What are YOUR solar PV's generating TODAY?

Wow 12.1 KW today.

Not making up for the shocking month so far though

Off of 4kW system still? That’s very good today!

Yes indeed.

In truth, I've had better days in January's past but this is up there with the best of them.

in fact, going to my geeky records, best January days ever was 27/1/12 when we generated 14.7 KW and 28/1/19 where it was 14.4.

We've had a couple of other 12's 13's and 14's in January over the years too

yesterdays curve was very "bell-shaped" and almost perfect. If only they could be like that every day in the summer too

1579385335657.png

Another day of 12.1 today...can't see me squeezing much more out of today

always good to improve the average

hold that thought...ti squeezed up to 12.2 before the light finally disappeared

Funnily enough a very similar bell curve to yesterday

1579453474708.png

Last edited:
A paltry 5KW today

@Kitch thanks for that. Is the power changeover seamless like a UPS or does it go off and back on during each changeover (just like my generator setup does currently)?
It seems seamless but half my house isnt backed up, just got critical systems on the PW2 gateway, these still pull 500w though!

About as perfect a day as I can expect in early February.

An almost perfect Bell Curve

A load more of these would be great.
F93AE6BC-F715-4F5A-8790-7DCE08C1DC31.jpeg

Super bright and windy day today. Good to see my PV system peaking at 87% according to the inverter

Managed 88% efficiency at one point today. Nice, looks like the new inverter is a bit better than my original one

Last edited:
Totally shocked to see a 94% of capacity reading this afternoon.

wasn’t exactly prolonged and now back to 88% but very promising all the same.

Not sure I ever saw that high a reading from my Fronius model.

Hopefully this will be a record year

771620E1-49CE-4EF2-B682-1E9AC940D2BA.jpeg

With me now supposedly going on actual exported numbers rather than deemed, I’d expect to see even higher payback as time goes on. Guess I’ll see at the end of March. Unless of course the multiple people I spoke to at EDF about things were completely clueless.

Good to see that even with lots of stuff running in the house I’m going to be exporting a big chunk of generated power on good days

4A9FE724-4A6D-4464-8A8A-3A9ACFAD39C0.jpeg

This smart meter gives a far more accurate reading than the GeoSolo
I was using too

Such a shame I can’t export or view this data from EDF at the moment although it’s supposedly a work in progress.

Last edited:
Switched over to a SMETS 2 smart meter at the end of last year and everything seems to be fine so far.

I have one of the Chameleon 3 meters which also shows what I am exporting to the grid as well as the live usage and associated costs.

A short while ago I got an email from EDF stating that I am also able to see my usage data in a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly breakdown which also allow comparison of those time frames as well....and whilst that wasn't working then and still hasn't been sorted yet...I am hoping I can access some decent exported energy data so I can have an idea of what I will be getting as an export payment.....it was explained that things will change from the 50% deemed export to being paid for what I actually export and I believe the number should be higher over the space of a year as I certainly don't use everything I produce from say April to late September...seeing the breakdown will be nice all the same.

Will certainly be good to see the info rather than just getting a payment every quarter.

Things are off to a slower start compared to last year with 74% of last Januarys productions and 74% of February (so far)...that said, the new inverter seems to be far more efficient than the previous one so it's looking promising going forward

2.04 trees planted and 0.75 T of carbon offset since the new Inverter was installed in Mid October....

numbers are increasing nicely now and I'm seeing 95% of capacity on generation from the 4KW array.

Jan and Feb were a bit lower than last year but I have a feeling its going to be a good year

With me now supposedly going on actual exported numbers rather than deemed, I’d expect to see even higher payback as time goes on. Guess I’ll see at the end of March. Unless of course the multiple people I spoke to at EDF about things were completely clueless.

View attachment 1259122

Did you ask for the actual exported numbers instead of deemed or was it because its a smart meter and they can see now?

Can you ask to be kept on deemed if you want?

not sure to be honest...had this qtrs payment today and it was indeed a deemed one...but i was told it would be done on exported numbers so have emailed EDF to enquire but no idea when that will get answered as im sure they have more important things to worry about now

£400 for the first 3 months though so cant complain

Hit 1MW for the year so far today

this month is currently heading for the best month ever since I started 2011.

Wasn’t expecting that

Also...had an email back from EDF. Apparently they will soon be switching everyone on a smart meter to true export numbers rather than deemed. I’ll need to take an official reading and then give monthly exported readings.

it’s a bit annoying I can’t get that info from the smart meter itself and have to go the the full meter but it has to be more financially beneficial as I’m certainly not using everything I generate on most days, I’d almost certainly say I’m exporting far more than 50% but I guess I’ll never know till it changes. I’ve got all historical data going back years so should be able to get some comparison going forward but it will miss with my OTT spreadsheets as theres no way I can measure true export numbers myself.

Light cloud today generating 16KWh give or take. Way down on the c. 24KWh seen on a couple of days last week. More generated in the last three weeks than in Dec and Jan put together :clap:

Also...had an email back from EDF. Apparently they will soon be switching everyone on a smart meter to true export numbers rather than deemed. I’ll need to take an official reading and then give monthly exported readings.

it’s a bit annoying I can’t get that info from the smart meter itself and have to go the the full meter but it has to be more financially beneficial as I’m certainly not using everything I generate on most days, I’d almost certainly say I’m exporting far more than 50% but I guess I’ll never know till it changes. I’ve got all historical data going back years so should be able to get some comparison going forward but it will miss with my OTT spreadsheets as theres no way I can measure true export numbers myself.
It will only make £1 to £2 difference a month I reckon.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom