What make of blank VHS tapes should I use?

MLAM

Established Member
Reaction score
Which manufacture make the best quality tapes?

I am going to do a few importent recordings soon, so can someone advise me what is the best quality tapes out on the market as there are so many types out there now.

I do normally use TDK but are there better tapes out there?

Any advice would be very helpful.
thanks

Hi Mlam
I always try to use TDK 240 Hi-Fi myself and have been recommended Fuji for S-VHS. Good prices at http://www.pricebuster.org.uk/ or try KVJ Fairdeal.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.

Hi Garrett

Thanks for replying,

I had a look at the site you reccomended me but the P+P prices are a little expensive aren't they.

Could you also tell me What the link to the KJV fairdeal website is please?

Thanks
MLAM

Hi Mlam
Posted reply for above on Recording Sky Digital on S-VHS to you question about KVJ Fairdeal P&P is about the same, I usually get quite a few tapes, or ask my mates, parents etc. if the want some cheap tapes and split the postage with them. Also you can get other media MD, CD-R, cassettes, camcorders tapes.

Thanks Garrett.

Did you find the results good recording on Fuji tapes?
I have tried recording on TDK XP S-VHS tapes and I thought they were very impressive.

P.S. How many tapes do you normally buy in one go when you need to buy some?

Originally posted by grant chandler
If you want better signal to noise on S-VHS you should first obtain a machine with DNR (Dynamic Noise Reduction) and TBC (Time Base Correction).<br />I have for some years now been using Fuji H471S Tapes. I find these give me a much less noisier picture than the TDK range.<br />Better still try the JVC DF300 DVHS tape. these are available from KVJ Fairdeal (see add in What Video TV)<br />It should be noted that, these tapes, although offer exellent results will not take continual timeshift but, are ideal for archiving valuable recordings.
That’s some one else’s view.
Initially I was expecting a vast difference (I mean vast) between VHS and S-VHS and was a little disappointed but as my machine does brilliant recording in VHS I think I was expecting a miracle with the S-VHS. On looking again I would say the quality is very near the original broadcast.

As to the other question, it varies.

Hi can any1 tel me where AUDIO-TIME uk ltd is plz!!! or any toher main dealers of hinari and bush products????

main dealers of hinari and bush products????

Hinari went in to liquidation a few years ago but the brand name is still used on some products supplied by Dixons/Currys.
Just about any UK High st retailer including Argos do Bush.

I don't remember finding a single tape all our varied decks were happy with, though we stopped short of trying the ludicrously expensive ultra-high end ones.

Might help if you identify your VCR in case anyone can make a specific recommendation.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom