What's new on Disney+ UK for September 2020 - news discussion

You can hear the barrel being scraped, and to hide Mulan, their only quality piece of content in months behind a paywall is a pretty brainless thing to do. I imagine many are hovering over the cancel subscription button on D+. They just don't have enough content, nowhere near. They haven't a hope in hell in competing with Netflix.

Disney+ has been value for.money for my family as they got to watch entire Marvel, Star Wars and few Disney films which would have cost a lot via other means. With Disney getting more PC and turning a blind eye on its.live action catalog, I am not sure if it will be worth paying beyond 1 year

As expected the only game in town is Mulan and how big is it’s gross and as is invariably the case with Disney there is sod all else on

Ah, forgot about agents of shield, watched all series up to now but as Disney has disengaged with sky looks like I'll miss out. Does raise as issue though, if they don't produce enough new content people will drop in when they do which isn't great for their business model.

And also, where is Condorman? Disney own it, it's even a super hero movie for goodness sake and they're apparently all the rage, but it remains locked in the vault. Yes I know it was terrible, but sometimes you've got to scratch that itch.

Ah, forgot about agents of shield, watched all series up to now but as Disney has disengaged with sky looks like I'll miss out. Does raise as issue though, if they don't produce enough new content people will drop in when they do which isn't great for their business model.
I watched season 6 a while ago included either on Netflix or Prime (can't remember which) so Disney banging on about this now is hardly exciting.
Content is OK for my kids but frankly past Marvel and Star Wars ( all of which we pretty much had on disc) a couple of good ones aside it's just a fest of terrible tween shows and sugary rubbish. Otherwise, you've probably seen it already. However, it's not expensive, kept the kids amused during lockdown. next year though they are going to have to do something fairly major content-wise to get a further 12 months from me.

meh...more middle of the road tosh. Mulan being the only one im interested in. Ill probably drop D+ after my year is up unless something massive changes.

You can hear the barrel being scraped, and to hide Mulan, their only quality piece of content in months behind a paywall is a pretty brainless thing to do. I imagine many are hovering over the cancel subscription button on D+. They just don't have enough content, nowhere near. They haven't a hope in hell in competing with Netflix.

I hope you press the button and then we won’t have to hear you moan about how much content there supposedly isn’t on Disney+.

£19.99 for Mulan, considering you get it for as long as you sub, it's tempting! But probably won't!!

£19.99 for Mulan, considering you get it for as long as you sub, it's tempting! But probably won't!!

Same price as a family of 4 going to my local Vue and unlimited viewings afterwards (yes as long as your subbed up). I’d personally say that represents decent value.

I agree the value is there, especially compared to families. We ventured to Cineworld the other day, £22ish for tickets and £5 for popcorn (took own drinks/sweets).

The seats where terrible and the screen was a bit naff also so not in a rush to do it again!

Article updated to reflect confirmation of Mulan coming to Disney+ UK from 4th September for £19.99 Premium Access fee.

Or you could wait until it his iTunes in 3 months and get it for a tenner. Or wait 6 months and it'll probably be free on Disney+.
True, but you could apply that to most things!

i mean with that thinking why go to the cinema for anything....
Because no matter how good a home cinema you have, it's not the same. I know some people don't like the noise etc of the other people, me included, but the scale of the audio visual presentation can't really be matched. Why pay twenty quid when the exact same presentation, AV wise, will be £4 rental in 3 months time.

Because no matter how good a home cinema you have, it's not the same. I know some people don't like the noise etc of the other people, me included, but the scale of the audio visual presentation can't really be matched. Why pay twenty quid when the exact same presentation, AV wise, will be £4 rental in 3 months time.
I agree, the screen I was in the other day though made me wish I put £20 towards this!

Well film wise we cannot expect miracles, but everything else, my God is dire. No doubt existing contracts are not helping for other TV stuff, so it all seems a little early to consider D+ a must have. Add the fact that Marvel is the most adult thing on there by far, this is really not looking good for a renewal.

The other concern is IF this premium rental continues into post covid times. Could this be new way Disney might consider using? I mean £6pm is pretty cheap and this might quell the urge to increase prices. I guess they'll wait to see how popular it is. Saying that unless it's very close to cinema release time, I just don't see it being popular at all on D+ if people know the film is coming a few months later for "free".

Though I have to be honest, me and daughter really quite liked Spies in Disguise. It's not got an original single frame in it, but we liked it.

depends how good your local cinema is.... mine is always freezing and im never comfortable. Plus i'll take the audio video presentation trade off for the comfort of my surroundings.

Where the hell is Zombies 2 my daughter is pecking my head over it:devil:

I don't think paying cinema prices to watch a low bitrate stream on your own TV in your own living room is good value, its not even £20, its £20 plus a minimum of £6 every month you want access to the rental. Even then its not even yours and can disappear on a whim, there are many digital services that have shut down and many examples of cases where digital content has been shut down, altered (by Disney no less) or removed.

The price of new release physical Blu-Ray and UHD works out cheaper and can be watched whenever you want at high quality with all the extra features, without requiring internet access and paying £6 every month for the privilege.

I don't think paying cinema prices to watch a low bitrate stream on your own TV in your own living room is good value, its not even £20, its £20 plus a minimum of £6 every month you want access to the rental. Even then its not even yours and can disappear on a whim, there are many digital services that have shut down and many examples of cases where digital content has been shut down, altered (by Disney no less) or removed.

The price of new release physical Blu-Ray and UHD works out cheaper and can be watched whenever you want at high quality with all the extra features, without requiring internet access and paying £6 every month for the privilege.

Lol, Mulan isn’t disappearing off of Disney+.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom