What does Xbox Game Pass Ultimate include?

deans6571

Prominent Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Can somebody please clarify as to what this actually includes?

I have a laptop and want the ultimate pass (already have an xbox profile) but want to also be able to access the same games on a console - so if I buy, say Forza Horizon 4 to play on my Windows 10 laptop, can I also play the same game on a console without re-purchasing the game again?!

When I spoke to MicroSoft Support, they said I needed one game pass ultimate subscription for pc and one for a console but this seems incorrect - this faq says otherwise:

1594045804418.png

...and suggests that I ONLY need game pass ultimate to access the same games on both devices.

I have Gamepass Ultimate on the Xbox One and get Gamepass free on the pc, I can play the games on either as long as the game is available on both systems.

GPU includes:

Xbox live gold
Xbox game pass
Game pass for PC

The games available on Xbox and PC are different so it's not a sure thing you'll have a game on both. Most MS published games are on both and some even have cross play, so gears 5 I can play on my one s on the TV and pick it up on my PC if I want to.

With Game Pass Ultimate you get access to both versions of Game Pass, the console one and the pc one.

They are different game libraries though, tailored to each ecosystem. So while they have many games in both, there will be differences and they are not mirror images of one another, just because you have a game on one it doesn't mean you will have the game on the other.

This will all change in September of course.

Last edited:
Can somebody please clarify as to what this actually includes?

I have a laptop and want the ultimate pass (already have an xbox profile) but want to also be able to access the same games on a console - so if I buy, say Forza Horizon 4 to play on my Windows 10 laptop, can I also play the same game on a console without re-purchasing the game again?!

When I spoke to MicroSoft Support, they said I needed one game pass ultimate subscription for pc and one for a console but this seems incorrect - this faq says otherwise:

View attachment 1330010

...and suggests that I ONLY need game pass ultimate to access the same games on both devices.
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is a monthly subscription - it includes xbox live gold (allows online play for multiplayer etc.) and access to game pass games on PC and Xbox. It will also shortly include 'xCloud', Microsoft's streaming offering (allowing you to stream games to Android mobiles, tablets, other screens etc.). Game Pass is a subscription with access to 100+ games that you can play without further purchase (other than any DLC).

Forza Horizon 4 is included with Game Pass - so if you purchase Game Pass Ultimate, you'd be able to play Forza Horizon 4 on PC or Xbox as part of your subscription (you don't need to purchase the game separately).

Separately, Forza Horizon 4 is a 'xbox play anywhere' game - so without a game pass subscription, if you purchased the game (either direct from Microsoft store or in digital form - not disk!) you'd be able to play it on Xbox One or PC.

Appreciate all the responses above - I did end up purchasing GPU and received Forza Horizon 4 and Halo:The Master Chief Collection for free.
:)

Just signed up for GPU

I am COMPLETELY overwhelmed! I have no idea what I want to play! I don't play much and have only played Battlefield since bf3!
I don't even know what type of games I like.... I think I like pretty ones...

Duplicate

That much you had to say it twice :D

Just signed up for GPU

I am COMPLETELY overwhelmed! I have no idea what I want to play! I don't play much and have only played Battlefield since bf3!
I don't even know what type of games I like.... I think I like pretty ones...

What are you playing on?

Ori and the Blind forest.
Alien Isolation
Forza Horizon 4
Sniper Elite
Ryse
Carrion

So much choice!
Cheers! Too much choice! It's like Netflix, I've wasted the whole evening trying to find something to play.... 😁

GPU was definitely a huge factor in getting a long time PS player like myself to pre-order a Series S yesterday. Well played MS. The value of GPU seems almost too good to be true but yes please.

GPU was definitely a huge factor in getting a long time PS player like myself to pre-order a Series S yesterday. Well played MS. The value of GPU seems almost too good to be true but yes please.

Game pass also made me pre-order a Series X as I've only had a 360 for about 2 months all those years ago. I may actually cancel my PS5 pre-order as I don't like design, colour, size and no exclusives I want to play any time soon either. I already have a high end 2080Ti PC and think I read PS5/XSX AAA games will come to PC anyway.

Does anyone know cheap ways of getting it. I want to buy it as a present for my nephew whose puppy died yesterday 😭
TIA

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom