What was your last Blu-ray purchase? Part 6 (please read first post)

That's strange - I just got Falling Down from HMV too. Completely forgot that I didn't own it already! Just watch the 4K get announced any minute now...

Falling Down is one of the most watched discs in my collection. It's a really good transfer as well, considering its age.

So on Friday, I get a despatch notification for ONE COPY of the WW Titan steel; an Onward Steel; a Parasite Steel and my Jaws collectors edition.

Today I receive....:thumbsdow

View attachment 1310189

thats gutting for you. It’s lovely right enough but that’s really not on

You have to wonder how it’s possible to actually make a mistake like this.

Totally.
Looks like I’m about to find out how ‘smoothly’ Zavvi’s returns policy is... :rolleyes:

thats gutting for you. It’s lovely right enough but that’s really not on

No, you’re right, it’s not.

More to the point. Some bugger probably has my Jaws steel instead...:blush::D

Love both of these, but what is up with The Lost Boys cover art?! Somebody really signed off on that?! I'm a big fan of the fantastic original poster art. Why not just use that?

@Drax1

The cover sleeve itself is better. :D
90B0DEDE-EDA0-4CC2-9BE9-1A2D7CF0CCCA.jpeg

E0CDEA03-D65C-4962-BCDD-4AAAE1F0BF30.jpeg

He’s made his fair share of dodgy films but still a viable action lead.

The Crimson Tide-lite Hunter Killer is actually very good - one of the best of his recent stuff (granted that doesn’t take a lot of effort).

I’ve not seen Den of Thieves yet but it was only a fiver from Zoom and £3.50 to rent from Amazon Prime, so an easy decision.

Early evening arrival :D

88FECA83-87BB-42C7-AF4F-4223715AED80.jpeg

FF3764BC-363F-46DE-A769-1E4FADF8D9FD.jpeg

Der der.......der der der der.......... :smoke:

Latest arrivals :

blus.jpg

Did anyone actually get the set? I wasn't too surprised to receive this.

Dear Brian

We have cancelled your order for Woodfall: A Revolution in British Cinema (8-disc Blu-ray box set) as we are unable to get a firm re-supply date for this product from our suppliers.

Please accept our apologies but we have a policy of not keeping back orders of titles we have no idea when we can supply.

If you have other items on your order these will be unaffected.

Kind regards,

Customer Services

Bri

Now £25.09 at Base and Amazon if you're interested in trying again! :)

Today’s (unexpected) arrival.

Attachments

• A8AB493F-FA1F-4C40-84EB-402CAEEC0D0E.jpeg
    A8AB493F-FA1F-4C40-84EB-402CAEEC0D0E.jpeg
    572.5 KB · Views: 50
Still waiting for my jaws 4k, but i
20200602_175416.jpg
20200602_175411.jpg
did recieve my second ever AVF win, and I'm back in the plex :clap: :clap: :clap: :beer:

44AFE114-8510-496F-8534-148D2B310A36.jpeg

Bought these from our forums classifieds.

Baz Lurhmann’s Romeo & Juliet - purists might say it’s Shakespeare for the MTV generation but it is a stunning assault on the senses. Lurhmann utilises pop songs (tailored perfectly for the scenes they appear in) as effectively as Tarantino, and the orchestral score is aptly heartbreaking.

Stand By Me - speaks for itself and long overdue for a rewatch.

I’ve not seen Hell or High Water or Logan’s Run - the presence of Jenny Agutter influenced me to seek it out. ;)

Also (off camera) bought GITS (SJ version) in addition to the disc only Mummy 1-3/Scorpion King

View attachment 1311095

Bought these from our forums classifieds.

Baz Lurhmann’s Romeo & Juliet - purists might say it’s Shakespeare for the MTV generation but it is a stunning assault on the senses. Lurhmann utilises pop songs (tailored perfectly for the scenes they appear in) as effectively as Tarantino, and the orchestral score is aptly heartbreaking.

Stand By Me - speaks for itself and long overdue for a rewatch.

I’ve not seen Hell or High Water or Logan’s Run - the presence of Jenny Agutter influenced me to seek it out. ;)

Also (off camera) bought GITS (SJ version) in addition to the disc only Mummy 1-3/Scorpion King
Really enjoyed hell or high water, watched it a couple of times.

Second win?! I have never won anything here :(
Thats usually me, i never win anything i eneter, I'm gobsmacked i did lol....in the words of martin Lawrence in bad boys, " I wanna be i wanna be like miiikkkkeeemag and win a beast of a subwoofer. :clap:

20200603_133851.jpg
20200603_133858.jpg

Got to hand it to HMV, the Blu-Rays are always well packaged and zero damage to them when they arrive.

I can't wait to watch this tonight.

“What are you?, some kind of half-assed astronaut?”

Last edited:
Popped though the door this, looking for how it opens and leave the most of the shrink wrap on as protection.
1.jpg
2.jpg

IMG_20200603_142010.jpg

My copy from Zoom getting a miffed with them now never had a slipover off them with any film I've got from them might have to stop using them as I like a good slip

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom