What's new on Netflix UK for June 2020 - news discussion

F is for family is my highlight, I love that show!

Do we know if the bit rate has gone back to pre-Covid level, that's holding me back signing up for another month.

Do we know if the bit rate has gone back to pre-Covid level, that's holding me back signing up for another month.
Mine hasn't dropped since coronavirus... Still getting dolby vision and 4k HD. Same for disney+ too

Looking forward to Dark season 3 and The Order season 2

Looking forward to season three of Sinner, Bill Pullman very good as Harry Ambrose. Much less impressed with Hereditary, overrated horror by numbers, lots of cliches you can tick off as you go.

Mine hasn't dropped since coronavirus... Still getting dolby vision and 4k HD. Same for disney+ too
I know 4K HDR is still there but many people have noticed that the bit rate is halved since Covid, as a result the picture quality is noticeably poorer.

They were never dropped, the bit rates were.

The Last Days of American Crime was rather hit n miss and way to padded out at 2H 29m . Cut 3/4 of an hour out and I suspect it would of been a great tighter rather violent hiest movie. Or at the least more watchable . Just kinda went on a bit .

The Dregs of all streaming services,they lowered bit rate in the UK when there was no need for it....never lowered the Subs price though as the UK's network could have easily handled it...cancelled my sub to it a few weeks ago, content was dreadful full of guff for millenials....best thing they've done in yonks was Extraction....after watching that l cancelled it....

Specsavers mate......Netflix PQ.... made amazon HD streaming look like 8K HDR
Again, they did not drop 4K, they dropped the bit rates. I don't care how it looked compared to Amazon, UHD WAS STILL AVAILABLE.

If they dropped UHD then there would be huge pressure for them to refund the difference to HD for UHD paying customers.

Again, they did not drop 4K, they dropped the bit rates. I don't care how it looked compared to Amazon, UHD WAS STILL AVAILABLE.

If they dropped UHD then there would be huge pressure for them to refund the difference to HD for UHD paying customers.

Netflix So Named 4K UHD was dreadful prior to this guff we are going through atm,they're content is aimed for the younger gen....hence l stopped paying for it..If your happy with it ergo...Amazon's streaming PQ and SQ is far better

I barely watch TV nowadays but am excited about Season 3 of Dark. Truly, probably the best TV I’ve ever seen (IMHO).

PQ looks fine to me, I can't say I ever noticed any difference. As for the content, my watchlist on Netflix is in the hundreds. I'll never run out of things to watch. It's the deal of the century.

In the past few weeks alone they added Space Force, Snowpiercer, The Eddy, Ozark series 3, Dorohedoro, Self Made, and loads of movies. It's a vastly superior offering to D+, ATV+, and Amazon.

It's listed and sold as 4K, so if it's 1440p that would an issue for trading standards and illegal.
Netflix is, which is why they've kept 4k but at a comical 7mbps bitrate. Disney doesn't have paid tiers. Same as apple stuff. You just get whatever they give you.

I've just looked quickly at the Disney+ site and I see no mention of 4k anywhere.

Right now if anything 'American' appears on my screen I switch it off, with a few exceptions. Until they get rid of the idiot in charge I don't want anything to do with the USA and its endless stream of production line "product" which dominates the airwaves. There are alternative sources of entertainment.

Cannot wait for both Dark S3 and Sinner S3.

Right now if anything 'American' appears on my screen I switch it off, with a few exceptions. Until they get rid of the idiot in charge I don't want anything to do with the USA and its endless stream of production line "product" which dominates the airwaves. There are alternative sources of entertainment.
The entire American media is basically anti trump. I would have thought you'd be enjoying their content.

Netflix is, which is why they've kept 4k but at a comical 7mbps bitrate. Disney doesn't have paid tiers. Same as apple stuff. You just get whatever they give you.

I've just looked quickly at the Disney+ site and I see no mention of 4k anywhere.

It states 4K on many titles in the app. If it isn't 4K, they're breaking the law, which seems rather unlikely for Disney.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom