What's New on Disney+ UK for October 2020 - news discussion

Wasn’t Call of the wild supposed to land on there this month. Or have I missed it in the write up?

Isn’t October the month where Disney + becomes exclusive home of Disney Channel TV ?

Disney is a waste of money
Totally depends on your situation.
I can imagine for a lot of people it is but I have easily got my fifty quid's worth this year and I can see myself being pretty happy with it next year too.

That being said, the release schedule has been a fair way below what was suggested prior to launch and that can't all be the Covs.

Totally depends on your situation.
I can imagine for a lot of people it is but I have easily got my fifty quid's worth this year and I can see myself being pretty happy with it next year too.

That being said, the release schedule has been a fair way below what was suggested prior to launch and that can't all be the Covs.
The first year was definitely worth it for me since I watched (for the 1st time) all the Marvel movies. But I cannot see myself renewing. D+ for now is very much a movie service packed with Disney movies I have seen a millions times before and the lack of Nat Geo content is shocking.

PJ Masks S1 and S2 are already on D+. Does this mean new series are being added. Hope so. My lad has watched both series multiple times.

The Rocketeer is now a short aimed at very young children?

Well that's disappointing.

At least there's The Mandalorian, and I'll take a look at The Right Stuff too.

Disney can't sustain this service, surely...(?) Even for kids it's slim pickings, at least once the 'blockbusters' have lost their sparkle.

I can't imagine why any adult without children would consistently subscribe to this service. I reckon its days are numbered...

Last edited:
Might watch Primal Survivor to see if one of the locals say 'Do you know Ray Mears? We did this with him in the 90s'
:rotfl:

Disney is a waste of money

Its been value for money for my family since lockdown. I am sharing my account with someone else which makes it even more bang-for-the-buck. For £5 a month, you won't get any service that is even remotely close to D+ which offers every single MCU / Pixar / Star Wars / Disney film, most of them being DV/DA at a higher bit rates than Netflix. They are slowly adding Fox catalogs as well but at the moment they are keeping it family friendly which is understandable.

Btw, I am seeing Gordon Ramsay. Does this mean Disney are now ready for mature themed content lol?

Its been value for money for my family since lockdown. I am sharing my account with someone else which makes it even more bang-for-the-buck. For £5 a month, you won't get any service that is even remotely close to D+ which offers every single MCU / Pixar / Star Wars / Disney film, most of them being DV/DA at a higher bit rates than Netflix. They are slowly adding Fox catalogs as well but at the moment they are keeping it family friendly which is understandable.

Btw, I am seeing Gordon Ramsay. Does this mean Disney are now ready for mature themed content lol?

I think they are saving a lot of Fox Content and there ABC and Freeform content for the launch of Star there adult version of Disney+

Its been value for money for my family since lockdown. I am sharing my account with someone else which makes it even more bang-for-the-buck. For £5 a month, you won't get any service that is even remotely close to D+ which offers every single MCU / Pixar / Star Wars / Disney film, most of them being DV/DA at a higher bit rates than Netflix.

I agree with you, I did the £49 early bird thing and I have watched The Mandalorian, Star Wars Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels and it looks like I will get The Mandalorian S2 as well.

Excellent value for money, don’t regret it one bit.

BUT ... and yes there is a but coming along. If I were tight I could have taken out Disney+ for a few months, say three to be realistic, paid my £15 and watched those. But I’m not tight, I paid the whole year and in my opinion I am happy with the value. And here is the BUT, when it comes to renewing next year is there anything more to see.

I agree with you, to pay £5 to watch those (for the first time) is great, but do I want to keep paying £5 a month so I can re-watch them again and again.

I think Year 1 Disney+ has been great and very happy with the value, Year 2, now that is going to be a lot harder to justify.

Very different if you have young kids I imagine.

Cheers,

Nigel

I agree with you, I did the £49 early bird thing and I have watched The Mandalorian, Star Wars Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels and it looks like I will get The Mandalorian S2 as well.

Excellent value for money, don’t regret it one bit.

BUT ... and yes there is a but coming along. If I were tight I could have taken out Disney+ for a few months, say three to be realistic, paid my £15 and watched those. But I’m not tight, I paid the whole year and in my opinion I am happy with the value. And here is the BUT, when it comes to renewing next year is there anything more to see.

I agree with you, to pay £5 to watch those (for the first time) is great, but do I want to keep paying £5 a month so I can re-watch them again and again.

I think Year 1 Disney+ has been great and very happy with the value, Year 2, now that is going to be a lot harder to justify.

Very different if you have young kids I imagine.

Cheers,

Nigel

I will most likely share my subscription next year which means I only pay half which is £30 per year (£2.50 a month) provided its still £60 next year.

£2.50 or even £5 a month is a tiny price I am willing to pay even if contents are being made available only slowly (ex. 2 movies a month) compared to the draconian £13 for TV license considering I barely watch regular TV.

I will most likely share my subscription next year which means I only pay half which is £30 per year (£2.50 a month) provided its still £60 next year.

£2.50 or even £5 a month is a tiny price I am willing to pay even if contents are being made available only slowly (ex. 2 movies a month) compared to the draconian £13 for TV license considering I barely watch regular TV.

Depends on what you mean by sharing. Each to their own of course, but I wouldn’t share a subscription between multiple households - that’s just me, not being judgemental or anything.

Cheers,

Nigel

I will only renew if my Daughter want it, Nefix Amazon And stars is enough for me, plus Sky

With the news about Mulan‘s takings on the US service I can see Disney putting their upcoming films on there and missing out the Cinemas altogether. As a huge Disney fan there was not much extra on their beyond the Mandelorian and the last Clone wars.
From talking to people at work whom are not big Disney fans they have subscribed to the service and loved it. In the scheme of things I think it will stay for a long time.

Depends on what you mean by sharing. Each to their own of course, but I wouldn’t share a subscription between multiple households - that’s just me, not being judgemental or anything.

Cheers,

Nigel
I’d be more embarrassed asking a friend or family member to give me £2.50 every month than worry about the ethics of it all.

Its not showing up yet when I searched to add to my watchlist, love Gordon Ramsey though.

I’d be more embarrassed asking a friend or family member to give me £2.50 every month than worry about the ethics of it all.

Its a win-win. When bog rolls went OOS during lockdown, even the closest friend wouldn't lend one to wipe your ass lol. :)

Mega value for money if you have just started the Marvel Universe and the latest Star Wars etc, it has been the best buy ever! .......... especially if you share. Now that Mandalorian! I love most science fiction shows but I thought this was, well slooooow, episode to episode I waited for something to really take off ........ but it never happened!

who the hell would lend someone some bog roll were you expecting it back once they finished with it?:eek:

Its a win-win. When bog rolls went OOS during lockdown, even the closest friend wouldn't lend one to wipe your ass lol. :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom