Whats your system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently working on getting all of mine into the same house and the same room so no pics at this point...

LGOLED55B7
Dali Ikon 6 Mk2
Roksan K3 Amplifier
Arcam irDAC

Have been toying with changing the Dali's, and also expanding to include a Bluesound Node/Arcam rPlay.

Vpi Prime with Ortofon 2m black
Marantz pm 11
Marantz sa11
Marantz na11
Audio physic Avanti anniversary
Kimber Cables
Moth RCM

Epson tw 9300w
Yamaha 3060
Panasonic ub9000
Bk 400xl
Focal 726 fronts, focal centre , sides and rears , klipsch atmos speakers
Sky HD +
Ps4

Oops forgot to add to av setup
Nvidia shield
Marantz tt15s1

I always wanted a “proper” music system. Never thought that day would come but fate intervened (the planets aligned or some such thing) and after some discussion with my better half and the keeper of the purse I got the go ahead to make my dream a reality. The plan was to start out by joining the vinyl revolution so I decided on the following:-

Record player - Rega Planar 3/ Elys 2
Amplifier - Rega Brio
Speakers - Q Acoustics Concept 20 & dedicated stands
Rack - Atacama Evoque Eco 60/40

Set up in my son’s playroom (alongside his drums) and far from the neighbours and more importantly our living room, I can shut myself away and sit back, turn up the volume and get lost in the music for a time-bliss.

Now I’m just waiting to take delivery of the new Rega Apollo-R CD player which means I can now listen to my CD collection in a place other than my car.

I’ve attached a picture (with the speakers moved in to get in the picture).

Attachments

• 24CFEBAD-A91C-4C3B-8458-CCBFF230318D.jpeg
    24CFEBAD-A91C-4C3B-8458-CCBFF230318D.jpeg
    561.7 KB · Views: 333
My hifi is'nt anything special but your opinions would be welcome

Turntable is a Linn Sondek LP12 with ittok and vallelha psu
Project phono pre amp
Amp is an intergrated Roksan Caspian m1
CD player is again a Roksan caspian m1
Speakers are Audio Vector Mi3's

I'm very happy with it but i would like to stream music. your opinion would be welcome. All purchased used (only a beginner)

Lovely little system :smashin:

For streaming, you'd do far worse than a used Cambridge Audio SM6 - around £250 used and an excellent sounding pre/DAC/streamer even at £800 original rrp. They do Spotify connect now but if tidal and/or file playback over 24/96 is a necessity the newer CXN would be better.

There are hundreds of other options out there but few offer the simplicity and top-notch sound quality together with all the digital inputs.
FLACs at 44/16 ripped from cd onto a NAS connected to your network sound as good as high end CD players - I sold my MF308cd, Krell 300cd and kept a Marantz 17 KI purely as a transport when the SM6 arrived.

Thanks for the reply legzr, any recommendations on new/used interconnectors instead of the cheap crappy items i have?

Budget around £100

Thanks for the reply legzr, any recommendations on new/used interconnectors instead of the cheap crappy items i have?

I'm not about to open another can of worms on hifi cabling!

What I will say is that I use Mark Grant cables which use Canare and Van Damme - same with speaker cables, VD 4X4 for bi-amping. They work, are well made and stretch from one piece of equipment to the other ;)

CA>Krell>EAD>B&W 800D - fairly high res system which doesn't need anything 'better' IMHO.

Haha!! Did'nt realise cables are/canbe a touchy subject

Thanks for the advice! and i'l look into the Cambridge streamer

Last edited:
Sony bravia kd55xe8396
Sony UBPX800
Marantz NR1504
Marantz NA7004
Marantz PM8005
Dali Zensor 3
Dali Vocal
Dali Zensor 1
BK XXLS400DF x 2

Good for movies and music . Thinking about upgrading to Dali Opticon series . Wonder if worth it ?

Well if we are getting started, then you need to all post pics ;)

Don Dadda, if you use Flickr, Imageshack etc to host your pics (free accounts) you can then use the provided links to insert the pics. Ta-Da...

System
by hoopsontoast, on Flickr

System

System

Luxman PD272/ DL 103

Audion Sterling Plus

R Model Target audio stands ! :). I used to make those !

Recently picked up the below. So nice having some quality audio equipment again. I know it's not crazy tier quality but compared to the free sound bar and Subwoofer which came with the TV, it's amazing.

Cambridge CX60 Amp
Monitor Audio Bronze 2 Speakers

Thinking about getting a Cambridge Minx x301 subwoofer.

20180101_222814.jpg

Stereo:
Emotiva XSP-1 Gen2 reference differential preamp
Emotiva Bas-X 300 2 x 150W (8ohm) amplifier
Marantz CD6006 (up for sale)
Marantz NA6005
Marantz UD7007 (output via balanced)
Philips FP930 TT, made by Dual w/ AT95E cart
Wharfedale Jade 3 (moving to rear, as I have a pair of Jade 7s and a Jade C1 incoming this month)

Multi ch:
Marantz SR5011 (will go Emotiva pre-pro soon)
JMLab Cobalt CC20 centre (up for sale)
JMLab Opal 607 rears (up for sale)
2 x Infinity Infinitesimal Servo Sub (10")
Same Marantz UD7007 for BD
Xbox One X w/ Elite controller

All QED Reference cables
Samson Powerbrite power distribution unit
Philips 55pus6562 4k tv w/ Ambilight and 5 Philips Hue bulbs
Synology DS218 NAS with 2 4TB Seagate Barracuda drives
Mission Stancette stands

IMG_0830.jpg
IMG_0831.jpg
IMG_0832.jpg
IMG_0833.jpg

My system is a bit of both, great for music & movies [emoji327]

Just need some art for the walls

Hi Fi

Linn Axis (modded with strategically placed damping and isolating materials, all mods easily reversible) with Jelco ST-250, Goldring 1042

AnalogueWorks TT1 with Jelco SA-750EB - complete with Ammonite Audio mounting collar, Goldring 1042

Audiolab 8000A Integrated amp

Arcam Alpha CD

Teac V-8030S Cassette

Tandberg TD20A Open Reel Tape deck

B&W P4 Speakers

Assorted Chord and Qed interconnects and cable.

Denon DL-103 which is soon to be re-bodied

The AnalogueWorks TT1 is in Black Oak and is superbly engineered.

I have at least five platter mats, all different materials, each with their own properties. So different mat for different recorded material.

The Tandberg is sensational. Really, there's nothing quite like it for sound quality. In my humble opinion, there is no modern, digital sound reproduction that comes close. After all, although we have digits, we are analogue, so why put something (digital) in the way, so that it has to be converted so that it makes sense? (rhet) Not looking to start a war!

Been known to tweak.

Considering a Chinese Yaqin valve amp. Great reviews and not expensive. Its the shipping cost thats the killer

Seem to breeding Pioneer receivers. Latest is on top, a VSA-E08 circa 2000. £13 from a well known auction site with what turned out to be one dry joint stopping it powering on :)

fullsizeoutput_b15.jpeg

View attachment 962472View attachment 962473View attachment 962474View attachment 962475

My system is a bit of both, great for music & movies [emoji327]

Just need some art for the walls

Hi Southern Soul, I like your set up . I’ve also got LS50’s and I was wondering do you have you have yours set up with any toe-in ?

I found mine a little fatiguing when toed-in, now they have almost no toe in at all and for my ears are better for it.

Tidal..Bluesound Node 2, Creek Destiny 2 & KEF LS50.

New to the forum and not in the premier league with regards to Hi-Fi equipment

Here goes...

Amp - Technics Stereo Integrated Amplifier SU-V550 [Have this for over 30 years]
TT - Technics SL-Q3 [Bought in Jan 2018 - loving it]
CD - Pioneer PD-M423 [Bought for €30!]
Tuner - Sony FM-AM Tuner ST-S261
Cassette - Technics Stereo Cassette Deck RS-TR373M2 [Bought for €45]
MiniDisc - Sony MDS-JE480

Forgot to add:

Speakers: Bose Acoustimass 3
Computer: 21" iMac [Aux In - Amp]

HiFi Layout.jpg HiFi Layout - Pic 2.jpg

Last edited:
Here’s my Stereo Setup, I had to sell off the surround sound kit due to moving to a smaller property:

Marantz CD17
Van Den Hul - The Second Carbon Interconnect
Cyrus 8vs2
Focal Aria 906’s

The CD player sits on a Cyrus Isoplat, hoping to get another one for the Amplifier soon.

All mounted on a SoundStyle stand

Adam [emoji846]

Hi Southern Soul, I like your set up . I’ve also got LS50’s and I was wondering do you have you have yours set up with any toe-in ?

I found mine a little fatiguing when toed-in, now they have almost no toe in at all and for my ears are better for it.

Tidal..Bluesound Node 2, Creek Destiny 2 & KEF LS50.

I have my LS50’s slightly towed in (not that it really matters due to the uni q driver) more for aesthetics than anything else. [emoji106]

System now updated in my main room, thus.

Control unit, Meridian G01
DSP, Meridian G61RSL
CD/DVD, Meridian G98DH

TT, Linn LP12 Valhalla with mods. WTP base board & Clear Audio arm board. I bought this deck in 1981 and now giving it a long needed revamp, mainly due to the sagging suspension and deciding I wanted to still be able to play LPs for a while, yet. Cartridge, Ortofon MC15 super II (temporary, to be replaced with a Dynavector Karat DV17D3) in SME 3009 III.

I still have my Quad amps:
606 (1 of)
306 (3 of)

Speakers:
Quad ESL63 (2 pairs, f & r)
KEF LS50 (sides)
Martin Logan Motif (CF)
Sub, Quad 10L original

I have the system optimised for ambisonic playback, which happens to work just as well for stereo and Dolby.

GIK tri traps at front.
GIK diffusors at front and rear 1st reflection points for front ESLs.
GIK scatter plates/traps at rear 1st reflection points of rear ESLs.
IMG_0741.JPG
IMG_0742.JPG

Recently picked up the below. So nice having some quality audio equipment again. I know it's not crazy tier quality but compared to the free sound bar and Subwoofer which came with the TV, it's amazing.

Cambridge CX60 Amp
Monitor Audio Bronze 2 Speakers

Thinking about getting a Cambridge Minx x301 subwoofer.

How do you find the MA Bronze 2 with the Cambridge amp? Anything missing from the sound, or anything sound like too much?

Fantastic systems on here.

Got back into Vinyl and music in general about six months ago. I purchased everything used.

Project P2 turntable with Ortofon 530MKII Cartridge
Marantz CD6300 player
Marantz PM6300 Amp
Angle Audio Audiophile phono stage
KEF Q100 speakers
OPP0 PM3 Headphones (new)

Hi,just joined, getting back into vinyl :clap: after about a 30 year gap :( ,my son decided to buy me a intempo record player for xmas ,i had warned them not to my last record player was an amstrad twin tape deck that i saved up doing a paper round :) , so now i have a £5 :facepalm:intempo record player (they were £30) with an old onkyo txr506 that we used for our tv surround sound system but still going strong,my speakers were old Panasonic ones but recently upgraded to tannoy eclipse 3s looking to upgrade the turntable but how do i tell my son i want another turntable already :( the bug has bit again scouring charity shops for records :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom