What smartphone are you tempted to get next?

Timalay

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what smartphone's people are tempted to get next. Been thinking of retiring my Moto X4. For me, I was tempted by the Motorola One Zoom, but I'm more tempted by the OnePlus Z lately.

Last edited:
none for 2 year contract. S20 ULTRA 5G is my limit. Any others will put me in the poor house.

I'm still using my OnePlus 3T as my daily driver, even though I got a OnePlus 5 to replace it when I had to send it away for the camera module to be replaced.

I'm not fussed about having the latest and greatest phone and am thinking about getting a Google Pixel 3a when I think the price is right.

I'm still using my OnePlus 3T as my daily driver, even though I got a OnePlus 5 to replace it when I had to send it away for the camera module to be replaced.

I'm not fussed about having the latest and greatest phone and am thinking about getting a Google Pixel 3a when I think the price is right.
SMART MOVE. I will own mine 2 plus years no matter what comes out. 1400 and done. Yes insane price.

I've had a Huawei Mate 20 Pro for the last 18 months. I'd previously swapped my phones every 6-8 months before that. I feel like I've reached a point where the camera, processor and storage is good enough for my needs, I'm not seeing an immediate need to jump to a new model. And with new Huawei phones lacking Google apps, I'm not sure what I'd move to either.

Perhaps when 5G phones are more common and they've integrated the 5G with the processor chip again, helping bring battery life back to what we were used to with good 4G phones, I will look again and consider upgrading.

And if my Mate 20 Pro breaks in the interim, I'd probably try to find another cheap Mate 20 Pro to replace it!

OnePlus 7t is on my radar at the moment especially as it's down to 469 now.

Currently using a pixel 2xl.

Perhaps when 5G phones are more common and they've integrated the 5G with the processor chip again, helping bring battery life back to what we were used to with good 4G phones, I will look again and consider upgrading.

The OnePlus Z is rumoured to have a Snapdragon 765G which has 5G integrated into the chipset.

I’ll be getting the pixel 4a when it’s released.
It’s not the size of a horse, it has that amazing new feature for 2020, the headphone jack, decent screen, relatively fast charging, and it’ll have a decent OS.

there’s just nothing else out there, it really is a crap choice for smaller phones right now.

Contract is up in October so will be making a move over to Android and will hopefully grab a decent deal on the Pixel 4XL or 5.

iPhone 13 Pro Max likely. Happy to skip a generation, in no rush to upgrade.

As I have had all the Main Google Pixels (except the budget 3A, but still a tremendous phone), I currently have the Google Pixel 4, so will be a shame not to get the Pixel 5 when it's released.

S10E although I'm not sure it's a smart option considering the S20 is available & its still quite expensive

pixel5 but i already have a pixel 3 Unlimited backcup storage was key

I've recently upgraded from my LG G6 to a second hand Mate 20 Pro from the forums classifieds.

Absolutely brilliant, even the stuff I hate about modern phones hasn't been a massive problem. I really don't feel like I'm missing out on amythibg, especially not for a budget of about 200 notes.

I've had a Huawei Mate 20 Pro for the last 18 months. I'd previously swapped my phones every 6-8 months before that. I feel like I've reached a point where the camera, processor and storage is good enough for my needs, I'm not seeing an immediate need to jump to a new model. And with new Huawei phones lacking Google apps, I'm not sure what I'd move to either.

Might keep the S20 Ultra for 2 years.....
Been eyeing the Huawei range for a while and may be tempted when I'm looking again.

Been eyeing the Huawei range for a while and may be tempted when I'm looking again.

What is your take on Huawei's lack of Google Play store? It does seem Huawei is really pumping money into their own app ecosystem.

I'm still rocking my Oneplus One but the battery life is getting pretty bad now and can only go half a day during heavy use. Currently looking at Pixel 3a, Xiaomi Mi 9se or Samsung A51. Just waiting to see what sort of specs and price the Pixel 4a is when launched.

What is your take on Huawei's lack of Google Play store? It does seem Huawei is really pumping money into their own app ecosystem.

I just bought a p40 pro. I actually bought it on purpose as I wanted to be google free. No drama's for me though, as I don't use Facebook,instagram etc.
I have had to take a hit on my banking app, but other than that, no problems. I use F-droid, Aptiode and Aurora store for any apps I need. I originally used phone clone to get what i could off my original phone. The camera is fantastic on it though, so it does make up for the inconvenience.
I realise some are too entrenched with google, so it's not for everyone.

Wish I could go for a P40 pro but do use Google.

i think I’m eyeing the Note 20+ when it comes out.

P20 Pro battery life is starting to drop after just under 3 years. Has been a brilliant phone - camera is excellent. Pity I need Google so won't go for a p40 pro. I'm looking for either an S20 or Xiaomi Mi Note 10 as a cheaper option. Camera is a big driver for me.

I'm out of contract and been sitting on my hands for a while. Nothing much taking my fancy and feel less and less bothered about the having the latest and greatest. I need a change though, I have LG V30 which has been OK but playing up now.

Probably going to go for the Pixel 3a. Seems better value now and still has that really well regarded camera. Fan of the stock Google too. The LG never gets any updates.

Got the Oppo Find X2 Pro on pre-order for next week, had my Oneplus 6T coming up two years and fancied a change - wasn't that fussed until I tried a high refresh display. I usually stick with OnePlus but they are no longer available via O2 and the cost of entry is now much higher for the latest one, so back to a contract phone for me...had the 2, 3T and then the 6T.
The other one I had on my radar was the new Sony Xperia 1 Mk2, but I wasn't convinced of the "like higher refresh" marketing blurb. I do miss the old Sony small format flagships though, after the Z3 Compact they seemed to stop making them a viable option.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom