Westworld Season 3: The New World TV Show Premiere Review & Comments

Great opening episode. Not really like I expected it to be, although obviously the trailers did show the new direction. I just wasn't expecting quite as much futuristic sci-fi.

Evan Rachel Wood is simply amazing, and she was so good here. Certainly going to be more to Aaron Paul's character than meets the eye, and it was nice to see Tommy Flanagan too (I think that's his real name).

Very interesting looking arc with Bernard, that looks like it could be the most interesting in fact. Wondering if they're still manipulating the story with time; it appears they were playing it straight in this episode at least.

And that post creds scene - beautiful. Everyone loves a bit of that, although I'm not expecting
Maeve to be there for long

That wouldn’t surprise me one bit.
I invested £2.49 in Apples stream of the infamous GOT episode a while ago just to compare it with Sky’s download version. There were subtle differences, but both were more or less the same dreadful quality. It clearly points the finger at HBO for me.
Last time I looked I couldn’t find any other HBO series that were available on Sky and Apple simultaneously. I’d like to compare Watchmen or The Outsider as well to try and confirm my theory.

Well I think HBO did already admit that someone working for them on that GoT episode fudgeed up the "color space conversion" during mastering of that one - I read somewhere. i.e tools were blamed for bad craftsmanship ;-)

Another great episode today, more of the story building up mainly with Thandie who yet again is naked lol.. along with others hehe..

Some fantastic effects in today’s episode too towards the end, and a flash back to last season.

That’s all I’m saying.. I have to say though will the story dictate Deloris really wants to kill all humanity?

H and look out me robot in particular that looks straight out of another famous HBO show and I want to see the world it comes from....

Very solid episode 2. Doing a nice job of blurring the lines, and plenty to digest in terms of considering what is actually going on.

Thandie Newton is superb as Maeve, and brilliant to see Vincent Cassel. I'd forgotten he was going to be in this; another real acting heavyweight to add to the bunch.

Not messing around either which is nice to see. I guess the shorter season helps, and at this point it certainly isn't as convoluted as last season.

A very good return.

i watched both eps 1 and 2 and tbh preferred ep 2. i know it is meant to be sci fi but I thought ep 1 with Dolores arc was a little too out there for me. But I‘ll watch ep 3. Was watching on NOW TV boost and 5.1 Audio was good and the 1080p was definitely watchable. Must admit never thought I would say after the GoT debacle on NOW TV last year - george

Just watched episode 3, and can hardly hear what they are saying with the over the top music...anyone else having this problem?...I did try putting the subs on, which was ok for a while, but they didn’t appear for the final section:thumbsdow

Just watched episode 3, and can hardly hear what they are saying with the over the top music...anyone else having this problem?...I did try putting the subs on, which was ok for a while, but they didn’t appear for the final section:thumbsdow
I haven’t watched ep3 yet, but 1 and 2 were like that too. Sky said there’s nothing they can do, it’s been mixed that way which I think is probably correct.

Another beauty of an episode this week.

Really banging the future sci-fi drum, and particularly impressed with how they've set the scene away from the park.

I'm guessing that Charlotte is
Teddy
although I could be wrong on that.

It was a little obvious as well that
Charlotte was also the mole, and I'm sure that was actually revealed in Season 2.

But anyway, that's a minor gripe. It's very tight and I expect with only 8 episodes it will start to pick up in the next few. Looking forward to seeing Ed Harris again.

Glad I decided to jump in too from the start, as I was thinking a while back I wouldn't bother with this season. They've not let us down though - thus far.

Another beauty of an episode this week.

Really banging the future sci-fi drum, and particularly impressed with how they've set the scene away from the park.

I'm guessing that Charlotte is
Teddy
although I could be wrong on that.

It was a little obvious as well that
Charlotte was also the mole, and I'm sure that was actually revealed in Season 2.

But anyway, that's a minor gripe. It's very tight and I expect with only 8 episodes it will start to pick up in the next few. Looking forward to seeing Ed Harris again.

Glad I decided to jump in too from the start, as I was thinking a while back I wouldn't bother with this season. They've not let us down though - thus far.

Got 2 episode to catch up on,maybe tomorrow night :)

I'm really enjoying season 3. Am I right in assuming that there aren't multiple time lines this season?

Deloris is really evil mwahahaha.. good episode today, taking the story down an interesting and dare I say obvious path? And poor ol Tandi’s character can’t get a break, at least she’s not naked in today’s episode lol..

I'm really enjoying season 3. Am I right in assuming that there aren't multiple time lines this season?

Not timelines it doesn't seem. Many won't rule out alternate realities/simulations though. Really enjoying Season 3 either way.

Deloris is really evil mwahahaha.. good episode today, taking the story down an interesting and dare I say obvious path? And poor ol Tandi’s character can’t get a break, at least she’s not naked in today’s episode lol..

Absolutely loving Delores arc so far, Evan really is playing it well.

This is 100 times better than Season 2. Really enjoying it.

Definitely an issue with the audio mix, watching on Sky Q and I have to really crank it up, although bass track can easily be heard.
It’s like the centre channel is missing, surrounds working fine.

Another barnstormer of an episode.

And was it farewell to
The Man in Black?!
:eek: :eek:

Certainly appeared that way, although we know appearances are deceiving in this show.

Only 4 episodes in I know, but definitely enjoying it more than last season. Whilst I'm certain there's twists and turns to come, it is much less convoluted than Season 2, with sharper focus on the characters and the plot. If the plot is indeed the plot :laugh: o_O

Today’s episode is by far the best one yet! So much plot is placed in this one, possible seeds of rebellion to Deloris placed? Absolutely first class stunning editing too... and Evan just gets more beautiful in every episode plus I swear I saw a stunt double of hers shooting at her! Keep an eye out, behind one of the cars in a particular scene.

But wow! What an episode..!

Oh and I finally realised that black ring on the white background is taking inspiration from the sun!.. as it looks a bit like that up close with those gases and explosions in its surface.

Last edited by a moderator:
About to watch the latest episode but getting on much beter with season 3 now. Probably helped by not falling asleep during an episode :rotfl:

Both picture & sound excellent, strange how some HBO produced shows on sky are good but others are not. Loving this show

Continuing the good episode trend this week, although it was my least favourite episode thus far, as I didn't take to what was going on with Aaron Paul's character. Didn't feel necessary really; a bit distracting.

Otherwise a good insight into
Serac
too. He's basically a Bond villain :laugh: but I do love the concept of an awakening, and people seeing things for what they really are. And that never goes amiss in a good bit of sci-fi.

I expect next week it's gonna ramp up a bit with just 3 episodes to go. Obviously the humungous twist is readied for the finale, although I can't quite see what that could be yet. Unless this is all happening in another park, and when we see
Serac
they are always outside the park. Hence the holographic meetings he always does...

We shall see.

I do wish they had of cgi’d a few additional cars, that one real car isn’t half overused :)
EE05F802-E135-46CB-B641-6D1C5EE5FC68.jpeg

Hi everyone ...
can anyone help me, which is the perfect platform to see
Westworld Season 3
online or offline.
I was the user of Netflix but now I had canceled the subscription and now finding new one

Westworld is on Sky Atlantic in the UK so the only way to watch it legally here is via a Sky TV subscription or on Sky's streaming service NowTV. It has never been available on Netflix.

Westworld is on Sky Atlantic in the UK so the only way to watch it legally here is via a Sky TV subscription or on Sky's streaming service NowTV. It has never been available on Netflix.

THANK YOU PURPEREN...
what is the best Sky TV subscription package? can you help me to a subscription?
I am a new one and wanna subscribe,
have you any about its packages?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom