What's new on Netflix UK for August 2020 - news discussion

Regardless whether the content is crap, it's only £8.99 per month. Surely there has to be 1 or even 2 movies that catches your eyes otherwise you are better off renting a film from iTunes (at least you're paying for content you want to see).

I remember days when I paid £3 (if not more) to rent a film at Blockbusters for 2 nights yet now we have hundreds of films for peanuts and people can't find any content worth watching. This is what often happens when we have too many choices in life, whether it's food, films, music etc; we just become picky about almost everything.

July was a decent month for me which I saw; Searching, Last Dance, Fallout, Old Guard, Extraction and now due to watch Good Girls season 3 with Umbrella Academy season 2 coming this week.
Regardless??? If the content was crap why on earth would you pay to watch crap??
That being said there is enough good content also, but not enough to pay every month. I only do that because my wife always seems to find something.......
And for the 4K I would pay for that if the quality was up with Apple TV and if the movies they acquire the rights for would also be available in 4K, those that have a 4k version.

Regardless??? If the content was crap why on earth would you pay to watch crap??
That being said there is enough good content also, but not enough to pay every month. I only do that because my wife always seems to find something.......
And for the 4K I would pay for that if the quality was up with Apple TV and if the movies they acquire the rights for would also be available in 4K, those that have a 4k version.
I find the 4k quality okay but then I don’t have Apple TV (or Bluray) to compare to. It’s no worse than Amazon but not sure if that is saying much! I do agree about movies though, why do they often only have the HD version (does it cost them more for 4K)?

I find the 4k quality okay but then I don’t have Apple TV (or Bluray) to compare to. It’s no worse than Amazon but not sure if that is saying much! I do agree about movies though, why do they often only have the HD version (does it cost them more for 4K)?
Apple TV looks the best by a decent margin.

Apple TV looks the best by a decent margin.
Sadly Sony haven’t added Apple TV support for my set so I’d have to have another box which I don’t really want to do. Especially seeing as there really isn’t much on Apple TV that I’d want to watch.

I'm surprised they managed to get Cobra Kai off Youtube. I'll definitely check that out and also The Saint which I haven't seen in years

Sadly Sony haven’t added Apple TV support for my set so I’d have to have another box which I don’t really want to do. Especially seeing as there really isn’t much on Apple TV that I’d want to watch.
It's not about their own shows, it's about Itunes and the movies in there. Every new 4k release is cheaper on Itunes then it is on 4k bluray and quality is very very good.

It's not about their own shows, it's about Itunes and the movies in there. Every new 4k release is cheaper on Itunes then it is on 4k bluray and quality is very very good.
Ah, right. I don’t buy (or even rent) many movies these days but if I do it is from Amazon. I might have to consider an Apple TV at some point but they’re a lot of money (other option would be to hope the new Silicon Mac Mini is a sensible price but this is Apple we’re talking about :)).

How come digital movies can be cheaper than Blu-ray but digital music is way more expensive than CD?

ARTICLE UPDATED: Anelka: Misunderstood (5th Aug) Tiny Creatures (7th Aug), Trinkets S2 (25th Aug) added.

High Seas season 3! Wow, I wasn't sure if they'd do another. I do enjoy this. Yes it's a bit naff and cheesy at times but the young lass from pan's labyrinth turned into a stunner and its easy watching, especially with a few snacks and bevvies! Lol

Ah, right. I don’t buy (or even rent) many movies these days but if I do it is from Amazon. I might have to consider an Apple TV at some point but they’re a lot of money (other option would be to hope the new Silicon Mac Mini is a sensible price but this is Apple we’re talking about :)).

How come digital movies can be cheaper than Blu-ray but digital music is way more expensive than CD?
Beats me mate, could be apple flexing their muscles or they don't take 30% on those, who knows :)

I tend to find the foreign language stuff really good. There is maybe 5% of the English media that is at hbo levels of quality.

I tend to find the foreign language stuff really good. There is maybe 5% of the English media that is at hbo levels of quality.
Lost Bullet was quite good if you ask me, I remember watching Banlieu 13 or District 13 some years ago and I was impressed.

Bordertown
The break
LA mante
Black spot
The frozen dead
The mire
Le chalet
Into the night.
All foreign and all good to unmissable imo.

Lost Bullet was quite good if you ask me, I remember watching Banlieu 13 or District 13 some years ago and I was impressed.

I remember district 13 - that was quite good. Lost bullet looks good. I remember an old French comedy "Taxi" was one of the funniest movies in years (no relation to the American one).

Bordertown
The break
LA mante
Black spot
The frozen dead
The mire
Le chalet
Into the night.

I really liked Bordertown and Blackspot. I will look into the rest. Lately we have been enjoying some of the Korean TV shows on Netflix. Quite a few to recommend including Vagabond and Memories of Alhambra.

Perfume was pretty good too.

Fear City is well worth a watch, only a short 3 parter but very enjoyable Viewing

Just watched this last night. Different and enjoyable!

Signed up yesterday and think it has much better content than Prime, particularly UHD/HDR/DV.

Wife watches dramas in Netflix. Me just the odd films as I prefer physical media and Disney+. Still struggling to complete 6 Underground and Spenser Confidential. Been watching them for a week lol.

Haven't watched a single drama on any streaming platform and don't have the time and mood for them.

Bordertown
The break
LA mante
Black spot
The frozen dead
The mire
Le chalet
Into the night.

I really wish they would do a season 3 of Black Spot, looking unlikely though with no news of a S3:(

Stranger is a good Korean drama on Netflix. Series 2 has just started, new episodes every week to coincide with the show airing on Korean TV. I have my viewing sorted for tonight. :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom