What was your last Blu-ray purchase? Part 6 (please read first post)

And so Jaws-watch begins.....................some have been dispatched, others haven't, when and where is the first lucky one going to drop through the letterbox..........I need some snacks for this........... :smoke:

I can hear John Williams' orchestra tuning up in the background :D

Probably charge 100 big ones for that.
And I’ll probably pay for it!!!! In the same week I’ve paid £80 for Dawn of the Dead, here’s a film I’ve seen probably ten times more.......I hate this bloody hobby........

..........I don’t really. :love:

And I’ll probably pay for it!!!! In the same week I’ve paid £80 for Dawn of the Dead, here’s a film I’ve seen probably ten times more.......I hate this bloody hobby........

..........I don’t really. :love:

After not really buying discs (only every few months) for a long while, I’ve lost the plot in lockdown and not only started buying again, but bought Star Wars set and ordered DOTD LE too!

BTW, I was round your way the other day and want to confess that I took a picture through your window:

65C21A5B-ED99-47AB-8FFD-20FE08F4832F.png

:D

View attachment 1309005

Despite his excursions into the superhero genre somewhat tarnishing his reputation, there was once a decent director living inside Joel Schumacher. The above films are highlights from his CV.
That's strange - I just got Falling Down from HMV too. Completely forgot that I didn't own it already! Just watch the 4K get announced any minute now...

That's strange - I just got Falling Down from HMV too. Completely forgot that I didn't own it already! Just watch the 4K get announced any minute now...

Or in my case (although I’m aware I’m not the only), the price goes down minutes after I buy a disc.

After not really buying discs (only every few months) for a long while, I’ve lost the plot in lockdown and not only started buying again, but bought Star Wars set and ordered DOTD LE too!

BTW, I was round your way the other day and want to confess that I took a picture through your window:

View attachment 1309103

Dammit, you saw my ‘Films beginning with X‘ pile........

I like this cover artwork best, looks like a scream factory title.

It looks like they’ve tried to make it look like a classic horror version of The Goonies. Now there’s an idea....

View attachment 1309005

Despite his excursions into the superhero genre somewhat tarnishing his reputation, there was once a decent director living inside Joel Schumacher. The above films are highlights from his CV.
Love both of these, but what is up with The Lost Boys cover art?! Somebody really signed off on that?! I'm a big fan of the fantastic original poster art. Why not just use that?

Last edited:
View attachment 1308160

After watching Fay Wray in The Most Dangerous Game, it occurred to me that I’ve never actually watched the original King Kong (barring clips here and there).
I've always fancied Innocent Blood given its another horror from John Landis, but if I recall it was unavailable for years. What was the damage on that Bruce?

I've always fancied Innocent Blood given its another horror from John Landis, but if I recall it was unavailable for years. What was the damage on that Bruce?

It was part of a HMV Premium Collection spending spree on their 2 for £25 running promotion:

I ordered Top Gun and Days of Thunder (I haven’t gone 4K so these on blu will suffice) Premium Collections. I wanted King Kong but couldn’t decide another film to get. I had vaguely fond memories of renting Innocent Blood on vhs so went for that. From what I remember, its not vintage Landis but still fun - the highlight being the legend that is Robert Loggia’s mob boss proper “dead and loving it” after being accidentally turned by Anne Parrilaud!

My moment of shame; @bruce-leroy you are welcome to pile in :laugh:

I realised the other day that I've never seen this all the way through. So will be correcting that calamity.

20200531_181928.jpg

*Comes out of hiding* I haven’t seen it all *goes back into hiding*

It's an epic obviously, and I can remember in great detail the first hour or so. But then everything after that is a blank. So I must have started and stopped several times in the past. And then completely forgotten to finish it :facepalm:

The last one to drop in price was The Bride of Frankenstein which I think was round £15 for ages then it dropped to £7.99
Some at this firm varying prices for the different films. Never heard of the firm before anyone use them?

Yes I've used Deff.com through their eBay outlet. Got The Business blu ray from there. No issues.

So I might have gone overboard yesterday with the number of discs I ordered:

Wow HD:
The Waterboy
Buffy 1992

Amazon
Bad Teacher
Happy Gilmore
The Mask
Knocked Up
Campaign
You Don’t Mess With Zohan
Mystery Men
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (90s) 3 pack

CEX
Easy A
blades of Glory
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

eBay
Anchorman 2
Uncle Buck
I Love You Beth Cooper
Semi Pro
Bedtime Stories

Zavvi
Dodgeball
Hulk 2008 4K steelbook

Have my eye on a few more but noticed a lot disc are out of stock and prices raised by market place sellers, not sure if lots of Blu-rays are going OOP or just global events.

I think there are several blu rays going OOP in general, especially 20th Century Fox titles.

My moment of shame; @bruce-leroy you are welcome to pile in :laugh:

I realised the other day that I've never seen this all the way through. So will be correcting that calamity.

View attachment 1309742

Must be reference for blu-ray? One of the very best anyway. Can't wait to see what the 4K coming soon is like...

*Comes out of hiding* I haven’t seen it all *goes back into hiding*

That should have read:

”I haven’t seen it (Lawrence of Alabia) AT all”

Today’s delivery (and final purchases apart from MI box set)
The jaws disc will be going in my blu Steelbook. This amaray cover is awful

4ACC52D8-E334-44F1-B81C-8CEB7A94A763.jpeg

Last edited:
So on Friday, I get a despatch notification for ONE COPY of the WW Titan steel; an Onward Steel; a Parasite Steel and my Jaws collectors edition.

Today I receive....:thumbsdow

088D0279-CC6F-414E-BE02-98AC2A4BF02E.jpeg

7F4F197C-86E6-4C3A-BB54-29224624CD68.jpeg

So on Friday, I get a despatch notification for ONE COPY of the WW Titan steel; an Onward Steel; a Parasite Steel and my Jaws collectors edition.

Today I receive....:thumbsdow

View attachment 1310189
You have to wonder how it’s possible to actually make a mistake like this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom