Question Where to purchase 4K film from US

berkeley384

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello

I’m really sorry if this has been asked before, or is in the wrong place or ... well anything anything ...

But could anyone suggest if there’s is a US website / retailer that people here know ships to the UK that’s is reliable / fairly priced etc.

I’d like to get my daughter a copy of Frozen 2 before the UK release date and thought it may be possible to import a copy

I get that there will be import taxes etc, but if there is somewhere people recommend that would be great

Ta

Amazon.com - shipping and customs fees often make it expensive

Wowhd.com - price includes postage and there's no import costs

www.secondspin.com - there second hand but they often do fantastic deals, I've managed to pick up films for as low as £6 each

You can also buy from a seller on eBay that the majority of us use, he's called Mario and has two shops

Carmenymario

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
There's also another seller toys and films but he can be dearer than Mario as he tends to sell with the digital code

Amazon.com - shipping and customs fees often make it expensive

Wowhd.com - price includes postage and there's no import costs

www.secondspin.com - there second hand but they often do fantastic deals, I've managed to pick up films for as low as £6 each

You can also buy from a seller on eBay that the majority of us use, he's called Mario and has two shops

Carmenymario

Wowhd do add VAT at 20% now,on all import over £15

I would go with Mario on eBay.

£42 for Frozen 2 though. I’m sure it’d be quite a bit cheaper from Amazon.com once it’s released.

It will be from him once released too, it’s only really expensive during the pre-release period as you are paying a premium for early access but once the release day rolls around it will be £20-25

I assume if I buy from Carmenymario I’ll get charged import tax on top ?

Amazon UK have some US films - Crank and Ex Machina are on there for £7 something and then delivery of about £5 something, if you want to be precise!

So I'm interested in getting the US Scarface UHD, as the review here says that the UK version has player generated subs for the title crawl and locations (yuk) whereas the US one has the original proper text on the film.
Not used them before, but just wanted to check that if I buy it from WOWHD.co.uk, I'll definitely be getting the US 4K UHD version please?

Scarface 4K US Version?

Thanks very much!

So I'm interested in getting the US Scarface UHD, as the review here says that the UK version has player generated subs for the title crawl and locations (yuk) whereas the US one has the original proper text on the film.
Not used them before, but just wanted to check that if I buy it from WOWHD.co.uk, I'll definitely be getting the US 4K UHD version please?

Scarface 4K US Version?

Thanks very much!

Yes that will be the US release.

I ordered Spies in disguise 4k Blu ray from carmenymario on eBay on 11th April, still no show 🤔....

Current circumstances have caused delays worldwide, still waiting on an item sent from Australia on March 31st

Current circumstances have caused delays worldwide, still waiting on an item sent from Australia on March 31st
Yes, there’s delays and there’s delays... I just wish I had known when ordering, £23 odd but could of had it weeks ago for £7.99 on ATV. will give it until end of may before calling it a day and recouping my money.

Yes, there’s delays and there’s delays... I just wish I had known when ordering, £23 odd but could of had it weeks ago for £7.99 on ATV. will give it until end of may before calling it a day and recouping my money.

I sure know the feeling, the title I have on route could end up costing me £35+ while the UK release was weeks ago and I could get it for £20 now.

I ordered Spies in disguise 4k Blu ray from carmenymario on eBay on 11th April, still no show 🤔....
Hope your copy turns up soon.
I nearly bought a copy a couple of weeks ago from one of his sites but saw people were having delays. Saw one on Gopeachy and went for that instead at $10.05 plus p+p. Posted 06/05 and in London 14/05 but they are only in Florida. They have another copy at $11.36 (use gopeachy5percentoff for 5% off) if anybody wants one.

Hope your copy turns up soon.
I nearly bought a copy a couple of weeks ago from one of his sites but saw people were having delays. Saw one on Gopeachy and went for that instead at $10.05 plus p+p. Posted 06/05 and in London 14/05 but they are only in Florida. They have another copy at $11.36 (use gopeachy5percentoff for 5% off) if anybody wants one.
Thanks for the heads up, I had a message from him today which frankly was quite arsey, he’s given me a refund and apologizes on behalf of Royal Mail then says enjoy the free movie when it arrives. Frankly I find that rude and told him his customer relations is lacking and he doesn’t even sign off with a name. I also told him I will reimburse his refund when the disc finally arrives.

Thanks for the heads up, I had a message from him today which frankly was quite arsey, he’s given me a refund and apologizes on behalf of Royal Mail then says enjoy the free movie when it arrives. Frankly I find that rude and told him his customer relations is lacking and he doesn’t even sign off with a name. I also told him I will reimburse his refund when the disc finally arrives.
Yeah, but many won’t refund him & you’re probably not the first person to ask for a refund (he’s probably had loads of requests since the lockdown).
It’s out of his control & there’s no reason to doubt (for now) it won’t eventually turn up, so I can understand him being annoyed about being out of pocket.

Yeah, but many won’t refund him & you’re probably not the first person to ask for a refund (he’s probably had loads of requests since the lockdown).
It’s out of his control & there’s no reason to doubt (for now) it won’t eventually turn up, so I can understand him being annoyed about being out of pocket.
I’m not disputing that, and I will return his refund when it arrives like I already said. Bottom line is I ordered this on 11th April I think, basically a pre order. I should be more patient and tempers are fraying I understand that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom