What's New on Disney+ UK for July 2020 - news discussion

Great thing is Disney is now back at full bandwidth and atmos is also back, so good time to watch cheers Andy

Great thing is Disney is now back at full bandwidth and atmos is also back, so good time to watch cheers Andy
When did this happen,the Disney + app on my LG 55B7 oled gives me Dolby vision(always has) but not getting atmos that was available before the bandwidth restrictions.

I want to know why there’s still only one season of wicked tuna available. D+ has a long way to go imo, I certainly wouldn't pay for it so I appreciate my daughter's bf login .

Got a bit of buyer's remorse with D+. I've only really watched The Mandalorian and a couple of old movies, so pretty poor value for me so far. I already have the Marvel movies on disc, but not all in 4K, but the low quality streams and missing Atmos sound has made those less appealing. No one and nothing will ever make me watch Rise of Skywalker again, or Solo for that matter.

Admittedly we don't have kids at home, so I didn't expect everything to appeal, but I thought that some of the new content would be more interesting. What happened to the new Marvel shows? All postponed due to covid19?

I cancelled my sub after a month, watched what I wanted to then really couldn't find anything else I wanted to see. As I was paying monthly haven't really lost anything. if Mandalorian season 2 pops up will wait until all are available and sub again for a month

tried a few movies. Moana was the only one I could find with Atmos working. All the others were still DD including a few Marvel movies I tried.

Some good classic movies have appeared that are on my watch list:

Remember the Titans - really well made movie - yet another one that deserved to be released on Bluray in the UK but never was: DVD only. More bittersweet than the story’s premise might make you think and Denzel on top form at his peak.

Invincible - really likeable Mark Wahlberg effort. The 70’s vibe is beautifully done.

Queen of Katwe - No, not exactly a Marvel blockbuster, but IMO definitely worth watching.

And some series well worth investigating:

Tron Uprising - if any of you haven’t spotted this yet, IMO this is one of the very best things on Disney Plus. So well produced, very nuanced characters, a story line that keeps you guessing and epic design and production values. A really underrated gem and constantly demo-worthy visuals throughout. Appears to have been recorded in stereo PCM only though which was a shame.

I haven’t been the biggest fan of Clone Wars - but seasons 6&7 are really well done: less formulaic wars and more character driven on Ahsoka, Anakin and Maul.

Star Wars Rebels - more character driven than Clone Wars’ early seasons. Very well developed characters and story lines. Some duffers, but on the whole, well done.

Also noticed that all seasons of Car SOS are on Disney Plus. Worth watching the Lamborghini Espada episode.

As for Marvel - a mix of yawn, meh and just embarrassing to watch, with the exception of Ant Man that uniquely doesn’t take itself too seriously.

But overall, just about enough content to be worth the reasonable (so far) subscription cost.

As others here are experiencing and expressing, Disney has not returned to full bandwidth. The films and recent content do show 4K in the Apple TV Disney+ app description but they are all showing 5.1 for audio. My receiver confirms it is only outputting in 5.1. There has been no Atmos since the beginning of lockdown. This is why the only content I have bothered to watch on it is the Jeff Goldblum series. I have a 7.2.4 setup so refuse to watch their content whilst it is in this watered down format. DISNEY....... SORT IT OUT!!!

I havent actually checked this but it has been widely reported that from June 29th in the uk, disney were resuming full bandwidth and atmos. I will be accessing via firestick, so will check it

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you're listing Solo for a 10 July launch.
It's on there now and always has been. Only Rise came later.🤨🤔

I'm not sure why you're listing Solo for a 10 July launch.
It's on there now and always has been. Only Rise came later.🤨🤔

The mighty ducks, rodrick rules and race to witch mountain are already on there too! looks like this article is a mix of UK and US release dates for some reason.

Also Secret Society of Second-Born Royals has been delayed to September! that was announced a month ago.

Last edited:
just checked and its still 1440p DV with no Atmos
checked on Shield 2019, ATV4K and LG app

how are you getting it?
It was a bit temperamental on my ATV last night, but Atmos was certainly working.

I found that I had to restart some films (sometimes more than once) to get Atmos.

The app seems to be quite buggy.

I havent actually checked this but it has been widely reported that from June 29th in the uk, disney were resuming full bandwidth and atmos. I will be accessing via firestick, so will check it

reading the comments on twitter it currently seems to be hit and miss on different devices and film to film! on 4k and atmos full bandwidth

am I going crazy?
I watched Solo on Disney+ over a week ago as part of my star wars revisit.

The mighty ducks, rodrick rules and race to witch mountain are already on there too! looks like this article is a mix of UK and US release dates for some reason.

Also Secret Society of Second-Born Royals has been delayed to September! that was announced a month ago.
@NikG and @Gallifreyan - thanks for the updates on the content already available on Disney+ UK. Apologies for the errors. I did check numerous sources which all pointed to Solo, Ducks, Rodrick Rules and Witch Mountain coming to the UK service in July, I'll remove these from the article.

And Secret Society is updated with the new release date.

Thanks.

reading the comments on twitter it currently seems to be hit and miss on different devices and film to film! on 4k and atmos full bandwidth
Well I’ve restarted the 4K Apple TV twice and it doesn’t work. I’ve also uninstalled the Disney app and reinstalled it. That doesn’t work either. Atmos seems to have truly given up the ghost. I’ve tried many different films, none of which give more than 5.1. Atmos works fine on Apple TV and Netflix and on all my 4K blu rays so I know it’s Disney + that’s at fault. Hopefully things will iron themselves out this week.

Rebooted my devices and I now have 4K Dolby Vision and Atmos WORKING

only on ATV4K though. Shield 2019 still looks 1440p and DD5.1

can finally watch Mandalorian now...

Edit : Shield 2019 working now too

Last edited:
Atmos working again here as well on ATV 4K. Good news!

Yes I too have it now after having to force an update on my ATV4K which is annoying as it’s always been set to auto update. The only item that seems suspect now is Artemis Fowl which still does not have Atmos even though it has only just been released.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom