What speakers are you using with your Audiolab 6000a?

My current system is the excellent Audiolab 6000a with Monitor Audio Silver RX1, BK XLS 200 (high level input). Digital inputs from the TV and Spotify through a Sonos ZP120. Chord Odyssey speaker cables.

I am looking to soon replace the RX1’s. Perfect condition but I imagine quite a bit has changed in 7 years. But I will audition as they sound pretty great.
So the question is, and maybe just for fun, what speakers are you running through your 6000a? I think it’s a better amp than the price suggests. #1 contender for me at the moment is the Dynaudio Emit 20, but the 4ohm load worries me a little. They are also not wife friendly in their looks....
I’m on my 3 and final speaker to partner my 6000a. I have found my perfect partner and I’m delighted , the Q Acoustics Concept 40 .
First up was B&W 607 , great speaker but not with audiolab , way too bright and harsh sounding , sold them and bought Wharfedale Diamond 11.3 which on paper should’ve been a perfect match but they never worked in my room , I have wooden floors and they also sounded too bright and thin and had trouble filling my room with sound, I moved them into my bedroom which is carpeted and the sound was improved a lot ,but still , they had to go .Onto the 40’s , what attracted me at first was the price , a £1000 speaker selling at £700 ! I done some research and went for it , I’m glad I did , from the very note I could tell they were a vast improvement , such a huge detailed soundstage , I’m hearing things in my music I’ve never heard before , add the lovely warm rich bass and amazing build quality , not to mention the lacquered gloss finish and I couldn’t be happier , their looks aren’t for everyone but they do look so much better in real life , I won’t be changing my system for a very long time

I had a 6000A and ran it with KEF speakers and, to my ears, they sounded very goof together. The KEFs make the most of the 6000A’s spacious soundstage.
Whcih KEFs?

An old thread I know however the best for the money speakers I’ve used with the Audiolab 6000a are the Q Acoustics Concept 40.

I can well imagine that is a good combination.

Being as this is resurrected, I can update slightly to say I’m now in year 4 of
My 6000A plus MA Silver 200s (6th gen).
I’ve changed things slightly by adding an Audiolab 8000P into the mix. atm the 6000a is working as pre-amp only with the 8000P bi- wired to the speakers.
At some point I’ll be able to get back at the cabling and take it back to running in its previous integrated guise with the 6000A driving the tweeters and the 8000A driving the others. Not so sure that makes a big difference, but I like the greater power of the 8000P, and I like using all the available options.
Changes to the room saw a big rug taken out and new timber flooring going in - sound got a bit brighter then but still fine by me, and my wife is slowly softening things up again by filling the room and surrounding anything hifi looking with big plants…;)

I use mine with PMC Twenty.21 speakers. I might have an issue with transformer hum from the amp. Otherwise, it’s excellent.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom