What Replacement AV Receiver for Arcam AVR280 ?

BadgerB

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am a AVR280* owner thinking of upgrading to a Arcam AVR 360 or 400, or a similarly priced Anthem (MRX700) or Yamaha Adventage 1030.

When used as a stereo amp the quality of the AVR280 is fantastic. But is the AVR 360/400 as good for audio?

And I also want to use it for 7 channel AV instead of my Marantz SR5008. Will be used with EPOS 12.2 speakers.

thanks
Bob

Having owned both Arcam and Anthem, I prefer the Anthem. Get a dem, see what you like - don't expect any good room correction from anything made by Arcam tho, you're much better leaving it off.

Thanks ,

Btw: which Arcam did you have? And what did you feel about the stereo music quality of the Anthem vs the Arcam.

Good point about the room correction!

Bob

I had the 500 and then the 600 because the 500 was a mess.

That said however musically it was very good, pretty much what you'd expect. For movies a little bit dull but not awful or anything.

An MRX300 is not as good as the Arcam for music but with ARC on it's pretty close. For movies the Anthem is much more lively and engaging.

I use my MRX as a processor. Add a power amp and it's a good step up from the Arcams all round.

And works out about the same price, but with a top end room correction.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom