Question What's happened to the Q900T and Q950T Samsung soundbars?

That looks correct so you should try turning the eArc setting to off and waiting until the soundbar displays Arc instead.
Then toggle it back on so it says eArc.
You should now find that it does the DTSX and that the lip sync on Atmos and Dolby Digital is now resolved.
No change unfortunately. Soundbar wont come up with a DTSX logo and TV shows just DTS.
Lag still there. Its ok i just plug it straight to the SB

This thread is my exact issue

Attachments

• 20200805_160939.jpg
    20200805_160939.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 98
No change unfortunately. Soundbar wont come up with a DTSX logo and TV shows just DTS.
Lag still there. Its ok i just plug it straight to the SB

This thread is my exact issue
Can't understand this as my B9 has passed DTSX consistently.

The soundbar says DTSX when it is supposed to, then it says DTS when it gets normal DTS.

The TV will only even display that it plays DTS as it cannot decode DTSX, but it can Pass through to the soundbar to decode.

The Q950t only shows codec when using DTSX or Atmos. Doesn't say anything for other formats unfortunately

The Q950t only shows codec when using DTSX or Atmos. Doesn't say anything for other formats unfortunately
When you go into the Additional Settings menu within the sound menu, can you select the AV sync option or is it greyed out (when on a source connected through HDMI, not an internal app)?
If eArc is correctly working it should be greyed out.

Attachments

• IMG20200805081621.jpg
    IMG20200805081621.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 103
Not greyed out. Have tried the hdmi cable that came with the sound bar and no diff. From what ive read it should only be greyed out when a hdmi 2.1 source is connected. Xbox only 2.0

Not greyed out. Have tried the hdmi cable that came with the sound bar and no diff. From what ive read it should only be greyed out when a hdmi 2.1 source is connected. Xbox only 2.0
brand-dark.svg
About
Seems like a problem with your TV.
Should be greyed out when eArc is used, not just on 2.1 sources. It's greyed out on my set top box, Xbox One X, UHD DVD player and Google Chromecast (Stadia).

Last edited:
Hi all,

long story short I’ve owned the Q90R soundbar, currently own the SN11RG soundbar (being retuned on Friday) and I’m now looking at the Q905T soundbar.
Both soundbars mentioned above are really good but both are plagued with bugs that make them not so good.

for those of you who own the new Q950T what’s it’s sound really like? Are the rears a big step up from the Q90R? Does it have connection issues and is it really ‘true’ 9.1.4? Also how quality is the fabric wrapping of the soundbar and rears and this apparent screen that is on top of the soundbar?

I still get auto game mode(all), vrr and dolbyvision/hdr with xbox plugged into soundbar. The big question is will i get 4k 120hz with the new xbox seX. My earc hdmi cable is 2.1 so guess ill find out in a few months whether the soundbar hdmi ports are 2.1 or not
This is great news for gaming. What cables do you use I have mine on order and I’m pairing it with a 90t which should give even better sound because of the orchestra link with the tv. I’m so pumped about this I hope everything works out well. Ps5 with this sound bar and the new tv with hdmi 2.1 will be epic.

A night mode or a way to turn on DRC would be nice at night though.

I thought the Samsung's have something called Adaptive Sound which is supposed to a similar thing or is that wrong?

I need some kind of night mode so this will rule this model out if adaptive sound doesn't do a similar thing.

Do we have any news on the UK release date of the Q950T?
I heard the week beginning the 10th August but given the fact that it’s not even in the UK Samsung website yet and the delays people are reporting in other countries I suspect it will be later than this date.

I've been told it's launched in the UK on the 10th by 2 different retailers, but neither of them could give a firm price on the bar as yet.
Seems like the placeholder is £1599 but hopefully this will drop.

An actual unboxing and test video! Good on him!

He did a sound test and commented on how he thought it stacked up to the q90r. Seems fairly knowledgeable and Answered some questions I had.

Last edited:
this is what I thought, youtube cannot process atmos so it’s a pointless demo.
Yeah, I didn't care about that. What stuck out to me was he talked about the center channel being a little muddy compared to the Q90R. I'm still not sure its worth the extra $800

Yeah, I didn't care about that. What stuck out to me was he talked about the center channel being a little muddy compared to the Q90R. I'm still not sure its worth the extra $800
I too thought about this when he said about the centre channels. As he said though I hope a firmware update fixes it. As when it releases it’s not going to be the cheapest. So it needs to be bloody good

Maybe the extra two speakers for surround and Atmos effect is now overpowering the centre channel and therefore not well balanced compared to the Q90r, did he mention anything about the rears?

Maybe the extra two speakers for surround and Atmos effect is now overpowering the centre channel and therefore not well balanced compared to the Q90r, did he mention anything about the rears?
I want to know about the rear speakers too, when I had the Q90R the rears were so quiet and lacked impact. I hope they have sorted them out on the Q950. after having the SN11 too, their rear speakers were actually quite good. Richersounds also pointed out to me that, they also hope the rears and sub are connected via wifi like the SN11 as this would minimise disconnection. I remember the Q90R did this a lot and was so frustrating.

Btw the guy who posted the videos is answering questions on reddit in these 2 threads:

I want to know about the rear speakers too, when I had the Q90R the rears were so quiet and lacked impact. I hope they have sorted them out on the Q950. after having the SN11 too, their rear speakers were actually quite good. Richersounds also pointed out to me that, they also hope the rears and sub are connected via wifi like the SN11 as this would minimise disconnection. I remember the Q90R did this a lot and was so frustrating.

Is this still a problem with the Q90R disconnecting?

Is this still a problem with the Q90R disconnecting?
I don’t know as I don’t own a Q90R anymore, I sold it and got the SN11 which is also being collected today. Don’t get me wrong the SN11 is good but it is also plagued with bugs. Sometimes I was watching a series and one episode it would work fine and full the room with sound, then I’d watch another episode and it was like half the speakers weren’t engaging and would sound quiet and I’d have to turn it up. Other times the soundbar couldn’t be found by the LG app, and on top of that sometimes sound wouldn’t come out at all.

I originally got rid of my Q90R as when I first bought it Samsung told me it had earc. It never did, after numerous petitions and chats along with failed dates that would bring eARC i gave up and sold it. Then a few months ago it got the eARC update.

im going to give the Q950T a go when it comes out, at least then I can give it a proper comparison to the Q90 and the LG SN11 and see which one comes out on top.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom