Question What's happened to the Q900T and Q950T Samsung soundbars?

Finally got my Q950T. Coming from a Sam MS750 with the big 10inch sub and rear speaker package.

Im no audiophile but this sounds absolutely amazing in a smallish room. Rear speakers have nice volume unlike my friends Q90R. Sound stage seems nice and wide. Bass basically matches my old big woofer. Atmos i can def tell the diff from my old setup. Happy buyer.

Only negative is the display says Atmos when playing atmos but when playing DTS:X it doesn't say anything so who knows

Finally got my Q950T. Coming from a Sam MS750 with the big 10inch sub and rear speaker package.

Im no audiophile but this sounds absolutely amazing in a smallish room. Rear speakers have nice volume unlike my friends Q90R. Sound stage seems nice and wide. Bass basically matches my old big woofer. Atmos i can def tell the diff from my old setup. Happy buyer.

Only negative is the display says Atmos when playing atmos but when playing DTS:X it doesn't say anything so who knows

Do you know if your friend had the update on the Q90R to improve the rears? Also do you know if he tried increasing the volume on the rears?

Sadly ive got audio lag now when running my Xbox1X through the tv to the sound bar with atmos on. Have had to plug directly to the sound bar. Googling seems like an xbox prob though

Ok turns out DTS:X wont passthrough my LG B9. Shows up dtsx when connected directly to soundbar. Why wont manufacturers just make this shit easy for the consumer

Any other differences you noticed from your friend’s q90r? How is the dialogue and action scenes? Any hollowness? Sorry, you’re the first person with the bar I’ve been able to ask.

Any other differences you noticed from your friend’s q90r? How is the dialogue and action scenes? Any hollowness? Sorry, you’re the first person with the bar I’ve been able to ask.
Was flicking through The Patriot battle scenes before in Atmos and it sounded definitely better than the Q90R. But in saying that, very different size rooms. Can just say it sounds great and im not disappointed

Was flicking through The Patriot battle scenes before in Atmos and it sounded definitely better than the Q90R. But in saying that, very different size rooms. Can just say it sounds great and im not disappointed

How does dialogue sound in Atmos content? How about overall volume level in Atmos content? Thanks.

How does dialogue sound in Atmos content? How about overall volume level in Atmos content? Thanks.
Dialogue sounds greats. Very immersive (small room) and overall volume it pumps. Ive turned the atmos tops up to +3 but im probably gonna turn em back down. The sound bar itself has a really nice wide soundstage. Those new diagonal speakers def work. Again im no expert but im loving the sound :thumbsup:

A night mode or a way to turn on DRC would be nice at night though.

On the US Samsung site. Luckily, I don’t have a cat 😂

Last edited:
Ok turns out DTS:X wont passthrough my LG B9. Shows up dtsx when connected directly to soundbar. Why wont manufacturers just make this sh*t easy for the consumer
Sounds like you haven't got eArc enabled. You need to turn it on and set it to Pass through.
This will then enable DTSX.

That was going to be a question of mine as well. I just ordered the Samsung Q90t 77” and the 950 soundbar my tv is hung from the wall but the biggest question I have is if this tv can pass through dts with earc. I want my ps5 plugged into my hdmi 2.1 and then sound going through earc

That was going to be a question of mine as well. I just ordered the Samsung Q90t 77” and the 950 soundbar my tv is hung from the wall but the biggest question I have is if this tv can pass through dts with earc. I want my ps5 plugged into my hdmi 2.1 and then sound going through earc
If the TV supports eArc then it will pass the DTSX format.

If the TV supports eArc then it will pass the DTSX format.

Think only Sony TVs passthrough DTS via eARC. The rest of the 2020 TVs from big players don't.

My LG B9 passes through DTS and DTSX.

Yes but LG dropped DTS passthrough in 2020 models. Samsung 2019/2020 TVs doesn't pass through DTS via eARC.

It doesn’t make sense that it can’t pass through dts because lossless audio would mean it just passes through the signal to the soundbar it doesn’t have to decode it.

I see this has earc but I wonder if you run-say a new PlayStation through it would you still get all andhdr gaming mode. I don’t know if these ports are true hdmi 2.1 can anyone confirm this aspect.

Do we have any news on the UK release date of the Q950T?

Sounds like you haven't got eArc enabled. You need to turn it on and set it to Pass through.
This will then enable DTSX.
Ive got eARC enabled on the tv and it says eARC on the soundbar display. I did some research and it turns out the LGB9 wont pass through DTSX only DTS. Xbox or Shield plugged directly to the soundbar the DTSX logo comes up on the display.

It doesn’t make sense that it can’t pass through dts because lossless audio would mean it just passes through the signal to the soundbar it doesn’t have to decode it.

I see this has earc but I wonder if you run-say a new PlayStation through it would you still get all andhdr gaming mode. I don’t know if these ports are true hdmi 2.1 can anyone confirm this aspect.
I still get auto game mode(all), vrr and dolbyvision/hdr with xbox plugged into soundbar. The big question is will i get 4k 120hz with the new xbox seX. My earc hdmi cable is 2.1 so guess ill find out in a few months whether the soundbar hdmi ports are 2.1 or not

Last edited:
Ive got eARC enabled on the tv and it says eARC on the soundbar display. I did some research and it turns out the LGB9 wont pass through DTSX only DTS. Xbox or Shield plugged directly to the soundbar the DTSX logo comes up on the display.
I can 100% confirm that the B9 can pass through DTSX as I have one and every soundbar I've owned has allowed the DTSX through eArc.
Just because it says eArc on the display, doesn't mean that you have Passthrough enabled to allow the DTSX.
This would also explain the lip sync issue you had as you are getting a lossy Atmos without Passthrough.

I can help you sort the settings if you like.

Hell if ya can. Ive got everything set right i think

Attachments

• 20200805_155108.jpg
    20200805_155108.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 20200805_155219.jpg
    20200805_155219.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 71
Hell if ya can. Ive got everything set right i think
That looks correct so you should try turning the eArc setting to off and waiting until the soundbar displays Arc instead.
Then toggle it back on so it says eArc.
You should now find that it does the DTSX and that the lip sync on Atmos and Dolby Digital is now resolved.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom