What is screen recording?

kah22

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve just bought a new iPad Air and while researching some hints and tips on it I came across something called ‘screen recording.’ I don’t understand what it is.

Does it mean that if I am watching a tv, program, over the internet, that I can record it and watch it at a later date? Intuition would tell me ‘no.’ Does it mean that I can record something with it e.g. a small video on it to send to a friend or such like? Modern tech to the like of me is a wonderful jungle.

In simple terms what is ‘screen recording,’ and how is it normally used?

While I am here, I might as well ask, can you record tv or films on the iPad Air.

Thanks for your help and keep safe
Kevin

Screen Recording is basically recording what's on the iPad Screen.

You can record anything you want as long as its being shown on the screen, but for this I hope you have massive storage space.

Yeah, theoretically, screen recording can capture anything showing on your monitor. But it may have difficulty with the drm-locked content. You'd better test it, cos I can't use my RecMaster screen recorder to capture some protected shows on PC. My friends told me that I should turn to the DVR thing to capture TVs or alike.

Okay, we figured out what screen recording is. :) Can someone now tell me a free program for Screen Recording?
There’s a built in screen recorder in iOS.
Settings>Control centre>Customise controls
Then just add screen recording to your Control centre

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom