when superior versions are not in 4k just like Dr. Sleep.
Agreed. Honestly though the extended cut that's also on the disc is essentially the same as UC, you'd not notice the difference unless someone pointed it out to you. It looks great for a 1080p as well. Unfortunately though, lossy audio on a bluray is a big nono for me, so I bought arrows version as well as the 4k.

France is releasing this too and Director's Extended Cut is included.
I think only the theatrical is on 4K though and the Extended Cut on bluray.

Last edited:
France is releasing this too and Director's cut is included.
I think only the theatrical is on 4K though and the DC on bluray.
It'll likely be the same as the uk 4k release mate. That had the theatrical in 4k on the UHD disc, the extended cut (semantics, but there is no DC) is also on the UHD, BUT it's only in 1080p with lossy DTS audio. The standard bluray is the decade old vc-1 theatrical only transfer.

It'll likely be the same as the uk 4k release mate. That had the theatrical in 4k on the UHD disc, the extended cut (semantics, but there is no DC) is also on the UHD, BUT it's only in 1080p with lossy DTS audio. The standard bluray is the decade old vc-1 theatrical only transfer.

I ment to write extended cut instead of Director's cut, i'll edit. Cheers ;)

I ment to write extended cut instead of Director's cut, i'll edit. Cheers ;)
Bloody wish there was a directors cut! I'd love to see and entirely different version. But i think he technically left/was fired halfway through the project and costner completed it as he wished, if memory serves.

Not impressed with artwork. Empty!
When will they start using the same steelbook for multiple movies?
Should be even cheaper that way :p
Never know the frech steel may a have a title on the front! It has been known to happen with universal.

Never know the frech steel may a have a title on the front! It has been known to happen with universal.

Why not... Title alone would not help for this one though.

Surprised they didn't go for one of these :rolleyes:

8ec3de1b00c4b5370834ff2e3e1a7ce1-jpg.1367627
no857-my-waterworld-minimal-movie-poster-chungkong-art-jpg.1367628

Attachments

• 8ec3de1b00c4b5370834ff2e3e1a7ce1.jpg
    8ec3de1b00c4b5370834ff2e3e1a7ce1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 393
  • no857-my-waterworld-minimal-movie-poster-chungkong-art.jpg
    no857-my-waterworld-minimal-movie-poster-chungkong-art.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 345
Why not... Title alone would not help for this one though.

Surprised they didn't go for one of these :rolleyes:

8ec3de1b00c4b5370834ff2e3e1a7ce1-jpg.1367627
no857-my-waterworld-minimal-movie-poster-chungkong-art-jpg.1367628
Where did those come from? Look like popart, or someone (poorly) trying to imitate matt ferguson. Very minimalist.

Simply googled Waterworld poster.
Do you mean, googled simple waterworld poster? Because that's certainly what you've got :rotfl:

Arrow Video standard and limited edition release has the Ulysses cut
They licenced it from Universal

Arrow Video standard and limited edition release has the Ulysses cut
They licenced it from Universal
I know the arrow version does, that's not a release directly by universal directly though is it.

As far as I recall arrow pieced that version together themselves by adding parts of the international theatrical cut into the US TV cut they had from universal.

Unless they're obligated to hand that finished version back to universal to distribute at some point, then I can't see there being a universal release. Certainly not with this release anyway.

The Zavvi link up top for RC members currently? No direct link, goes to homepage for me

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom