Wheels wheels wheels.

My wheelstand pro upgrades for the G29 arrived. Even though they didn't recommend using a V1 of the stand it is absolutely fine. Everything is secure and stable. Just need to decide whether to get the shifter or not. I tend to use the paddles in games anyway but maybe as a handbrake it could be useful. I don't even use a gearstick in my own car!

My wheelstand pro upgrades for the G29 arrived. Even though they didn't recommend using a V1 of the stand it is absolutely fine. Everything is secure and stable. Just need to decide whether to get the shifter or not. I tend to use the paddles in games anyway but maybe as a handbrake it could be useful. I don't even use a gearstick in my own car!

To use it as a handbrake on PS4, you have to connect it to a USB port on the console and not through the wheel (that's if you want to use the wheel paddles to shift). I'd been temped to pick up a USB hub for the PS4 so I could use mine that way sometimes. Unfortunately, we don't get the option to use it as an analogue handbrake, like you can on PC.

To use it as a handbrake on PS4, you have to connect it to a USB port on the console and not through the wheel (that's if you want to use the wheel paddles to shift). I'd been temped to pick up a USB hub for the PS4 so I could use mine that way sometimes. Unfortunately, we don't get the option to use it as an analogue handbrake, like you can on PC.

That sounds good enough though, Might pick one up and give it a go and never know, might end up using the shifter as an actual shifter in Dirt Rally ;)

No idea how it will attach to my Playseat challenge though

Yeah that will do it. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

No idea how it will attach to my Playseat challenge though

I got a Ram mount, normally used for connecting a Sat nav to handlebars, to attach my Thrustmaster shifter to the Playseat Challenge.

I've seen other people drill through the tubing to attach a platform of some sort to clamp a shifter to.

Playseat do an official shifter mount but it is very expensive for what is just a machined piece of metal.

Out of stock at all my local currys ☹️ if someone would like to grab a second one please I would get payment sent over [emoji106]

Last edited:
I've managed to reserve one for collection today [emoji106]

Might do that as well as I'm off there to checkout ovens before I buy from somewhere else [emoji4]

I forget to get my reservation yesterday but it must have gone back on the shelf so I grabbed it when passing this morning

I forget to get my reservation yesterday but it must have gone back on the shelf so I grabbed it when passing this morning

I thought they held it for 24hrs [emoji848] not to worry glad you managed to get one especially at this price I just need to find my bracket now to mount it !

They do but j reserved it Thursday night but completely forgot to grab it yesterday

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom