Question What's happened to the Q900T and Q950T Samsung soundbars?

Can you verify if you hook up the Xbox through the soundbar do you still get vrr and all just trying to figure out if the new systems will be able to pass through the bar but I can’t find any info on Samsung’s website
Yes the bar passes vrr and all:thumbsup:

All else being equal how is the atmos bubble on the Q950T vs the Q90R for anyone who's owned it? I've heard the Q90R is pretty much an excellent bar across the board, but the atmos effect leaves something to be desired. Is the Q950T a significant improvement in this area?

Pretty sure it will be a great Bar like the SN11 , Q90R , JBL and Arc , I can't say it's expensive as my Arc Bundle without discount is a lot for sure but I can't see it being £600 better than ypu can get the Q90 but let's see .

Pretty sure it will be a great Bar like the SN11 , Q90R , JBL and Arc , I can't say it's expensive as my Arc Bundle without discount is a lot for sure but I can't see it being £600 better than ypu can get the Q90 but let's see .

What was the price of the Q90R when it first got released?

Been looking at this, as well as the SN11, Arc.
Not gonna lie. Set my heart on this now so hoping fora favourable review. 🙏🏻

Found this to be a good read

Appreciate it’s a comparison between the LG and Q90r. But thought it was a good pointer for people based on their requirements of the system.
And if the Q950t is at least on par to the Q90r, then a decent highlight of the pros, cons and quirks of each brand. :)

Been looking at this, as well as the SN11, Arc.
Not gonna lie. Set my heart on this now so hoping fora favourable review. 🙏🏻

I would check the forums for the ARC before considering. Lots of issues where the arc just disconnects and the TV switches to internal speakers. I found this out as I had it and it did it at least twice a day. Really annoying when trying to watch a movie. The complaints were really racking up and suddenly the ARC went on backorder....

I would check the forums for the ARC before considering. Lots of issues where the arc just disconnects and the TV switches to internal speakers. I found this out as I had it and it did it at least twice a day. Really annoying when trying to watch a movie. The complaints were really racking up and suddenly the ARC went on backorder....

yeah lol. Been following various threads on the Sonos forums regarding metallic treble and muddy bass. Coupled with no DTS due to lpcm update not forthcoming. Sort of wrote that one off. :)

LG from a cost point was nearly purchased with the currys discount. But Samsung reviews as better balanced for all viewing, where the LG excels with movies (Atmos especially).

So the Q950 is my fingers crossed bar.

After 24 hours, pretty happy with it thus far. Especially after getting it for $800 off list price!!

After 24 hours, pretty happy with it thus far. Especially after getting it for $800 off list price!!

How does it compare with your earlier LG Soundbar w.r.t to Atmos performance, and general sound quality overall? Do you find it to be an upgrade to LG/Q90R?

The one thing lacking still seems to be the ability to automatically calibrate the room.

This one was pretty disappointing! They said "review", but it was more like an intro. I think they are not going to be ready with a review till the end of this month. Anyway, my Soundbar should get delivered anytime now!

I totally agree, it was such a waste of time

Anyone who speaks the language who can advise what are his final thoughts please?

I was trying to google translate some comments and found this ..

"I used the Q90R before, but I regretted it when I bought the Q950T in order to upgrade. The sound was lost to the Q90R. The weight of the net soundber is twice the weight of the Q90R. The sound is louder than it. Our Harman Kardon manufacturing points are all have difference"

"Does the Q950T really talk about it? I thought that more speakers would just sound good"

"Gan it is the worst in my series, compared to Q90R, the speaker system on the ber has a few more Q90R but the particles are all smaller than Q90R, so what do you say..."

Whatever that means!

I owned the Q950T a week before returning it today. I’m going to do an unbiased review about what I liked and what I didn’t coming from an N950

PROS: The biggest change I noticed with this soundbar compared to the N950 was how deep the bass goes. I was very impressed by the new subwoofer which seems to be a big upgrade from the N950’s sub.It was punchier and definitely handled a higher range of frequency.

Another thing that impressed me was the additional 2 surround speakers on the soundbar, this had a more convincing “sound bubble” effect than the N950 did.

the soundbars slim profile and design looks very stylish but I have some reservations about it which I will discuss below

CONS: The worst part about this soundbar isnt even related to sound quality, its design issues. I found it very annoying having the LED display on the top of the soundbar as opposed to the front. You dont know what sound mode you’re in, what decoding source is playing, what input you’re on or what volume the soundbar is without either standing up and checking the display on the top or using the horribly designed smartthings app to check. This might not sound like a big deal but in practice its a major pain and headache.

The sound overall doesn’t sound as clear as the N950, things sound slightly more muffled, primarily voices. This is a big drawback because I loved how well the N950 could handle voices and how clear everything sounded. I’m not sure if the Q950T has 32 bit HD audio upscaling because it’s not mentioned anywhere and I’m wondering if the N950 sounds clearer because of its 32 bit HD audio upscaling possibly or if its because Harman Kardon worked on the N950 but not the 950T. The upfiring atmos speakers also aren’t very convincing and sound slightly worse than on the N950.

The build quality isn’t as go as the N950. Touching the top of the soundbar can make audible creaks and cracks due to the material under the fabric being plastic, the N950 had no such problem as it is all metal at the top. Speaking of the fabric, it is very diffcuilt to clean and there were a few loose stitches after only a few days of use which makes me question what this would look like after a year or two.

and the last problem I had with the soundbar was connection issues. Multiple times the soundbar had stopped playing what it was supposed and was instead replaced with a loud static sound that sounded like a lawn mower, this would persist until I reset the soundbar. This soundbar also has drop outs over eARC/ARC and the eARC implementation seems half baked as I couldn’t under any circumstances get lossless atmos or DTS:X to play via eARC on an xbox one x. This would only work if The xbox was plugged directly into the soundbar which destroys the purpose of this soundbar having eARC for me! I’m not sure how many of these connection issues could be fixed in firmware updates but at this point in time its pretty bad.

I ended up returning the soundbar today for the cons I have listed and will continue to use my N950 until I decide what to get next. Overall I see this soundbar as less of an upgrade and more of a side step to samsungs previous flagship soundbars, but as it stands, the overall sound quality appears to be better on my N950 and the only things I’m really missing from the q950T at the moment is the better bass response, slim profile and more convincing surround sound effects.

Last edited:
I have had it for only a few hours, overall not too shabby but for the hefty price, couple issues here:

- As Elliot pointed out, the display is f **** up. There is no way to see a number for volume! How crazy is that?
- The voice indeed seems muffled. The dialogs were not very clear. I am using the 'Adaptive' mode.
- I have not had any disconnect issues, but twice, when I muted volume, one of the rear speakers was still producing sound and was not muted

Overall, does not seem to be worth its market price (I got it for a lot less, but still...).... I will continue to explore further.

Compared to my older Nakamichi, I think I still like this better!

Last edited:
I owned the Q950T a week before returning it today. I’m going to do an unbiased review about what I liked and what I didn’t coming from an N950

PROS: The biggest change I noticed with this soundbar compared to the N950 was how deep the bass goes. I was very impressed by the new subwoofer which seems to be a big upgrade from the N950’s sub.It was punchier and definitely handled a higher range of frequency.

Another thing that impressed me was the additional 2 surround speakers on the soundbar, this had a more convincing “sound bubble” effect than the N950 did.

the soundbars slim profile and design looks very stylish but I have some reservations about it which I will discuss below

CONS: The worst part about this soundbar isnt even related to sound quality, its design issues. I found it very annouing having the LED display on the top of the soundbar as opposed to the front. You dont know what sound mode you’re in, what decoding source is playing, what input you’re on or what volume the soundbar is without either standing up and checking the display on the top or using the horribly designed smartthings app to check. This might not sound like a big deal but in practice its a major pain and headache.

The sound overall doesn’t sound as clear as the N950, things sound slightly more muffled, primarily voices. This is a big drawback because I loved how well the N950 could handle voices and how clear everything sounded. I’m not sure if the Q950T has 32 bit HD audio upscaling because it’s not mentioned anywhere and I’m wondering if the N950 sounds clearer because of its 32 bit HD audio upscaling possibly or if its because Harman Kardon worked on the N950 but not the 950T. The upfiring atmos speakers also aren’t very convincing and sound slightly worse than on the N950.

The build quality isn’t as go as the N950. Touching the top of the soundbar can make audible creaks and cracks due to the material under the fabric being plastic, the N950 had no such problem as it is all metal at the top. Speaking of the fabric, it is very diffcuilt to clean and there were a few loose stitches after only a few days of use which makes me question what this would look like after a year or two.

and the last problem I had with the soundbar was connection issues. Multiple times the soundbar had stopped playing what it was supposed and was instead replaced with a loud static sound that sounded like a lawn mower, this would persist until I reset the soundbar. This soundbar also has drop outs over eARC/ARC and the eARC implementation seems half baked as I couldn’t under any circumstances get lossless atmos or DTS:X to play via eARC on an xbox one x. This would only work if The xbox was plugged directly into the soundbar which destroys the purpose of this soundbar having eARC for me! I’m not sure how many of these connection issues could be fixed in firmware updates but at this point in time its pretty bad.

I ended up returning the soundbar today for the cons I have listed and will continue to use my N950 until I decide what to get next. Overall I see this soundbar as less of an upgrade and more of a side step to samsungs previous flagship soundbars, but as it stands, the overall sound quality appears to be better on my N950 and the only thing I’m really missing from the q950T at the moment is the better bass response, slim profile and more convincing surround sound effects.
I suspect the muffled voices is due to driver size. Since it’s shorter than the q90r, the only way they could add 3 drivers was to reduce driver size. Did you try a different soundbar after returning the q950t?

I suspect the muffled voices is due to driver size. Since it’s shorter than the q90r, the only way they could add 3 drivers was to reduce driver size. Did you try a different soundbar after returning the q950t?
I haven’t tried a different one yet, I’m thinking of either giving the Sonos Arc a go or just going all out and getting a klipsch 3.1 system

Construction quality on the main soundbar is very important. Many Ambeo owners reported creaking sounds due to poor build quality despite it looking like a tank.

Hey guys, got my Q900T today and love it so far. Question, how do you get the bar to show you what content is being played? I have Kodi set to passthrough, just need to be sure it's coming through as Atmos or DTS:X on the bar itself

Nevermind guys, I realised that it only flashes up once at the start. Can confirm I see Atmos and DTS:X !

Is the Q950T out in the UK yet?

I got a Q80T about 3 weeks ago and looking forward to hooking it up to a Q950T!
It doesn't look like it - just put this down to the fact that the Samsung UK website is not yet showing the Q900T or Q950T

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom