What are your gaming news sources?

drinkturps

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I used to have a magazine subscription to PC Format and PC Gamer back in the day but these days I look on the web for stuff. I use the PC Gamer, Eurogamer, Games Radar, Metacritic and Rock Paper Shotgun to get an idea on what's going on in the gaming world.

I know there's probably a ton of other sites that I can look at so I wondered what you all use to keep up to speed with life in the PC gaming world. Anything else you would recommend?

I used to have a magazine subscription to PC Format and PC Gamer back in the day but these days I look on the web for stuff. I use the PC Gamer, Eurogamer, Games Radar, Metacritic and Rock Paper Shotgun to get an idea on what's going on in the gaming world.

I know there's probably a ton of other sites that I can look at so I wondered what you all use to keep up to speed with life in the PC gaming world. Anything else you would recommend?
I use EG, PCG and RPS as well. The only other is Kotaku which publishes a little more left field articles, for instance I read a great one the other day about a huge battle in eve online, even though I've never actually played it

GiantBomb is one of my faves, although I dont visit the website too much these days but I spend HOURS listening to their podcast. Beastcast is also pretty good :)

These arent PC gamer centric though and cover anything and everything gaming related.

various really.

I used to listen to Total biscuit (RIP) and still do for the odd bargain bin older game i see and want to check out that i may have missed back in the day.

other than that, i either just google and watch gameplay vids and make my own mind up.

Sometimes i listen to Jim Sterling and Mac "Worth a buy" but to be honest i never take a reviewers word as gospel as half the time i disagree with them. I dont really read reviews any more, just listen whilst i am working so often it is just a matter of the 1st game review video which pops up which is a decent length.

steam and oculus both offer refund services so i go on the basis of if the price and i am remotely interested i take a punt with the logic i can always refund (only done this with 3 games so far and all of those were for technical reasons not gameplay)

I tend to still pick up the odd magazine of PC Gamer once i a while but you can get most of the news articles and reviews online now. I love to use Euro Gamer and regularly use PC Gamer online and also now use Game Geeks News which also gives you interesting gaming news, reviews and covers some of the new releases from Euro Gamer and other gaming news sites.

They also have an app for android devices which i have downloaded and use quite often.

The link is: Game Geeks News | The Official Gaming News Channel for Gamers

I genuinely don't go on any particular site these days. I've no idea what's out and when. I just tend to Google what's out this/next month then hit YouTube for a trailer of some sorts. I may go on metacritic for an overall consensus of a game.

I also use all the listed sites. Here is what I can add to them: Destructoid, GameFAQs, DMarket blog, GameSpot, Niche Gamer

I used to get GamesTM, now generally look on Videogamer UK website. I'd love to find an intelligent podcast too but the majority just seem to be poor. On the retro side The Retro Hour podcast is fantastic though

RPS is off my list now. I was reading it the other day on mobile and my browser kept getting hijacked. It's the second time it's happened on that site, never any others

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom