Whats your system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beosystem 6500 1991 with B&O Attyca 1 stand

BS6500III015_zps4e485834.jpg

Beogram 6500 to the left and Master Control Panel 6500 remote, Beomaster, Beogram cd and Beocord 6500 to the right. I am the second owner and it has just one service so far by Dillen from Beoworld. I currently use some old Beovox S120 1981 and it sounds great.

My second Beosystem 6000 1981 complete with original B&O stand

Hvidt6500finallyhome006_zps0516f6d4.jpg

To the left Beomaster 6000, Beocord 9000 (I sold this and use a 6000 that came with this system) and Beogram 6006 with MMMC 20CL cartridge. The Beovox S120 belongs to this system but I use the 6500 mainly and I have some Beovox M150 for this.

The 3 main units were in an auction bundle in the fall of 2007 and I decided to get it. It all was pretty dead. Dillen from Beoworld serviced it all and I managed to find the Beovox S120 and stand too. In the end complete system with the optional remote option.

I re-organized it today. Here's a new pic.

Attachments

• 42519946935_6781920fec_o.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 140
Hi everyone - here is my current incarnation of my living room setup.

Stereo setup
Rega P3/ orfoton blue / Arcam r phono stage / Rega TT psu
Rega Brio R stereo amp
Cambridge Audio CXN
Linn Ninka + Stands

AV setup
Panasonic TX 50ST30 TV
Kef T series AV speakers
Sony BDP S790 bluray player
Vu+ Duo2 satellite freeview receiver
Onkyo NR609 AV amp
Chromecast & AFTV boxes - (hidden round the back of the onkyo)

I re-organized it today. Here's a new pic.
Nice to see some great old Sony 9000ES bits. I had some donkeys years ago and loved them :thumbsup:

Sony xa3000 es sacd player
Audiolab 8000t tuner
Proceed pre amp
Mark Levinson no.29 power amp
Focal jm lab 920 Electra speakers
G11 vision mains cleaning device
Madrigal XLR (pre to power amp)
Kimber silver streak x2
Kimber signature mains cables
This is my first post so hello everyone

Update to my system, out went the Precision 6.1s, in come the Tannoy Prestige Turnberry SEs:

SoIoBOK.jpg

...and here they are from my listening position, slightly toed in:

6hTdqol.jpg

Great as they are forward facing horn loaded so you can chuck them against the side walls with NO detriment to the bass (remains fast and tuneful). Just got 'em today so need a few days of tweaking to get them at their best.
Luckily everything fits (just :p).

EDIT: now on custom plinths ;) (rock solid and raises tweeters to ear level)

uXeKucv.jpg

taO0umu.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

I finally got myself to do it. So here we are:

Amp: Classe CA-2300

PreAmp: Classe CP-800 MKI

Network Player: CA 851N

Turntable: Dj Stanton ST-150STR (modified) carbon arm, silver wiring, got rid of unnecessary circuits, transformer got separate enclosure to get rid of vibrations and black mat paint.

Cartridge: Nagaoka MC-200

PhonoStage: Schiit Mani

Speakers: B&W 703’

Plus custom made big hole in chimney to accommodate all.

Last edited:
I had ninkas for many years, nice speakers and I ran them numerous ways including fully active but the best they ever sounded was single wire passive with a Lejonklou Tundra.
Heres my system now, linn Akurate DS3 leading the line up Lejonklou Sagatun Mono pre amps, Lejonklou Tundra stereo 2.2 power amp and Totem Tribe Tower loudspeakers.
Atacama evoque special edition rack, linn silver ic's, linn old style k200 speaker cable and no fancy power cords or conditioners. I've done all that and done away with it.

Dropbox - hifi pics - Simplify your life

Just taken delivery of a pair of Klipsch Heritage Forte III from Dave @ Sound Hifi. What a fantastic guy , very helpful and more importantly knowledgeable. Have relegated the Audio Physic Avanti Anniversary to home cinema use. These Forte III sound incredible.

Rest of system
Marantz PM11S1
Marantz SA 11s2
Marantz NA 11s1
Vpi Prime with Ortofon 2M Black
Kimber cables

Time for a glass of wine

Got myself some new speakers today :D buch3.jpg buch4.jpg

No pics - I have 2 systems - one in each living room!

Smaller room - Arcam FM39 amp with Tannoy Devons (that I bought new in 1980! Been reconed by me a few years ago....) Play CDs via a DVD player - mainly use my FIIO MP3 player linked in.
Bigger room - secondhand Arcam A9 as a pre-amp into two A9 power amps bridged for mono - one for each channel - driving a secondhand pair of Tannoy Berkeleys.

The big Arcam amps allow the Tannoys to give give wonderful effortless bass at low or high volume, friends love listening to music in my house! Luckily i live in a detached house with no close neighbours!

Update to my system, out went the Precision 6.1s, in come the Tannoy Prestige Turnberry SEs:

They look great - but is that a sub woofer I see? Is one needed with those speakers?

SoIoBOK.jpg

6hTdqol.jpg

Great as they are forward facing horn loaded so you can chuck them against the side walls with NO detriment to the bass (remains fast and tuneful). Just got 'em today so need a few days of tweaking to get them at their best.

uXeKucv.jpg

taO0umu.jpg

Just taken delivery of a pair of Klipsch Heritage Forte III from Dave @ Sound Hifi. ...

Would love to hear your impression of the FORTE-III, perhaps even a review in the Hi-FI Stereo or Hi-Fi Speaker forum.

Steve/bluewizard

They look great - but is that a sub woofer I see? Is one needed with those speakers?

For most music, no. The speakers go clean down to 40Hz and luckily my sub can cross over at 40Hz. Most of the time with most music it does nothing at all and I am just listening to the speakers.
Occasionally on goes some EDM/HipHop and then, oh yes ;), you can feel that extra "layer" of seismology going on (and because the sub is both sealed and fed by an Anti-mode DSP, it's very well behaved with no boominess at all - just that lowest octave of 20-40Hz being present).

My latest upgrade has been replacing all of my SMPSs with LPSs:

qBw6CVW.jpg

The top one supplies the sub's DSPeaker, the middle one powers my irDAC and the bottom one (dual output) powers my SpeedBox S and PhonoBox DS+ (which I've also upgraded).
A big improvement being able to remove 4 wall-warts

SoIoBOK.jpg

6hTdqol.jpg

uXeKucv.jpg

taO0umu.jpg
Sorry, as this may seem an odd question - why do you have weight discs on your subwoofer?

Sorry, as this may seem an odd question - why do you have weight discs on your subwoofer?

Normaly a sub ads a lot of mecanical distortion, by vibrating true the floor, or just by cabinet vibrating, so adding weight might help reduce that.

i have a old Dali AS2 sub wich have 2x12" woofers playing in each direction, wich leaves 0 mecanical resonance, wich is very nice, also have a B&W ASW 855 wich i simply cant use due to massive mecanical distortion at high level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom