What is the most you've ever spent on a cosmetic upgrade?

PerfectBlue97

Prominent Member
Reaction score
What's the most that you've ever spent on something for your gaming rig that's you absolutely didn't need, and which was completely cosmetic?

Maybe you brought RGB hard tubes for your water cooler, or got a local artist to paint your case with a custom design?

Or maybe just a super expensive case to replace the perfectly functional case that you already had?

I'm not sure how much I spent, but I decided that I absolutely must have a matching RB mouse, keyboard and mouse mat, so I hit up the razor store for the complete set.

Last edited:
I really am not into RGB and stuff. My PC is hidden in a nook next to my desk (not on display).

I do have lighting strips behind my desk though - cost me about £20 and on a single colour.
My HyperX keyboard and Logitech mouse have RGB but again I keep them on a single colour.

I'm forever changing my case - so in answer to your question - far too much

I bought an AMD sticker once for 99p to put on the top of my case because I was cool. 😎

I kitted my laptop out with some killer rims.

It was dope.

Probably the case, I was using a Fractal Focus G and changed to a Fractal Define 7 Compact - £99 on a cosmetic upgrade :)

I'm tempted by the Lian Li 011.

I'm tempted by the Lian Li 011.

Looking at the Nzxt H510 elite myself, yes i know the front is glass and airflow is restricted, but i have access to make a custom front mesh/plastic panel for it, i just like how clean it looks.

I'm not sure if he's still on here but @boltlock would make all your upgrades combined look cheap and miserly :laugh:

£20 odd for some sleeved cable extensions, was worth it imo, makes builds look much better.
Didn't bother with actual proper sleeved cables like from cable mod cause thats way too expensive but the cheaper sleeved extensions are worth a punt.

I bought an extra 2x8GB because I didn't like the gaps between my DIMMs :blush:

I only built my pc in the last couple of months but today I ordered a new case because I can’t stand the cheap look of the one I originally went with (it was very cheap). Ordered an NZXT H510 so that’s £75 spent purely for cosmetic reasons.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom