what speakers would work well with Naim 5si

Ranulph

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm after some new speakers and clearly given the current situation auditioning is challenging! I have a Naim 5si amp and am looking for some stand mounted speakers that would match well. My room is pretty good for listening, lots of carpet and soft furnishings, it 5m X 4m but they would have to sit a max of 20-30cms from windows with shutters. I listen to a large variety of music but mostly either electronic or ladies singing with pianos ( is that niche!?). My budget is £1000-1500 and would be interested in both new and 2nd hand options that are simple to source. Any help much appreciated!

David

sorry - should have said, I like detail in my music, 'ease of listening' doesn't really bother me

The Naim Nait 5Si amp is a really nice listen with 60w/channel into 8ohm (i think.. its 100w into 4 but dont quote me).. it's probably a slightly more authoritarian prescence than the rega brio.. but overall i would say their about on same par with speaker choice.

Given the current availability with the Naim.. you're good with Rega RX1's, Spendor A1's, Focal Aria 906's, Dynaudio's are ok on the naim.. but dont expect high volume.. you realistically would need a set of evoke 20's i would think.., The PMC Twenty5 21 also fits very well as do all PMC's with Naim..

The top of the budget are the PMC's and the Evokes 20's.. just outside your limit i think unless you can get some on partex or ex demo.

Spendor A1 is in the £1200 mark

The sub grand mark.. you have the aria 906's and the Rega RX1's both in the £800 mark...

all these are before speaker cabling and proper stands.

I will say the rega's are probably the black sheep here in that they "appear" to be lightfooted with some amps and therefore require a more tonally dark amp for that tight low to engage.

The Arias's perform well when close to back walls but lose a bit of lower end and control when pulled away.

All of the above i know will partner the naim well.. there may be other suggestion but for me, they are mine.

Being as you're London based.. you have a good choice of shops there so i would side mention the Sonus Faber Venere 1.5 as a special mention to audition

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Neat are always alleged to sound good with Naim and these are a bit of a bargain. And a good size for your room.

(Not sure why you need standmounters, often a pair of top class floorstanders take up less space.)

A more modern looking pair close by

Kudos too are an exceptional speaker and frequently paired with Naim.

And I doubt you’d be anything other than delighted with these brand new startling bargains

Add one of these in a suitable, matching finish and have yourself a seriously first class hifi.

Moorgate also have the above Spendors in black And in white.

Probably my first choice for standmounts. Especially with the sub.

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Hi, thanks for the links, I'm after stand mounted speakers because I need the floor area free, and to put the speakers on either side of a window seat. Its a well made and stable platform but i might invest in some isolating spikes later on.

ATC speakers are supposed to work well with Naim. Quite a number of Naim users report great results on the Naim Forums.

PMC spring to mind, the outgoing twenty5 21 might suit your requirements.

Have a listen to a pair of these, the best small speakers I have ever listened to:-

Yes they look good, but if only I could afford the gloss black!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom