Where do you buy your smart home tech?

LondonLesney

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just a general straw poll to see where you head to when you want to buy your smart home tech (switches, sensors, thermostats, etc.).

Do you head straight to Amazon or do you have a preferred online store you keep returning to?

Thanks,

Neil

If it's zwave stuff I compare prices on Vesternet and Amazon.

Amazon, Argos, Maplin. I only really have Hue, TP-link, Amazon Echo so nothing fancy.

As I don’t have Amazon Prime anymore and therefore get artificially delayed deliveries that I have to pay for I check Amazon prices for an item then see if Argos, Screwfix or Toolstation amongst others have said item and quite often they do at the same price but I can be pick up here and now.

If however it’s something like IP cameras or NAS’s etc That Argos and Co don’t carry then I check between EBay and Amazon to find cheapest price taking into account if the EBay seller can be trusted.

I sometime use unknown retail sellers if they use PayPal and have safe and traceable reviews that aren’t made up of 100% 5 star reviews as no one is that good.:D

As with @davepuma above, I only have Hue, Nest etc, so Amazon, John Lewis, and Very tend to be my first ports of call for pretty much everything these days.

Amazon due to price, availability and fast delivery with Prime.
John Lewis as I get discount and the warranty / customer service is usually good.
Very as they tend to have offer codes on a regular basis, plus a good range of 0% payment options if not wanting to pay all in one go for something more expensive.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom