What smartphone are you tempted to get next?

Gone for the Xperia 1 ii. Don't let the £1099 retail price put you off. Got mine for £760 down and a 3 months at £31.69 with O2. You get the sony wh-1000xm3 headphones free redeamed at purchase and I also got £50 cashback from topcashback for taking out the a monthly contract with O2. So £805 for the phone and headphones is a cracking deal.

P20 Pro battery life is starting to drop after just under 3 years. Has been a brilliant phone - camera is excellent. Pity I need Google so won't go for a p40 pro. I'm looking for either an S20 or Xiaomi Mi Note 10 as a cheaper option. Camera is a big driver for me.

I'm in the exact same boat, p20 pro has been brilliant but battery life has taken a hit now, still way better than i expected tbh, i had samsungs before and even before 2 years battery was pretty much dead compared to what p20 still got atm.

Might jump back on samsung again but in no way am i paying the daft amounts of money they want.
Oppo and xiaomi have my interest.

Got the Oppo Find X2 Pro on pre-order for next week, had my Oneplus 6T coming up two years and fancied a change - wasn't that fussed until I tried a high refresh display. I usually stick with OnePlus but they are no longer available via O2 and the cost of entry is now much higher for the latest one, so back to a contract phone for me...had the 2, 3T and then the 6T.
The other one I had on my radar was the new Sony Xperia 1 Mk2, but I wasn't convinced of the "like higher refresh" marketing blurb. I do miss the old Sony small format flagships though, after the Z3 Compact they seemed to stop making them a viable option.

I've had the Oppo a few days now. Great phone. You had yours yet? What kind of deal did you go for?

I've had the Oppo a few days now. Great phone. You had yours yet? What kind of deal did you go for?

Yeah excellent - had it on release day last Wednesday. Everything works great on it, fingerprint reader is far more reliable than the OnePlus - quicker too, speed is awesome, camera is stunning, screen is stunning too. The charger speed is insane!
Was glad that it had AptxHD bluetooth which was the only worry, I had seen mixed reviews some saying it did, some saying it didn't. All my good wireless headphones are AptxHD enabled so would have been a pain if it didn't!
Had to order a case from China (Giztop) though as they are few and far between, and skins are non-existent so far too.

I kept on my existing deal with O2, just changed the phone - £0 upfront and I also renewed my airtime discount which I get through work (-25%) so it's worked out a fair bit cheaper than I was paying for the same 15GB of data. I also share that with my Tab S6 4G so it's enough for both devices.
Sold the Oneplus and just waiting to hear about the free headphones claim as I will be selling them too - so all in all, I am up compared to what I was paying.

Yeah excellent - had it on release day last Wednesday. Everything works great on it, fingerprint reader is far more reliable than the OnePlus - quicker too, speed is awesome, camera is stunning, screen is stunning too. The charger speed is insane!
Was glad that it had AptxHD bluetooth which was the only worry, I had seen mixed reviews some saying it did, some saying it didn't. All my good wireless headphones are AptxHD enabled so would have been a pain if it didn't!
Had to order a case from China (Giztop) though as they are few and far between, and skins are non-existent so far too.

I kept on my existing deal with O2, just changed the phone - £0 upfront and I also renewed my airtime discount which I get through work (-25%) so it's worked out a fair bit cheaper than I was paying for the same 15GB of data. I also share that with my Tab S6 4G so it's enough for both devices.
Sold the Oneplus and just waiting to hear about the free headphones claim as I will be selling them too - so all in all, I am up compared to what I was paying.

Sounds like you got a good deal then.
I moved from O2 to EE as O2 for me was very expensive. To get the price down would have given me a contract for 3 years which is something I dont want to do.
Paid £235 upfront, then £39 for 24 Months. 20GB data and also 5G.

Yeh the charge speed is amazing. I'm wary though as I've read it could ruin your battery over a period of time so I'll only use that option when I have to. One thing I miss is wireless charging TBH.

Thinking about the Sony Xperia 1 ii. Currently on contract with an iPhone XS Max, But considering going back to android as id like to save some cash on my monthly contract. I always bought Sony phones before the smartphone era came in and the new Xperia looks interesting.

I am torn. Oppo Find x2 pro or Sony Xperia 1 ii. I have the Wh-1000xm3 headphones already (brought them last year) hands down best headphones I have owned. So like the idea of the ldac’s in the Sony for the HI-res audio (although will that sound better the aptxHd I don’t know) 120hz on Oppo is awesome but I don’t game a lot, I don’t scroll though my menus or web pages at lightning speed (like a lot of reviewers do to show off the refresh rates) so would I notice not having it? Charging, both have their pros and cons, but for me they balance (if no wireless charge then super fast wired is just as convenient) but are well crafted. I am really torn, to the point that if I get one I might regret not getting the other. Any experience on using either would be greatly appreciated.

Was hoping the 4a & one plus z would be out as id like a new phone sooner rather than later

I've had a Huawei Mate 20 Pro for the last 18 months. I'd previously swapped my phones every 6-8 months before that. I feel like I've reached a point where the camera, processor and storage is good enough for my needs, I'm not seeing an immediate need to jump to a new model. And with new Huawei phones lacking Google apps, I'm not sure what I'd move to either.

I'm in the same boat. I've also had my Mate 20 Pro for 18 months and it's been one of the best handsets I've owned. Everything just works, camera has been superb and battery lasts ages.

I'm feeling the upgrade itch, but have no idea what to upgrade to. I'm entrenched with Google, so cannot look at the newer Huawei devices, and I'm not fond of Samsung/OnePlus' newer models either. I'll probably hang tight until something desirable eventually hits the market - perhaps next year when 5G is more commonplace.

I am torn. Oppo Find x2 pro or Sony Xperia 1 ii. I have the Wh-1000xm3 headphones already (brought them last year) hands down best headphones I have owned. So like the idea of the ldac’s in the Sony for the HI-res audio (although will that sound better the aptxHd I don’t know) 120hz on Oppo is awesome but I don’t game a lot, I don’t scroll though my menus or web pages at lightning speed (like a lot of reviewers do to show off the refresh rates) so would I notice not having it? Charging, both have their pros and cons, but for me they balance (if no wireless charge then super fast wired is just as convenient) but are well crafted. I am really torn, to the point that if I get one I might regret not getting the other. Any experience on using either would be greatly appreciated.

I have no experience with the Sony but the Oppo is great for me.

Id have no hesitation picking the same phone again in an instant. Get the phone that suits your needs.

Gone for the Xperia 1 ii. Don't let the £1099 retail price put you off. Got mine for £760 down and a 3 months at £31.69 with O2. You get the sony wh-1000xm3 headphones free redeamed at purchase and I also got £50 cashback from topcashback for taking out the a monthly contract with O2. So £805 for the phone and headphones is a cracking deal.
I went for something similar from 02 - but went for the slightly cheaper option of paying for the phone in full at £799 including headphones so I don't have any monthly contract.

My son liked the phone so I got him the same one on an EE contract. He wanted unlimited data as he is off to university and cannot rely on wifi wherever he will end up living. (Alo by getting it on contract he can use wifi calling - wifi calling does not work if using the o2 phone on an EE sim.) The EE contract for unlimited data for 2 years was £50 with nothing up front. I actually think this is a better deal than the o2 one. If you value the headphones at £200 then the phone has a net cost of £600 from 02. That is equivalent to £25 per month on a 2 year contract. That essentially means that for my son I am paying £25 per month for unlimited 5G data - which I think is a great price.

Me 4 ! Rumour has it , it might actually arrive for those who have pre-ordered via OnePlus directly.

I got a shipping notification from DPD saying I got a delivery Monday. Excellent !

Already sold my Samsung S10 :D

Mine should be here by the end of the week. What round of pre-orders did you manage to get on, and storage size you order? I was the third lot. You'll have to let us know what you think if it.

Mine should be here by the end of the week. What round of pre-orders did you manage to get on, and storage size you order? I was the third lot. You'll have to let us know what you think if it.

3rd I believe , and I went for the 8/128 in Blue , my 1st OnePlus phone , its more of an experiment into the Oxygen OS really for me, also got the Blue buds as well as I selected the correct option, ... Have you had any DPD notifications come through ?

According to the OnePlus Forum on here The Nordians Pre-Order Club

Sold my Samsung already and have gone back to my iPhone which im enjoying at the moment.

3rd I believe , and I went for the 8/128 in Blue , my 1st OnePlus phone , its more of an experiment into the Oxygen OS really for me, also got the Blue buds as well as I selected the correct option, ... Have you had any DPD notifications come through ?

According to the OnePlus Forum on here The Nordians Pre-Order Club

Sold my Samsung already and have gone back to my iPhone which im enjoying at the moment.

I got the 8/128 in grey. I've not had anything come through from DPD yet (3rd round of pre-orders). I only got a free blue sandstone case as a bonus gift. But I'm not fussed about getting the Buds tbh, I've already got the 1st Gen Wireless and they do me fine tbh (the fact the Buds lack Aptx is a killing point for me).
I did purchase an All-In bundle with mine though (Black Sandstone case, 3D tempered screen protector, a pair of bullets USB-C, and an extra warp charger and cable.)

yeah I should have ordered an extra case as there isn't any decent third party ones out for it yet. I guess the clear one in the box should do me for a bit.

It should be fine. I'm really hoping OnePlus release a flip case for it. As I loved my flip case for my OnePlus X.

Me 4 ! Rumour has it , it might actually arrive for those who have pre-ordered via OnePlus directly.

I got a shipping notification from DPD saying I got a delivery Monday. Excellent !

Already sold my Samsung S10 :D
Why go from an S10 to a Nord? Nord looks decent enough but better than an S10, not sure I'd move from my S9 even.

If my S9 died, different matter, Nord would be a very viable choice.

Why go from an S10 to a Nord? Nord looks decent enough but better than an S10, not sure I'd move from my S9 even.

If my S9 died, different matter, Nord would be a very viable choice.
The S10 was just bloated, full of Samsung rubbish on it, also the battery life is pretty poor for a 3400mah battery that is in it. The only outstanding feature is the camera quality on it.

Alos mentioned before it’s an experiment and its my 1st OnePlus device.

@Lustral did you get it today? I just got the DPD shipping notification now saying it'll be here tomorrow.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom