Question What's happened to the Q900T and Q950T Samsung soundbars?

That’s what I gathered. The first one seemed a bit more detailed. The second one seems a little louder and distorted, and not quite as clear. I’m also listening on a phone at the moment, so I’m not really getting an accurate representation of the video either
The first is the Q90R the second is the Q950T. I think the second sounded crisper and had more bass. I was listening with my Galaxy Earbuds and I deffinetly noticed the second sounding a lot more fuller.

Can't wait to see these up
IMG_20200725_140013.jpg

First impressions... The display being on top is such a PITA. Quite annoying. Especially when there are 3 status leds on the front of the bar that light up in sequence when using the remote! Really Samsung?
At low volumes the bass is only slightly audible but start turning the volume up and it gets quite noticeable and crisp/punchy. I am very pleased with it! I'll leave a proper review to someone else who knows more about this stuff than I do. Very pleased with purchase so far though!

First impressions... The display being on top is such a PITA. Quite annoying. Especially when there are 3 status leds on the front of the bar that light up in sequence when using the remote! Really Samsung?
At low volumes the bass is only slightly audible but start turning the volume up and it gets quite noticeable and crisp/punchy. I am very pleased with it! I'll leave a proper review to someone else who knows more about this stuff than I do. Very pleased with purchase so far though!
I'm glad the sub has some punch 👊
Samsung should have found a way to display the sound mode on the TV. Especially if you pair it with a Samsung TV. How handy is the app? Could that show what sound is being output? Who's bright idea to put the display at the top. Geez.

I'm glad the sub has some punch 👊
Samsung should have found a way to display the sound mode on the TV. Especially if you pair it with a Samsung TV. How handy is the app? Could that show what sound is being output? Who's bright idea to put the display at the top. Geez.
Didn't test it with the q80t tv. Tv won't fit in the space we have in this house so will have to wait till we move next month.
SmartThings app lets you change all the settings, swap inputs etc, but nothing to suggest what codecs etc are in use. Also only streaming with Spotify and Netflix through Chromecast currently.

If the video is recorded the right way, and volume level is the same, i think the sound quality difference is becoming more clear. The q950t is much crisper and got more details

Sorry If I sound rude but if you are going to judge sound quality based on a YouTube video clip then you have to clearly head back to the drawing board. It's not like song being played and you are listening to the same song on 2 different sound systems in YOUR possession.

Sorry If I sound rude but if you are going to judge sound quality based on a YouTube video clip then you have to clearly head back to the drawing board. It's not like song being played and you are listening to the same song on 2 different sound systems in YOUR possession.
I totally agree with you, but thats all what we have so far until the official reviews start coming out

Congrats!!! Will appreciate some pictures Of the fabric and/or sound clips if possible

also, how do you like the fabric so far? Does it feel or look cheap compared to the metal found in the Q90R and other systems?

"Thanks for ordering “SAMSUNG - HW-Q950T/XY” through JB Hi-Fi Online.

The suppliers have contacted us in regards to this item and unfortunately they have advised that there will be a delay in receiving stock to fulfil your order.
We are expecting stock to arrive Early August and will dispatch your order as a matter of priority once it has been received. Please note that this date may be subject to change."

Well thats disappointing

Please can anyone who has bought a Q950T soundbar measure how high the soundbar itself is? The reason I ask is because the height of my current Samsung one is less than it says in the manual, and I want to see if it will fit in the space I have. Thanks!

Le
Please can anyone who has bought a Q950T soundbar measure how high the soundbar itself is? The reason I ask is because the height of my current Samsung one is less than it says in the manual, and I want to see if it will fit in the space I have. Thanks!
Less than 70 high 1230 wide 140 deep

Yes, but the spec sheet for my current one says it's higher than it actually is, so I was wondering if anyone could measure it in reality

Looking forward to the opinions and feedback of the good people of these forums. As I know a few of you looking to buy this, have also owned or trialled the likes of the Q90R, Sonos Arc and
LG SN11.
And I’ve googled, debated and sat on the fence for an eternity now lol, whilst looking for a new bar. 😁

I bought the Q900T today at Harvey Norman for $1250 after some negotiating and the old "I'll have to go ask the boss" trick. I've just got it installed with my LG 65GX and can confirm that it does do Dolby Vision passthrough; AppleTV shows DV in settings, and TV confirms it in the top corner when you start a movie. I can't really comment on the sound yet, but so far so good. Smartthings app seems flakey.

Available for purchase in US, ships by August 10th

it used to be August 10th, yesterday it shifted to August 11th, and today it shifted to August 12th. That means:
1- There is a very high demand
2- Or they have very very limited stock
3- Or most probably, from what we have seen in countries that had July launch dates, Samsung shifted the release date at the last minute stating that the shipments didn't arrive yet and only handful of sets were sold on launch date.

it used to be August 10th, yesterday it shifted to August 11th, and today it shifted to August 12th. That means:
3- Or most probably, from what we have seen in countries that had July launch dates, Samsung shifted the release date at the last minute stating that the shipments didn't arrive yet and only handful of sets were sold on launch date.
Yeah, 3 seems the most probable to me too. The few user reviews I’ve seen seem positive, but I really want to know how it stacks up against the q90r. I’m having a tough time gauging how much interest there is. It seems prices have fallen a little already in places with July release dates.

Now it’s pushed to 8/13 on the Samsung site. It can be preordered through a few other sites now too, but they’re date ranges are fluctuating now too. Best Buy has the hw-q900t available for next day, so I guess they have a shipment in. The date has also changed to 8/13 for the q900t on the Samsung site so I’m not quite sure what’s going on

Now it’s pushed to 8/13 on the Samsung site. It can be preordered through a few other sites now too, but they’re date ranges are fluctuating now too. Best Buy has the hw-q900t available for next day, so I guess they have a shipment in. The date has also changed to 8/13 for the q900t on the Samsung site so I’m not quite sure what’s going on

Then most likely there is a production lag due to COVID-19 and the number of available units worldwide isn’t much. Will see what happens next

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom