What are you still waiting for on Blu-ray Disc?

I'm surprised that I am a fugitive from a chain gang isn't out yet. It's a highly influential movie from pre hays code days so we don't get any censorship.
The politics of the movie are as fresh today as then. The speech given by the red neck governor at the end could be from the leader of a political party in the UK that wears the blue rosette.
The movie has been remastered but like so many others, it's new print is languishing in the vaults.

Last edited:
Another noir classic that I watched for the first time last night Samuel Fuller’s Underworld U.S.A, damn sure Noir and Fuller fans would lap this one up on BD, it’s jumped straight into my number one slot from Fuller’s already remarkable catalogue.
p1427_p_v8_aa.jpg

It's time we had the 1931 version of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde with the inimitable Frédéric March on bluray.
In my opinion this is by far the finest adaptation of RLS work. It also benefits from being pre hays code. Even by today's standards this movie is shocking. It's also a masterclass of direction and cinematography. It's camera angles were a massive influence on Hitchcock. I watched this yesterday and the print looks excellent and can take the bluray upgrade.
I'm surprised its not out already

Currently a Walmart exclusive but getting a general U.S. release on July 11th. This one has the feature length The Bandit doc:

IMG_1087.JPG

Can't wait :)

It's a Universal release so pretty much guaranteed to be Region Free.

Region free? I have the Uk release of it but may get this

Definitely region free, picked it up on a recent holiday and watched the documentary yesterday.

I had the UK release already too but the doc is well worth the double dip.

Let's have a classic movie called Alias Nick Beal with Ray Milland. It really is a good movie with its main character being truly evil (what else)
It's barely made it to dvd. A bluray release is an aspiration rather than a expectation

Any sign of Timeless coming on DVD or Blu Ray ?

Alan Rudolph's Trouble In Mind. As far as I can find out it's only available as a Japanese Blu-ray release.

Plenty of Touchstone films from the 80's'90's I'd love to own on Blu

Here's a few more that would be welcome on bluray
The heartbreak kid (Charles Grodin)
The miracle of Morgans creek
The devil and Miss Jones.
Laughter in paradise(Alastair Sim)
The Margaret Rutherford miss Marple Movies
Sitting Pretty
Proper version of a matter of life and death
Plus it would be good to have a UK Version of I married a witch. It's out on USA criterion. So a UK release of this print would be good.
Gosh there are so many. It's incredible how many classic movies aren't out. Sadly many of them will never be out.

I'm sooo pleased The Lemon Drop Kid is finally getting a release. All I need now is The Cat and The Canary, The Ghost Breakers and Paleface to complete my Bob Hope wants:

33jiqut.jpg

fvdwf7.jpg

2qtbubr.jpg

v5z81j.jpg

v58paa.jpg

I'm sooo pleased The Lemon Drop Kid is finally getting a release. All I need now is The Cat and The Canary, The Ghost Breakers and Paleface to complete my Bob Hope wants:

33jiqut.jpg

fvdwf7.jpg

2qtbubr.jpg

v5z81j.jpg

v58paa.jpg
Has The Great Lover been out on Blu ray?

I watched The Cat And The Canary at Quentin Tarantino's cinema, The New Beverley, in Los Angeles Las year. It was just me and a screening full of movie geeks, stoners, a handful of hipsters and a few a weirdos. Probably the greatest single cinema viewing of my life.
Would love a blu-ray release.

Has The Great Lover been out on Blu ray?
The only other Bob Hope Blu ray releases I'm aware of are The Road to Hong Kong, My Favorite Spy, Off Limits and The Facts of Life . Thinkng about it I wouldn't mind a BD release of The Princess and the Pirate.

The Keep.

We ever going to get this on BD ? Anyone know why it has not been released as yet. I actually think it's a pretty poor interpretation of the F Paul Wilson novel but Mann did bring his own visual and audio style to it and so would like it in my collection.

The Alastair Sim Film The Green Man. I now have at least three of his films on blu but I would love to have The Green Man. Probably his best film performance for me.

Bri

On the green theme one could add Green For Danger to that. Sure there was a criterian DVD release back in the day.

In addition to those Alistair Sim films already mentioned I'd add Laughter in Paradise.

Yes I'd certainly like that too. It also has Margaret Rutherford. Another one would be The Ruling Class. I saw that once many years ago on tv. To the best of my knowledge it was never shown again. I remember enjoying it enormously.

Bri

Yes I'd certainly like that too. It also has Margaret Rutherford. Another one would be The Ruling Class. I saw that once many years ago on tv. To the best of my knowledge it was never shown again. I remember enjoying it enormously.

Bri
While we're talking Rutherford I wouldn't mind a boxset of her 60s Miss Marple films, I suspect that's highly unlikely though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom