What happens when you terminate SKY Q

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got Sky Q (main box and multi-room box) and after the latest £5 per month increase I'm on the verge of saying goodbye sky. We do however make good use of the Sky box and the multiroom box. We are no longer in contract so what happens to the boxes, will Sky demand I send both of them back? I realise they will probably try to keep me with offers to stay but I really can't be bothered. Has anyone left sky in these circumstances recently?....are there any generic recording boxes that work the same?

We don't have a TV aerial either, will I need one for a generic freeview recording box?
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––​

You will have to return the boxes to sky as they are only on loan to you they will send you some pre paid packaging to use

You will need a TV aerial for freeview. You will probably also find that your Satellite dish is not compatible with a freesat box either unless it was fitted with a Hybrid LNB.

If you get the new UHD Freesat box (when it finally arrives) that will work with the Q LNB

I left SkyQ about a month ago, and at first I was really missing it.
I went over to Virgin and got a great deal with BTSports, 200mg broadband and phone for less than half what I was paying Sky. Both my main TV's have built in satellite inputs so just put the sky cables into both my TV's and getting lots of great channels that way via freesat. Also have Netflix etc.
I was with Sky for 18 years and they never offered me any kind of deal to stay with them !!

I purchased a £200 Humax FreeSat box, it's not half as good but delivers lots of channels and allows me to record/schedule. The Sky satellite cables go right into it and that's it :)

Sky will probably come out with some amazing offers over the next few weeks given everyone will have paused their Sports subscriptions.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom