What setup do I need for muti-room - home theater combo

moneymm22

Novice Member
Reaction score
So just moved into a house where they have 4 different rooms on first floor all with 2 speakers each and 6 speakers in the den and 2 speakers outside. all are wired to the den. the 5 rooms with 2 speakers each all have a volume control on the wall, but the den does not as i guess those 6 speakers are just designed to work with the TV/remote?

so i was able to get a used Denon Receiver avrs710w. i connected the 6 speakers in the den for the tv, all connected to zone one. i have an HDMI arc running from tv to receiver, and it works nicely for TV sound. now i have an open zone 2, but its only really for 2 speakers. im guessing i could connect 4, but i dont see 10 being an option...

what are my options now for the other 5 sets of speakers. i would love for all 16 speakers to be able to play the same music at the same time. but i would settle for just getting to be able to say alexa play johnny cash and hearing it in the other 5 rooms.

am i somehow able to connect all these speakers to this same receiver i already have?

what if i bought this 6 zone amplifier on amazon, then i could connect the 5 sets of speakers to it and the receiver to it, and im all set with everything for just 115 bucks?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom