Question What's happened to the Q900T and Q950T Samsung soundbars?

namso

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard what's happened to the Q900T and Q950T Samsung soundbars which were originally talked about? I see in the latest Samsung release they mention the Q800T which is on sale but seems the talk on the Q900T and Q950T seems to have gone silent. Anyone got any news on these? I'd like to buy thr Q900T but might have to go for the Q800T if it's not being released.

Thank you. Then I have to decide if I should wait for the q900t🤔

I am intrigued by the Q900T.. 7.1.2 channels in just a soundbar and sub. For me the preference wouldn't be to have wireless surrounds, but the front runners at this stage for my soundbar purchase this year are the JBL Bar 9.1 and the SN11RG from LG. Think I will hold off and wait for the Q900T to make that the 3rd option.

I am intrigued by the Q900T.. 7.1.2 channels in just a soundbar and sub. For me the preference wouldn't be to have wireless surrounds, but the front runners at this stage for my soundbar purchase this year are the JBL Bar 9.1 and the SN11RG from LG. Think I will hold off and wait for the Q900T to make that the 3rd option.
The q800t is 3.1.2 but becomes 5.1.2 with wireless rear surround speakers. I presumed that the q900t would come packed with the rear wireless surrounds just like the q90r is prepacked with them.

Just received word today that Samsung are looking to begin taking orders for the Q950T and Q900T on 20th July here in Australia. I assume this will be the same date or sooner for Asia and North America.

No new details on specs but expect both top end models to ship with wireless rear speakers equipped with upward facing drivers to complete the full Atmos environment, this combined with a T model Samsung QLED's Q Symphony will be a real treat.

Difference between the Q900T and Q950T will probably be end drivers on the soundbar units and hopefully an extra HDMI port. Fingers crossed for 3 HDMI ports, all equipped with eARC and 4K @ 60Hz pass through. It's what we deserve. You can find the price list on Digital Trends.

Also the rear speakers that you can buy separately are not the ones equipped with upward facing drivers like we have on the Q90R. If you want rear speakers wait for the Q900T or Q950T as you'll get better rear speakers with full Atmos support and integration with your soundbar base.

Thanks Kobayashi, did they give any indication on RRP's?

Here's where I was under the impression that the 950T had the wireless speakers and the 900T didn't. Taken from a news site that I won't link to as I am not sure of the policy around outbound links here:

Lineup-wise, the flagship this year is the Q950T (yup, the soundbars use the same naming scheme as the QLED TVs), which is a 9.1.4-channel setup with bundled wireless rear speakers and a new 8-inch wireless subwoofer.

A step down is the Q900T, which is a 7.1.2-channel system that also uses the new 8-inch wireless subwoofer. Like the Q950T, it has up- and side-firing speakers and support Dolby Atmos and DTS:X object-based surround sound.

Has the Lg Sn11 soundbar didn't work out for me, i'am now waiting for release of theese, hopefully earc works flawlessly and they are less buggy then previous Samsung soundbars.

Thanks Kobayashi, did they give any indication on RRP's?

Here's where I was under the impression that the 950T had the wireless speakers and the 900T didn't.

From what I've heard as well as the DT article that had some very bare bones info on the 950/900 we are looking at $1800 US for the 950 and $1300 US for the 900. This will probably closely translate regardless of exchange rate which we saw with the SN11RG. It was released at $1700 in the US and retails for $1700 here in Australia. Where if you applied the exchange rate it should be a lot more. In the UK I would expect a £1300-1500 price tag for the Q950T and £900-1100 for the Q900T.

I believe the 900T will have rear speakers to set it apart from the 800T. I think you will see the difference between the 900 and 950 in the soundbar itself. The 950 will be equipped with a setup to give you enhanced IMAX audio which is pretty intriguing regardless of the limited source material because it will be more than just IMAX content that benefits.

Expect the HW-Q900T to be a HW-Q800T + the rear speakers from the Q90R (Obviously upgraded for this year, not the exact Q90R rear speakers but rear speakers with upward facing drivers developed for this year's soundbars).

Expect the Q950T to be a complete step up. More drivers on the base soundbar including side facing + more power as well as including the same rear speakers as the Q900T but a fuller and more immersive experience, definitely equipped for a larger theatre room or open plan living area that wouldn't benefit from the Q800T's beam technology bouncing off an enclosed space as much.

I believe the Q950T will include both upward facing drivers on the soundbar as well as their proprietary acoustic beam to help fill out the height (more than likely as it is being touted as a 9.1.4 system, "4" being your height channels.

Bottom line if you have a new 2020 Samsung QLED, you should not be looking at anything less than the HW-Q800T because in all honesty I was VERY impressed when I unboxed my 85 inch Q80T and heard the sound just while doing the initial setup. They are equipped with some really well thought out audio. Object tracking, adaptive settings and so on.

So Q-symphony will be a feature worth it's weight in gold, especially on the Q900T. If Samsung are looking after their consumers they are putting the "2" in 7.1.2 on the rear speakers because then when you hook up Q-Symphony you turn it into 7.1.4... That's pretty cool for a $1300 soundbar.

Run a Q950T through Q-symphony and you have yourself an 11.1.6 System. 9.1.4 does not include Q Symphony because they are advertising it as a 9.1.4 system regardless of television. No asterix.

This soundbar will give you a good 10 years. Wait another month and get the one you know you'll be happy with. Don't settle. I know I will be.

I have a feeling the q900t won’t be bundled with rear speakers but the q950t will be. I pulled this off the Samsung USA website:

If you really want a soundbar with a subwoofer or wireless speakers (or both), here are some great models you should check out.

Wireless speakers and a subwoofer
  • HW-Q90R Soundbar with Dolby Atmos
  • HW-N950 Soundbar with Dolby Atmos
  • HW-Q950T Soundbar with Dolby Atmos
  • HW-T650 Soundbar
  • HW-T550 Soundbar
  • HW-T450 Soundbar
  • HW-T420 Soundbar

Just a subwoofer
    • HW-Q80 Soundbar with Dolby Atmos
    • HW-Q70R Soundbar with Dolby Atmos
    • HW-Q60R Soundbar with Samsung Acoustic Beam
    • HW-Q900T Soundbar with Dolby Atmos
    • HW-Q800T Soundbar with Dolby Atmos
    • HW-Q70T Soundbar with Dolby Atmos
    • HW-Q60T Soundbar
    • HW-T400 Soundbar

Cheers namso, was inline with my thinking. Really keen to get ears on the Q900T, it's the front runner for me (on paper at least!)

Sadly only mentioning HDR10+ for passthrough. Full HDMI 2.1 passthrough capabilities would be nice ... HDR10+, Dolby Vision, ...

Sadly only mentioning HDR10+ for passthrough. Full HDMI 2.1 passthrough capabilities would be nice ... HDR10+, Dolby Vision, ...

Same thing with q90r, supposed to be only HDR10+ but it does allows DV passthrough via HDMI.

---
After returning my Q90r I finally got the LG SN11RG, so far I'm disappointed about the bass. Everything else is powerful and crystal clear but the damn bass is weak as. Prob I'll return it and get the new sammy

I have the Samsung Q90T 65" and just added the HW-800T sound bar. Also added rear speakers, 8500S I believe. Sound is quite good. However, I would luv to be able to add up-firing rear speakers. Does anyone know if the up-firing rear speakers being offered with the other bars would/might work with the 800-T? Any technical reason why they would not?

I have the Samsung Q90T 65" and just added the HW-800T sound bar. Also added rear speakers, 8500S I believe. Sound is quite good. However, I would luv to be able to add up-firing rear speakers. Does anyone know if the up-firing rear speakers being offered with the other bars would/might work with the 800-T? Any technical reason why they would not?

I don't believe the rear speakers with upward firing drivers are being sold separately. I may be wrong but as far as I can see they are only being offered in the package(s)

I don't believe the rear speakers with upward firing drivers are being sold separately. I may be wrong but as far as I can see they are only being offered in the package(s)

Thanks for the reply. I Iistened to part of the Mummy, the one with Tom Cruz - sound of Q90T with HW-800T really is amazing. Getting it set up better as time goes on and I am really enjoying it.

Anyone knows dimensions of this soundbar?

Anyone knows dimensions of this soundbar?
I'm not sure, but I think it's the size of the q90r or smaller. I've seen a few things about reduced footprint, which makes me think it'll be smaller.

1232 x 69.5 x 138.0 mm

Last edited:
There are specs for the bar at the bottom of the link provded (size and weight as well). Cick on the link above and scroll all the way down the page (it goes on for a bit)

Yep. Found it.

Samsung Q950TS (So this has 2 additional speakers on the front corners).
  • Dimension
    • Net Dimension (Main Speaker) (WxHxD) 1232 x 69.5 x 138.0 mm
    • Net Dimension (Rear Speaker) (WxHxD) 120.0 * 210.0 *141.0 mm
    • Net Dimension (Sub Woofer) (WxHxD) 210 x 403 x 403 mm
  • Weight
    • Net Weight (Main Speaker) 7.1 kg
    • Net Weight (Rear Speaker) 2.1 kg
    • Net Weight (Sub Woofer) 9.8 kg
Vs.

LG SN11RG
  • Main (W x H x D / mm) 1443 x 63 x 146
  • Rear Speaker (W x H x D / mm) 130 x 211.5 x 191.2
  • Subwoofer (W x H x D / mm) 221.0 x 390.0 x 312.8
  • Main (Net Weight / Kg) 7.2
  • Rear Speaker (Net Weight (Kg) 5.2 (x2ea)
  • Subwoofer (Net Weight (Kg)7.8

It doesn't look like it's going to support dolby vision passthrough, just HDR10+ and regular HDR10. That was one of my sticking points with the q90r. At least it's keeping two HDMI ins

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom