What would i need i'm working with a Monitor Dual-link DVI port.

SkyHammer67117

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help me, I have a monitor with the title mentioned displayport, However i want to keep a hold off my ps4 and wanted to get rid of my TV is there anything that i can purchase that with help me connect the ps4 so it can display the ps4

DisplayPort is a video transmission standard in itself (a successor to DVI), so mentioning it like that is confusing.

I seem to remember the PS4 doesn't output at anything between 1920x1080 and 3840x2160 so the dual link aspect is irrelevant - the extra dual-link pins were for resolutions above 1920x1200 up to double the bandwidth - just over 2560x1600.

HDMI was built off DVI so they share much of the same protocols and a passive HDMI to DVI cable may work - especially if the screen post-dates HDMI and knows how to handle the slightly different timings of TV resolutions.

If not you'll need an active adapter that converts the signal rather than just changes the plug. They're one way devices given as source to display so you want HDMI to DVI. DVI to HDMI won't work.

DisplayPort is a video transmission standard in itself (a successor to DVI), so mentioning it like that is confusing.

I seem to remember the PS4 doesn't output at anything between 1920x1080 and 3840x2160 so the dual link aspect is irrelevant - the extra dual-link pins were for resolutions above 1920x1200 up to double the bandwidth - just over 2560x1600.

HDMI was built off DVI so they share much of the same protocols and a passive HDMI to DVI cable may work - especially if the screen post-dates HDMI and knows how to handle the slightly different timings of TV resolutions.

If not you'll need an active adapter that converts the signal rather than just changes the plug. They're one way devices given as source to display so you want HDMI to DVI. DVI to HDMI won't work.

I want to go HDMI to DVI

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom