Question What Ultra HD Bluray Player to match the Dennon X3600H & Samsung Q85R

graymattor

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am almost completed putting together my small home cinema system, the last piece in the puzzle, for now, is a Bluray player, it looks as though it depends on the equipment I have as to what player would be best.

I have a Samsung 75Q85R, this will be hooked up to a Denon X3600H, all inputs will be run through the Denon, what would you guys suggest would be the best Bluray player for me to purchase? I don't really have a budget but I'm looking for the best bang for buck / cheapest (ish) but without compromise. I don't need it to have any streaming services/be smart or wifi (as long as their is a way to update the firmware in the future)

I look forward to your suggestions

Thanks

Hi All,

I am almost completed putting together my small home cinema system, the last piece in the puzzle, for now, is a Bluray player, it looks as though it depends on the equipment I have as to what player would be best.

I have a Samsung 75Q85R, this will be hooked up to a Denon X3600H, all inputs will be run through the Denon, what would you guys suggest would be the best Bluray player for me to purchase? I don't really have a budget but I'm looking for the best bang for buck / cheapest (ish) but without compromise. I don't need it to have any streaming services/be smart or wifi (as long as their is a way to update the firmware in the future)

I look forward to your suggestions

Thanks
Not clear if you are after just a blu-ray player or, to match your 4K TV, a UHD player. If a UHD player
Cheap and cheerful: Panasonic UB450 (biggest bang for the buck)
Not so cheap but more cheerful: Panasonic UB820

Sorry if my post is confusing, i am very new to all this so I am trying to find my feet with basics!!

is a Bluray player different from a UHD player?

I am not looking to brand match, just something that matches the specifications, for example, HDR 1, HDR 10+, Dolby Vision, IMAX, etc, etc so i get the best possible picture with the equipment i have, does that make sense?

I have seen the UB450 discussed it does seem very popular and price wise its not bad at all, but wasn't this lacking something from the UB420? it is so confusing lol!

Sorry if my post is confusing, i am very new to all this so I am trying to find my feet with basics!!

is a Bluray player different from a UHD player?

I am not looking to brand match, just something that matches the specifications, for example, HDR 1, HDR 10+, Dolby Vision, IMAX, etc, etc so i get the best possible picture with the equipment i have, does that make sense?

I have seen the UB450 discussed it does seem very popular and price wise its not bad at all, but wasn't this lacking something from the UB420? it is so confusing lol!
If you want HDR you need a UHD player.
For your TV you don't need Dolby Vision (although the UB450 can do this). UB450 is lacking the HDR Optimiser feature found in the UB420 and the more expensive UB820.

But for your TV (high nits output) this Optimiser is not really essential especially as many recent UHDs are mastered at a low nits level where the Optimiser wouldn't work anyway. Try looking at this video explaining the differences between the two models

Thank you for the explanation, I really appreciate it.

I've watched the video and it really helped, it does look as though the 450 is very good value! It looks as though it's going to be the one I look at buying, thanks for that.

I really need to learn about these things, it fascinates me but so complicated, buying the speakers was one hell of a learning curve lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom