What was your last Blu-ray purchase? Part 6 (please read first post)

Garrett

Reaction score
Just been looking at these What did you Watch/Buy etc threads and they seem to be nothing but an excuse for a post count. I'm sure someone somewhere is watching some film made on HD DVD/Blu-ray that night or week, for some of the post in in part 1 you may have well looked on a HD DVD/Blu-ray suppliers site.

Would it not be of more interest if peeps give reasons for the purchase or getting a good price on the disc!
Continuing from part 5

Received Curse of Frankenstein and The Elephant Man in the post today.

Has the Studio Canal Collection changed packaging? I have three others (Ladykillers, delicatessen, mulholland drive) and all have a rough tactile cover, separate booklet, and data sheet glued lightly on the back. EM has a smooth cover, booklet incorporated into the front cover, and film info printed on the back. It's still classy but I wondered if it had always been this way...

gitsurfer said:
Received Curse of Frankenstein and The Elephant Man in the post today.

Has the Studio Canal Collection changed packaging? I have three others (Ladykillers, delicatessen, mulholland drive) and all have a rough tactile cover, separate booklet, and data sheet glued lightly on the back. EM has a smooth cover, booklet incorporated into the front cover, and film info printed on the back. It's still classy but I wondered if it had always been this way...

My Mulholland Drive is same as yours. 3 days of the condor nordic one goes one step further with a seperate slip cover as well...even nicer

BD's just in from Amazonia, Phenomenon and A League Of Their Own.

Firefox heartbreak ridge double pack from walmart $7 :)
Amongst all the recent releases

Today brings me Wallander (Branagh version) series 3, £12.25 via Amazon.

Don't seem to be able to get enough Wallander. Books, DVDs, Blu-Rays etc. I like all three actors with their differing versions of the role but Krister Henriksson is my preference. Really looking forward to his third and final series next year - hope BBC4 show it ASAP.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Season Of The Witch (Lenticular Sleeve)
Sucker Punch
A Christmas Carol 3D (DMR)

Top cat 3d
Yogi bear 3d
Clint Eastwood 3 pack western
All from hmv this afternoon went in for the recent monster collection but they didn't have any they only got 2 in
They did have monster from black lagoon single release which I nearly bought but thought better of it :)

Star Trek TNG S1.

I can't afford it so it has been bought as a Christmas present.

Picked up The Ultimate Bourne Collection €14.99 @ HMV today.

My last BD of the week trickled in, Suddenly, with Frank Sinatra and Sterling Hayden.

Picked up Body Snatchers 78, Uni Classic Monsters Collection and Magic (Not seen since release... Hope my memories are not trampled upon..) for the upcoming celebration of my Celtic roots, being the end of the harvest and all. :devil: Oh and Black Rain... It was cheap, but need to get some red wine it to watch it. ;)

Today brings me Rasputin the Mad Monk and The Mummy's Shroud. Pleasingly they came from HMV via TNT but arriving before release date. Still waiting on Zavvi to despatch The Devil Rides Out despite an estimated shipping date of three days ago!

Another CEX Blowout today
The Mummy Trilogy
X-Files I Want To Believe
The Chronicle Of Narnia Prince Caspian
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Remake)
Saw (Special Edition)
Ultraviolet
Soloman Kane
The Wrestler
The Crazies (Remake)(Lenticular Sleeve)
Bad Lieutenant (Lenticular Sleeve)
The Hole in 3D

Last edited:
My last BD of the week trickled in, Suddenly, with Frank Sinatra and Sterling Hayden.

Don't buy this HD Cinema Classics version I got. It's 4/3 when it should be 1.75-1 . A proper version is coming in a month on two.

I got a birthday BD today from my sister, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.

last BD purchase was SAFE - was browsing the hmv website new releases and seen a Jason Statham movie. quick text to the wife to go and buy it on lunch hour :)

want her to get the 5 for £30 but we can't agree on which 5!

Buffalo 66 (Japanese import)
Home Alone 2 (HK import)
Hellsing Ultimate -Vol. 1-4 (US import)
Athena: Goddess of War (US import)
Flash Point (US import)
Mardock Scramble: The First Compression (UK release, £6 at CEX)

Last edited:
Disney BOGOF Blowout today as the offer finishes sunday
Cars
Monsters Inc.
Ratatouille
A Bugs Life
101 Dalmations
101 Dalmations 2
The Aristocats
The Princess & The Frog
The Lion King 2 - Simbas Pride
The Lion King 3 (1.5) - Hakuna Matana
Ordered Lady & The Tramp 2 Movie Collection + Cinderella from Disney Movie Rewards with the points earned from the discs
Also got
Nightwatch
Monsters (Lenticular Sleeve)

Went to Germany this week and came with quite a lot of stuff, either because it's only available there or because it was on sale.

Valhalla Rising picked in a sale for 4.50 Euros, the Spanish 80s cult horror film Anguish (Im Augenblick der Angst in German), the Aussie shark horror movie The Reef, Little Shop of Horrors Director's Cut (cheaper than the US version), Peter Weir's apocalyptic murder mystery The Last Wave, the German Argento homage Masks, The Abandoned, the Ch4 Big Brother zombie satire Dead Set, Stuart Gordon's Dagon and Kathryn Bigelow's Blue Steel (maybe her least popular film, but my favourite of hers). Had a brief peek at all of them. Dagon looks barely better than the DVD and Blue Steel has weird looking grain (too sharp) but the rest look fine. The non-English titles don't have English subs.

Also recently got Prometheus, A New Leaf, Letter From and Unknown Woman, A Woman Under the Influence, The Pact, Bava's Black Sunday, The Boys from Brazil, Twins of Evil, Halloween III, Bond set, Indiana Jones set, The Poseidon Adventure and The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (original)

Last edited:
Grabbed a few this week,

House Of Dark Shadows
Night Of Dark Shadows
Attack Of The werewolves
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Stephen King's Thinner

Didn't particularly buy all these because it's Halloween week, Every week is like Halloween for me ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom