What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for May 2020 - news discussion

I wish they supplied details of what is in 4K. Prime Video doesn’t automatically give you the 4K version if it exists - it is actually listed separately and you have to manually search for it! This is really annoying and a poor user experience. So many people miss out on 4K content because they don’t know it is there (Netflix will show all resolutions and HDR offering in the same listing)

Top Secret isn't just one of Val Kilmer's best performances, it was his first! He sings, dances, deadpans and lands the gags like a pro – what a talent!

I loved The Final Countdown when I saw it at the cinema as a kid. I thought the line "splash the zeroes" was the second coolest line ever, after Han's "sorry about the mess" in Star Wars. Sadly the latter has been ruined by George Lucas's incessant and unnecessary tinkering, but The Final Countdown remains great fun.

Would have been great if Andy had listed with their available format; 4K HDR or HD. Most of the block buster movies I've seen already back then, but if they're available to watch in 4K, then I'll have another view.

Amazon is notorious in the way they label programmes and Movies, making it difficult to search.

Last edited:
You can keep your new releases; Running Man and Shaolin Kung Fu Mystagogue here I come!

Given Prime/Netflix aren't the most forthcoming/thorough with all with all their releases, I just thought I'd post this link below. Updates daily at 8am with all new additions.

I find these to be an absolute godsend.

Netflix:

Prime:

Hope it's ok to post these links here. Cheers

I wish they supplied details of what is in 4K. Prime Video doesn’t automatically give you the 4K version if it exists - it is actually listed separately and you have to manually search for it! This is really annoying and a poor user experience. So many people miss out on 4K content because they don’t know it is there (Netflix will show all resolutions and HDR offering in the same listing)
I agree I've started to watch a show and stopped it because it wasn't the 4k version. I don't use the TV app for Prime because it doesn't have the more ways to watch option that the 4k firestick has where it has the 1080p and 4k version when you click on to a show.

I might have to check out The Final Countdown.
I have really foggy memories of seeing it as a kid, but thinking it was The Philadelphia Experiment...

Amazon has been told not to release The Last Narc by Uncle Sam. Too much truth to handle I guess...

Great news if Agents of Shield is coming back to Prime. I was a bit vexed when all series suddenly disappeared, been looking forward to season 6 for some time now.

This link hopefully shows all the 4K movies on prime. I must admit it is a pain in the bum to find on the TV App.
Ready Player One is not UHD, I saw it on Prime last week, went to watch it and stopped, I'll have to get up and put my disc in for UHD 🙄
Already watched Upload, thought it was great.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Blimey, that actually makes me want to watch it now

I thought I was going mad yesterday. Couldn't find it anywhere? Checked about 5 different ways to get it on my Prime watch list, nothing. Thought it could be delayed due to time zones etc?

At one point it appeared on a Google search being on Prime Video, link clicked, "Sorry this title is not available at present" appeared.

Top Secret, haven't seen that comedy classic in years. Its one of those films that nobody seems to have heard of and never gets shown on terrestrial tv

Top Secret! added to watch list. It makes me smile just saying it.

I last watched Top Secret in the 80s and it was one of the underrated Airplane type spoofs. Watched it again a week ago and still remembered what jokes were incoming, but it made me laugh out loud all the same.

Homecoming S2 and Little Fires Everywhere are both available in UHD. I’ve not watched either yet, so don’t know if that means HDR too.

Final season of The Last Ship come on Prime now a good time if you not seen the series to watch all seasons. Sort of whats happening the world today although realy ramped up.

I've added it to my watch list. I've just watched the trailer and it looks like a potentially gripping virus pandemic series.

Finished all four episodes of The Last Narc

Brutal
Scary
Amazing
Mind blowing

Worth a watch of this hard hitting true story of what lead to Kiki Camarena murder....

10/10 all day.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom