What's the best amps out of these please?

tvdavid

Prominent Member
Reaction score
What's the best amps out of these please?
I managed to collect a NAD 3020I at the weekend for only £10

It was very noisy and intermittent right channel but have put some WD40 in the switches at the weekend and seems to be fine today.

so I now have

harman kardon hk 980
nad 3020i
rotel ra-01
yamaha ax-590

The amp I have liked the least I say is the marantz pm 610
I also had a kenwood ka-3020se I would buy it again the same happened to this and right channel gave up was unable to fix it.

My speakers are q acoustics 1030i , mission mx1 . mordaunt-short avant 902i which I use for stereo.

The best one is the one you like the sound of in your setup and room the best surely.

Crikey. A few blasts from the past there! As above, the best one is the one you like the most. If I were offered one of these, I'd take either the NAD or the Rotel. But that's me. Have you thought about selling the lot and putting the money towards one amp and speakers??

here it is in my room playing mordaunt-short avant 902i forgot I have some other celestion county speakers in the other room not being used so would be good on hear.

Bloated bass due to positioning.

That woofer looks damaged from the inside, indicating being over driven.

Highs are dreadful, but then you're using YouTube and I'm listening in my phone.

Tweeters are too high

Speakers stacked on top of each other is not good

Setup needs some work. No offense.

Edit - get rid of all of those speakers and purchase a pair that are front ported and then judge the amos. Unless you like the bloated bass, and given your music choice I'm assuming so?

I play dance and house so like more bass also have a kef psw2010 but its not been connected yet.

To test those amps properly you need to work on your setup. You could throw 5k on equipment into that space and it wouldn't sound good.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom