What are YOUR solar PV's generating TODAY?

We did 154kWh per 1kW of panels for June. Exported 610kWh (for free :rolleyes: ) out of that. Have used 2.7kWh from the grid which is brief periods of the system balancing itself/going over the inverter power. No force charging of the 9.5kWh battery so far.

Still waiting to get Flux export though, after I sent them the MCS number last Saturday, so I'm hoping it comes through soon and we can start banking some of the export ready for next winter.

Had a few days in the high 30kWh range, typically round about high 20s which is still 3x our use hence the large amount of export.

what a great June! It’s good to see others had a great month too.

562kWh from our 3.6kWp system (156kWh per 1kW).

The expected generation for our system size/location in June was 443kWh. actual generation was 125% of the estimated expected generation!

Sadly due to issues with the install of the Zappi/home batteries we weren’t able to capture as much of the solar generation. The home batteries were physically in our garage but they weren’t working for most of the month. Everything is now working so should be good for next month. Fingers crossed for another good month.

We did 154kWh per 1kW of panels for June. Exported 610kWh (for free :rolleyes: ) out of that.

It never occurred to me that having our solar installed in December was actually a good thing at the time. Our octopus export took a couple of weeks after sending them the MCS certificate (which took 2.5 months from the installer as they are busy with lots of installs).

At least you should have the rest of the summer to look forward too 👍

Wasn't an option to have it installed then (unless we wanted to pay over hyped prices elsewhere) as my son in law hadn't done his installation and MCS training until this spring. It was worth the wait in terms of what the install cost us as it was effectively trade price. Swings and roundabouts I guess, but what we've saved on the installation was about 3-4 year's worth of electricity, so can't grumble at that part.

Hoping that we'll be on export by beginning of August at the latest, so that should be 3 months producing more than we use, though I expect we'll have to wait until the next full year to really start being properly 'in profit' on the generation.

1175kwh from our 9Kw E/W split system. Despite a Powerwall and an EV, we still exported over 40% of that!

Two issues, 1, our EV is often not at home during the day, when it might be possible to use the solar to charge, and 2, our single PW fills up very rapidly when we are producing this much solar.

Things will be changing shortly, as we take delivery of a second EV next week, and my wife has just told me via FaceTime that our solar company has called, and our second PW is also being fitted next week too! Both things should soak up a lot more solar excess.

Now all I need to change is the way our current Indra charge point is wired up. At the moment, if I set the system to use excess solar, once it’s activated, the charge point also depletes our PW, as the charge point is wired on the house side of the PW - so when the charge point starts delivering power to the car, the PW sees it as a household demand and also feeds the circuit.

The plan is to wire a second charge point outside of the PW, so one charge point will charge from solar without draining our household battery, and the current charge point will stay as a protected household load, so in extremis, in the event of a power cut, we could charge a car somewhat, using whatever we have stored in the PWs (I can’t envisage needing to use that facility, but it’s nice to have the option).

And by fitting an Ohme charge point to the current circuit, and moving the Indra over to the new circuit - not only will the solar charging work correctly, but we’ll be able to join Octopus Intelligent, and get 6 hours, rather than 4, of cheap rate electricity. That’s the plan anyway.

1175kwh from our 9Kw E/W split system. Despite a Powerwall and an EV, we still exported over 40% of that!

Two issues, 1, our EV is often not at home during the day, when it might be possible to use the solar to charge, and 2, our single PW fills up very rapidly when we are producing this much solar.

Things will be changing shortly, as we take delivery of a second EV next week, and my wife has just told me via FaceTime that our solar company has called, and our second PW is also being fitted next week too! Both things should soak up a lot more solar excess.

Now all I need to change is the way our current Indra charge point is wired up. At the moment, if I set the system to use excess solar, once it’s activated, the charge point also depletes our PW, as the charge point is wired on the house side of the PW - so when the charge point starts delivering power to the car, the PW sees it as a household demand and also feeds the circuit.

The plan is to wire a second charge point outside of the PW, so one charge point will charge from solar without draining our household battery, and the current charge point will stay as a protected household load, so in extremis, in the event of a power cut, we could charge a car somewhat, using whatever we have stored in the PWs (I can’t envisage needing to use that facility, but it’s nice to have the option).

And by fitting an Ohme charge point to the current circuit, and moving the Indra over to the new circuit - not only will the solar charging work correctly, but we’ll be able to join Octopus Intelligent, and get 6 hours, rather than 4, of cheap rate electricity. That’s the plan anyway.
our system exported 75% of our 562kWh generation in June. our home battery is now sorted out so we shouldn’t need much power from the grid for the home in July. like you we only have one EV at present so when it’s away from home and the solar battery is full then excess will be exported.

im trying to work out the best tariff for us. it seems the our ideal tariff (low overnight charge rate 10p ish with a good SEG 15p ish) doesn't exist ☹️ looks like it will be octopus flux in summer and octopus Go in winter.

I’m wondering if our next solar improvement should be more solar (we have no roof space left so more panels is quite difficult!), or more storage so we can save excess generation to put it in the EV early evening rather export it. Hopefully storage battery costs drop over the next year or two. I did hear battery only installs may become vat free.

our system exported 75% of our 562kWh generation in June. our home battery is now sorted out so we shouldn’t need much power from the grid for the home in July. like you we only have one EV at present so when it’s away from home and the solar battery is full then excess will be exported.

im trying to work out the best tariff for us. it seems the our ideal tariff (low overnight charge rate 10p ish with a good SEG 15p ish) doesn't exist ☹️ looks like it will be octopus flux in summer and octopus Go in winter.

I’m wondering if our next solar improvement should be more solar (we have no roof space left so more panels is quite difficult!), or more storage so we can save excess generation to put it in the EV early evening rather export it. Hopefully storage battery costs drop over the next year or two. I did hear battery only installs may become vat free.
I heard that too about batteries becoming VAT free, though don’t know when that’s going to happen. Our 2nd PW was ordered while our original order was still open, so is VAT free as it’s all part of the original install - just taken a long time waiting for the PWs to become available.

Anyone else just had a massive increase in the SEG payment from EON? Last year was about 5p, they dropped it to 3p but have now increased it to 16.5p, so over 500% increase.

it’s not near the 30p I’m paying for electricity, but it’s a huge increase and makes looking at batteries with their current high cost unfeasible.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom