What's New on Amazon Prime Video UK for July 2020 - news discussion

Pretty sure the film listings in the post are actually for US Prime. My Spy, for example, has been on UK Prime for a while now (I watched it on there in mid-May), and I checked a couple of titles that are supposedly now available as part of the subscription - Ali, Hollow Man, Big Fish - and they're all available as rental/purchase only on UK Prime.

Mad Men is (in my humble opinion) the greatest TV show of all time. Wherever you watch it, it's the very definition of essential.

As for the rest, a quick search of a few on Prime came back with them as either unavailable or only to rent/buy. I think the list needed a bit of checking before it was posted.

The ONLY thing there that excites me is the appearance of Roy Scheider's 52 Pick Up. Or it did - having checked Prime, there's no sign of it despite a 1st July date listed. Are you sure on that date Andy?
@Drax1 @PlexShaw @Kotatsu Neko - thanks for your comments regarding the film listings - fair points all round.

Firstly apologies for any regional inaccuracies, I definitely try to make sure the sources used are Amazon Prime Video UK listings but there's a general caveat when the source listings appear they are 'subject to change/territory'. Unfortunately, that means that if one early source/site picks up on incorrect info, everybody else picks up on it too and the inaccuracies are promulgated. Of course, that's no excuse for poor info but the 100 percent accurate UK listings are often extremely hard to track down.

Waiting a bit longer to publish the article so the actual Amazon Prime Video site itself can be checked for a film's Prime Video status is one possibility to improve accuracy but then you've lost AVForums site viewers who are searching for listings info earlier on.

And it could be that these movies are yet to surface on the free Prime Video service and will do so later in the month.

It's not just Amazon Prime Video UK, the same issue exists with the Netflix UK and Disney+ UK listings too and in writing these streaming guides I'm attempting to be as comprehensive as possible but it could be that I'm casting my net too wide and catching stones as well as fish.

There are a couple of options here as I see it:
1/ I can continue to include what my research indicates will be content that is most likely to appear on Prime Video UK and thus at least you've got an idea about what might be of interest. Even if it doesn't appear this month it'll most likely surface at some in the near future and you can be ready for it.

Or...

2/ I can strip away the uncertainty/inaccuracy and concentrate solely on the 'big ticket' new TV shows and movies that are definitely headed for the UK service, which will make for a shorter but more accurate article.

Happy to hear your feedback.

... actually, there's a third option I've just thought of and that's to remove the UK bias from the article and just open it up to US readers and viewers too, then at least it will accurate for some folks!

Last edited:
Pretty sure the film listings in the post are actually for US Prime. My Spy, for example, has been on UK Prime for a while now (I watched it on there in mid-May), and I checked a couple of titles that are supposedly now available as part of the subscription - Ali, Hollow Man, Big Fish - and they're all available as rental/purchase only on UK Prime.

Yep I think this is primarily the US list with some of the UK additions peppered in - it also leaves out 'Knives Out' which is premiering this month too

Their app needs some serious work.
Definitely, especially the smart tv app. I usually find what I want to watch on my phone or tablet then add to it my watchlist. Its so much easier than clunking through the smart tv app.

Also, what is worth a watch is "Rovers" with Craig Cash and Sue Johnston. About a northern lower league football team.

As a prime subscriber we were less than amused when we were on season 5 of elementary when without warning it went from the prime service to a paid service, a bit of notice when something is going to change would be great.

@Drax1 @PlexShaw @Kotatsu Neko - thanks for your comments regarding the film listings - fair points all round.

Firstly apologies for any regional inaccuracies, I definitely try to make sure the sources used are Amazon Prime Video UK listings but there's a general caveat when the source listings appear they are 'subject to change/territory'. Unfortunately, that means that if one early source/site picks up on incorrect info, everybody else picks up on it too and the inaccuracies are promulgated. Of course, that's no excuse for poor info but the 100 percent accurate UK listings are often extremely hard to track down.

Waiting a bit longer to publish the article so the actual Amazon Prime Video site itself can be checked for a film's Prime Video status is one possibility to improve accuracy but then you've lost AVForums site viewers who are searching for listings info earlier on.

And it could be that these movies are yet to surface on the free Prime Video service and will do so later in the month.

It's not just Amazon Prime Video UK, the same issue exists with the Netflix UK and Disney+ UK listings too and in writing these streaming guides I'm attempting to be as comprehensive as possible but it could be that I'm casting my net too wide and catching stones as well as fish.

There are a couple of options here as I see it:
1/ I can continue to include what my research indicates will be content that is most likely to appear on Prime Video UK and thus at least you've got an idea about what might be of interest. Even if it doesn't appear this month it'll most likely surface at some in the near future and you can be ready for it.

Or...

2/ I can strip away the uncertainty/inaccuracy and concentrate solely on the 'big ticket' new TV shows and movies that are definitely headed for the UK service, which will make for a shorter but more accurate article.

Happy to hear your feedback.

... actually, there's a third option I've just thought of and that's to remove the UK bias from the article and just open it up to US readers and viewers too, then at least it will accurate for some folks!
Like the idea of option 2 matey. But that's just me. Not sure what others think?

ARTICLE UPDATED:
Additional movies heading for the Amazon Prime Video UK service in July include Knives Out, Rambo: Last Blood, Midway, Tag, Blade II, The Hangover and Terminator Salvation.
Thanks for everyone's feedback.

@Andy Bassett Last Flag Flying just came to Amazon Prime Germany - I have no idea whether it is available on the UK site as well. I wanted to write a Review as I was very impressed, but it seems you can only post in User Reviews if the Film has already been Reviewed by one of the Forum Staff. Is this correct, or do I miss something?

@Andy Bassett ... Thanks for the listing, please keep them UK-centric. There's nothing worse than looking forward to a show that isn't available.

Option 3 in post #10
Ah, I missed that - yes it would get very messy. Personally, although most of the Movies featured are not available on the German site due to Amazon's ways of rotation, I still really enjoy the list, as it gives me a watch / don't bother list! :)

I see we can have different user profiles on Amazon now, like every other service.

That's exciting.

Apologies if this is old news, only noticed it today.

I see we can have different user profiles on Amazon now, like every other service.

That's exciting.

Apologies if this is old news, only noticed it today.

Looks good up front but again it appears poorly implemented. I can lock down my kid but that then applies to all profiles.... o_O

Maybe I need to take some time and investigate.

Will be watching Knives Out later today. These articles provide more info on what new stuff Amazon Prime Video are showing, than Amazon themselves!

You listed Animal Kingdom Season 4 as being available form 29th July but it's still not available and Amazon UK say they have no idea when it will be.

You listed Animal Kingdom Season 4 as being available form 29th July but it's still not available and Amazon UK say they have no idea when it will be.
Hi drexel75, thanks for the notification. Animal Kingdom season 4 and a few others removed. Article now updated.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom