Question What's the main difference between these 3 LG TVs?

TVDreamer

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi

Please could somebody guide me and tell me what the main difference is between these 3 LG TVs?

43" LG ULTRA HD 4K TV
43UM7050PLF

LG UN74 43 inch 4K Smart UHD TV
43UN74006LB

LG UN739 43 inch 4K Smart UHD TV
43UN73906LE

As far as I can see, the 43UM7050PLF is listed as having UHD on the LG website whereas the other two are listed as having 4K UHD, yet the title of each says 4K?

All 3 are within our budget right now and the size works for our room and TV unit.

Thanks for reading :)

lg-uk-compare-comparePrint-2020-04-22-15_49_53.png

4k = UHD (Ultra High Definition) it's just different ways of describing the same thing.
To use both terms is just a marketing way of trying to give the impression that there's something extra.

The UN is a new 2020 model line of the same TVs. The UM are the 2019 models.

There's typically no picture quality differences between each TV in the same lines and typically no visible improvements made year to year either.

Here's a chart with the differences from 2019 models:
LG_TV-LineUp_chart_2019.jpg (JPEG Image, 2478 × 1765 pixels) - Scaled (53%)

With the 2020 lines it will be similar, but I can't find the new sheet yet as the models have just been released.

Look for things like the remote control included, HDMI ports and aesthetics/stand design.

Be wary of the premium you pay for a newly released models too, typically they cost more money for the equivalent spec so it's usually better value buying a higher end model from last year than a new one this year. Newly released TV typically aren't good deals until Black Friday, possibly later.

Hi

Thanks very much for the advice here.

The key message is that there's very little separating them so I've gone with the UN7400. I think it's good value for the spec and suits our needs.

I ddd consider the Philips range at the same price level but I was concerned over reports of slow menu speed and that won't do. LG have Quad core picture processing so I'd like to think they've considered speed in what they've built.

Thanks again

Hi

Thanks very much for the advice here.

The key message is that there's very little separating them so I've gone with the UN7400. I think it's good value for the spec and suits our needs.

I ddd consider the Philips range at the same price level but I was concerned over reports of slow menu speed and that won't do. LG have Quad core picture processing so I'd like to think they've considered speed in what they've built.

Thanks again

Marketing mumbo-jumbo

I'd personally make sure the TV you buy comes with the magic remote control for their point and squirt style navigation.

It's part of what makes their smart TV so good.

I'm thinking of getting that model. Are you happy with it? I'm especially interested in picture quality and ease of use. I won't be using the speakers.
Many thanks

Happy with the TV except I tried to return it to get a bigger one! 🙂 I realise that I'm squinting at the TV more nowadays, for gaming, so would buy exactly the same but as a 50 inch TV.

Don't get a plugin keyboard because they're incompatible with most of the software on there. As mentioned above, the smart remote is probably better.

The LG content store is very limited and app availability isn't as good as I'd hoped. I was hoping to directly install Zoom on there but it wasn't to be.

I wish a TV had Google play on it and worked as well.

Which TV Brand offers the best catch-up/App application- Sony, LG or Samsung?

Which TV Brand offers the best catch-up/App application- Sony, LG or Samsung?
Samsung followed by Sony now since LG are lacking some UK catchup apps as of 2020.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom