What's wrong with the sound on Sky News?

themonk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Is anyone else experiencing out of phase sound on Sky News? It's been like this for a couple of days now and has not been fixed. All the other channels on my Sky Digibox are fine, just Sky News.

Is there a technical phone line I can ring to report the problem.

Thanks,
Mike.

Welcome to AVF. It's OK here but you can always report anything to Sky on the form at MySky.

I have the same problem too and only on Sky News channel. I'll give it a couple more days to see if they fix it but in the meantime I'm watching the BBC news channel instead.

Ditto.

It sounds kind of like an echo or you've turned on simulated surround sound by mistake. It's the same on Sky 501 and terrestrial 82.

Last edited:
Sorry, can't throw any light on this one.

9pm news was fine on my system last evening and can't imagine a problem like this would go un-noticed all week.

Signed up because of the booming sound on Sky News, bizarre, all other channels, sky and otherwise are fine. Great to see that I am not alone with this and it's still happening this morning Monday November 21, so when are Sky going to do something about it? Having to watch BBC News 24 instead.

[edit] Playing around, if you turn stereo off it seems to lose the boom echo, not that this is a solution mind!

Last edited:
I noticed it over the weekend and reported it to one of my technical contacts at Sky yesterday. Haven't been near a TV to check it so far today.

As of today, Tuesday Nov 22, we now appear to have correct sound back on Sky News!! Hope that's permanent, mind you straight into Kay Birley so chose News 24 instead!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom