What outcome would you like to see from a vote of no confidence in the current Government?

What outcome would you like to see from a vote of no confidence (VONC) in the current Government?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He has dispatched 2 prime minister's and is looking to dispatch a third.
My post wasn't funny at all there is nothing funny about the state of the country with the current lying cheating arse as the PM at the moment.
I don't see him destroying the labour party I see him as liberating it.

Oh wow.
Liberating the party from what? Any hope of winning an election?

JC doesn't have a deal
We will see,he sent delegates to the EU and I'm sure calls have been made and discussion taken place on a deal that suits both sides.
Anyone who thinks they haven't had discussions and conversations about a deal is wrong.
But that's just my opinion

Oh wow.
Liberating the party from what? Any hope of winning an election?
Let's see what happens won't we.
Like I have said many many times before change is needed.
And these Tory's need to be kicked out asap.

If Jezza becomes PM and commands a majority, I'm sure the EU will entertain him with regards to discussing a deal. Same really applies to anyone whose PM and can command a majority. As unlikely as that may be right now.

Doesn't mean something will be negotiated though.

Otherwise it's just gonna be May's deal, with a very ambitious possibility that the backstop can be removed/reworked.

But I think the backstop ship has sailed.

Very rare in the history of our political system where an general election is offered on a silver platter to the opposition and they look at it like Victoria Beckham looks at food (with disgust)

They know, half of them would get slaughtered and the other half will limp to a smaller majority! They are just trying to stop the democratic process by any means necessary.

The dead wood needs to be removed and our nation needs to be saved.

Bojo with a majority will force the hand of the EU... no doubt about that!
Can't move forward with Commie, Teabag and Krankie leading the anti democratic stance......

We will see,he sent delegates to the EU and I'm sure calls have been made and discussion taken place on a deal that suits both sides.
Anyone who thinks they haven't had discussions and conversations about a deal is wrong.
But that's just my opinion
There is no evidence of that.

However plenty that Boris himself has been meeting EU leaders, Stephen Barclay meeting with the EU and draft papers have been exchanged. And the EU have shifted from their position the WA will not be reopened. Despite this, I keep being told that Boris is doing nothing to get a new deal.

I'm amazed you can believe Corbyn has done work to get a deal, yet apparently are on the side that believes Boris has done nothing to get one.

Opposition leaders have agreed not to bring a Vote of No Confidence this side of the 19 October deadline.

Pretty much as expected.

Deal, extension, or ditch.

Let's see which one he fancies.

Opposition leaders have agreed not to bring a Vote of No Confidence this side of the 19 October deadline.
I'm not convinced. If Boris gets close to bringing back a deal they are going to look very foolish.

And even more so if they reject it.

I'm not convinced. If Boris gets close to bringing back a deal they are going to look very foolish.

He's not bringing a deal back. That was the reason Amber Rudd resigned, she saw zero attempts for a deal and all government effort was on no deal planning.

Very rare in the history of our political system where an general election is offered on a silver platter to the opposition and they look at it like Victoria Beckham looks at food (with disgust)

They know, half of them would get slaughtered and the other half will limp to a smaller majority! They are just trying to stop the democratic process by any means necessary.

The dead wood needs to be removed and our nation needs to be saved.

This has been covered multiple times. It's just a way to ensure that the process gets extended, rather than just putting a false deadline on it, and leaving with nothing.

Boris will bring back a version of the TM deal. They might change the wording of the backstop, but nothing else.

He's going to end up with egg on his face, and no hand on his thigh.

If Johnson brings back a deal, then it won't be rejected but will be amended.

A confirmatory referendum will be added [with mandatory extension to allow for the referendum to held].

Protection for workers and human rights will be entrenched into it.

Customs Union 2.0 will be added.

If Johnson and the ERG would be content with all that, we could get a deal through Parliament and settle this Brexit farce today.

Last edited:

A confirmatory referendum will be added.

If Johnson and the ERG would be content with all that, we could get a deal through Parliament and settle this Brexit farce today.
I don't think he will go for it...

A confirmatory referendum will be added.

Agree, there's a majority for that. That should be the government's focus, not trying to start English Civil War 2.0.

Lets have a general election.. come on!

Don't be a chicken......... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I have no idea how Labour would deliver Brexit.

Say for example Boris is kicked out by a vote of no confidence. A temp Government is formed with Jezza as PM and Labour in control. Labour cronies (Emily Thornberry for example) go to EU to sort a deal, but really want to remain. How can you negotiate one thing when you want the opposite?

You'd negotiate a Brexit deal you can live with, then campaign for your preferred option and hope voters side with you. It's a simple idea, but with a lot of nuance that voters are probably just not interested in. All we've had for the last 3 and a bit years is a binary choice before Parliament Deal or No Deal, with no real say from voters just MP's slagging each other off. All the 2016 vote gave was an instruction to leave, not how to leave. Thus chaos has ensued. We can thank David Cameron for that one.

They'd probably give us a slightly softer Brexit - Single Market and Customs union. They'd have to avoid an election though - can't see the electorate liking that much.

There is no way to avoid an election for very long, if a Unity Government were formed once a deal or second referendum has taken place a mandate must be sought to deal with all the other problems that have been building up due to Brexit alongside implementing the Brexit Decision.

The way to sell a softer Brexit Deal is to say, that it's a stepping stone that provides stability while a comprehensive trade deal is negotiated with the EU. If you want to be truly free of the EU then a trade deal is the only way of getting there.

Alternatively, a referendum on a TM style deal vs No Brexit. In this scenario, it would be harder for another party to overturn it in the event of a GE.

You'd have to set up a second referendum to be legally binding upon Parliament, if you want to avoid a repeat of the last 3 years. Though I dare say Farage wouldn't be too disappointed if we don't leave the EU. It'll give him something to rage about for years to come.

Interesting fact would be how many Labour voters actually voted to leave................................ surely in the forthcoming election (which will happen no doubt) they can't vote for a party that is now in the remain camp (even tho it's against Commie own beliefs) unbelievable......

Interesting fact would be how many Labour voters actually voted to leave................................ surely in the forthcoming election (which will happen no doubt) they can't vote for a party that is now in the remain camp (even tho it's against Commie own beliefs) unbelievable......

Labour aren't in the Remain Camp. They voted against it. They're a Corbyn Deal with confirmation referendum camp.

According to YouGov, Labour are 65% Remain, 35% Leave. TBH, I expected far higher proportion of Leave but it appears that modern Labour has a greater pull in the cities than in the working class North.

He's not bringing a deal back. That was the reason Amber Rudd resigned, she saw zero attempts for a deal and all government effort was on no deal planning.
And we all know Amber Rudd has no track record of making dishonest or misleading statements.

Her quote on the effort for deal Vs no deal was bizarre. Of course 90% of the effort goes into no deal planning. A deal means nothing needs to change immediately, so how could it possibly need as much effort?

Lets have a general election.. come on!

Don't be a chicken......... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Turkey surely.

Labour aren't in the Remain Camp. They voted against it. They're a Corbyn Deal with confirmation referendum camp.

According to YouGov, Labour are 65% Remain, 35% Leave. TBH, I expected far higher proportion of Leave but it appears that modern Labour has a greater pull in the cities than in the working class North.
Working class North you think would have more pull than cities... He wants a deal, if not I am going to throw my toys out of the pram. 35% is a quite high number. That's 1/3 of the labour vote. If no deal then makes him remain..............

And we all know Amber Rudd has no track record of making dishonest or misleading statements.

Her quote on the effort for deal Vs no deal was bizarre. Of course 90% of the effort goes into no deal planning. A deal means nothing needs to change immediately, so how could it possibly need as much effort?

Turkey surely.
Madras with mint sauce works for me :)

He has dispatched 2 prime minister's and is looking to dispatch a third.
My post wasn't funny at all there is nothing funny about the state of the country with the current lying cheating arse as the PM at the moment.
I don't see him destroying the labour party I see him as liberating it.
He's despatched no one
The EU /conservatives have. You really are deluded.

In this cabinet, personal character means nothing. They're all either incompetent or liars so attacking character is meaningless when discussing their opinions or statements.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom