LoganS

Standard Member
Reaction score
After settling my home theatre setup I was excited to pick up COCO along with the Incredibles at a later date, but after searching around Amazon, HMV, e.c.t you name it. If it's a store in the UK that sells Blu-ray's they don't seem to be offering any Disney Animated movie that's made it's way to the format in countries like the US.

Cars 3, COCO and the Incredibles are 3 movies (there may be more) that pop out to me when I think of 4K Blu-ray animated films that don't seem to be available anywhere here.

Anyone else notice this? Are we being left out similar to how the US is left out of the 3D Blu-rays which are exclusive to Europe?

As you say Disney have yet to release any Pixar title on UHD in the U.K. despite three being available in the US (the latest Pirates of the Caribbean film is also available on UHD in the US but not berry but on the reverse we have 3D releases that they don’t.

Can only assume they believe the user base in the U.K. is not yet big enough to warrant releasing them so importing is the only option.

It's not just animated mate, any disney film on UHD full stop has yet to have an EU release.
Just the US, Australia and Japan as far as I'm aware.

Marvel and Star wars don't count, obviously different distribution arm making the decisions there.

By the time they release in the UK, most of the 4K owners would already have the US version which can be bought for £15-£23 depending upon your efforts.

1. CoCo - 3 discs
2. Incredibles - 3 discs
3. Cars 3 - 3 discs

So in terms of content they are doing a good job but they are doing an abysmal job with these Atmos mixes.

They are nice packages I'll be honest. Lovely slips too, really like the POTC one.
Unfortunately though, yes, the atmos tracks are a touch shite. I need to go in a lower my centre a good few dB and then whack the master volume right up every time i watch one.

POTC is particularly terrible imo, i actually prefer the DD5.1 track. The MCU ones aren't as bad, just lack umph. SW EP8 was similar. The Incredibles track was actually pretty decent though personally.

They are nice packages I'll be honest. Lovely slips too, really like the POTC one.
Unfortunately though, yes, the atmos tracks are a touch sh*te. I need to go in a lower my centre a good few dB and then whack the master volume right up every time i watch one.

POTC is particularly terrible imo, i actually prefer the DD5.1 track. The MCU ones aren't as bad, just lack umph. SW EP8 was similar. The Incredibles track was actually pretty decent though personally.

I found The Incredible track,very good on my setup,POTC was a bit disappointing as an Atmos track,just ok with a big volume boost :)

I found The Incredible track,very good on my setup,POTC was a bit disappointing as an Atmos track,just ok with a big volume boost :)

Regarding Incredibles, switch between Atmos and DTS-HD audio during action scenes to experience the old school track kicking the heck out of the new boy in town.

Regarding Incredibles, switch between Atmos and DTS-HD audio during action scenes to experience the old school track kicking the heck out of the new boy in town.

exactly the reason ive not upgraded....

The Picture is certainly worth the upgrade.

So this seems to still be the case then, with Ralph Breaks The Internet and shows no sign of changing... yet The Lion King seems to have got a UK 4K Blu Ray release.

What I also don't understand is why they roll out a DTS HD-MA track on the standard Blu Rays (which a lot of people seem to prefer) and then choose Atmos (and therefore a TrueHD core) for the UHD 'immersive' upgrade rather than DTS:X (which the vast majority of Atmos-capable receivers and soundbars should be able to cope with).

Their approach is actually making me lose interest in the format, as £15-20 is plenty enough already to buy one 4K Blu Ray, let alone the £25-30+ I paid to import The Incredibles and Coco. It's disappointing from Disney, you'd expect them to be the ones to pioneer and champion the new format, especially if they're investing money in making them and they're region free. Would it hurt or even cost them much to release them in small numbers here, rather than fueling a black market in people importing them and selling them on for inflated prices? :(

Rob

How on Earth did you pay £25-30 to import!?

I bought them from WowHD, that’s more or less what they cost.
Well, lesson here is don't buy from WowHD.

After shipping, I paid around £13 each. Shop around dude, prices are there.

Well, lesson here is don't buy from WowHD.

After shipping, I paid around £13 each. Shop around dude, prices are there.
I’d love to know where. UK new UHD releases generally debut at £19.99+ at the mainstream shops, I didn’t find anyone importing US 4K discs any cheaper. I’d have no issue if they were £13, imported or not.

Rob

I’d love to know where. UK new UHD releases generally debut at £19.99+ at the mainstream shops, I didn’t find anyone importing US 4K discs any cheaper. I’d have no issue if they were £13, imported or not.

Rob
Easy. Buy them from the US - eBay, or forums like bluray.com - and then use a remailer service like Stackry.

My latest purchase was Overlord, A Star is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody which after shipping to the UK has cost me about £43.

If you don't fancy that and want something sent direct and free, try sellers like Carmanymario (sp?) on eBay UK who will do most new releases for less than £20 shipped.

Edit. Prompted me to have a look on my recent eBay USA buys:
The Dark Knight & The Dark Knight Rises £19.63
First Man £11.32
Widows £11.32
the Greatest Showman £9.68
Incredible 2 £11.32
These are buy it now prices. If I was patient enough to do auctions I'm confident I'd get them cheaper.

Last edited:
Easy. Buy them from the US - eBay, or forums like bluray.com - and then use a remailer service like Stackry.

My latest purchase was Overlord, A Star is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody which after shipping to the UK has cost me about £43.

If you don't fancy that and want something sent direct and free, try sellers like Carmanymario (sp?) on eBay UK who will do most new releases for less than £20 shipped.

Edit. Prompted me to have a look on my recent eBay USA buys:
The Dark Knight & The Dark Knight Rises £19.63
First Man £11.32
Widows £11.32
the Greatest Showman £9.68
Incredible 2 £11.32
These are buy it now prices. If I was patient enough to do auctions I'm confident I'd get them cheaper.
Ok thanks, I’ll look into the remailing idea but I just had a quick look on eBay & couldn’t see any of the Disney ones unavailable in the UK much cheaper than £30 when bought direct. For example, Incredibles 2, Nutcracker or Ralph Breaks The Internet.

Rob

Maybe not for newer titles, but sellers like Mario on eBay are good value if you have the patience to wait for a while, for example the 4K of Incredibles 2 is $24.99 shipped.

Maybe not for newer titles, but sellers like Mario on eBay are good value if you have the patience to wait for a while, for example the 4K of Incredibles 2 is $24.99 shipped.
I can’t seem to find him, what’s the username?

Try searching under carmenymario.

He’s very expensive for new releases but his prices drop after a while.

Ok thanks, I’ll look into the remailing idea but I just had a quick look on eBay & couldn’t see any of the Disney ones unavailable in the UK much cheaper than £30 when bought direct. For example, Incredibles 2, Nutcracker or Ralph Breaks The Internet.

Rob

I honestly don't know what to say. Had a quick look myself.

I can find both Ralph's and Little Mermaid as as a combo sale at $34 with free shipping. That is all three. £25.

If you don't mind losing the blu you can get the 4k with case and slip for $14 or best offer. That is £10.60.

Incredibles 2. £9.84. That is complete with free shipping within US.

Nutcracker. £13.64 complete or even £7.96 without the blu.

Sorry for lack of links. I'm on my phone. This is from going on ebay.com though and these results have all been within the first six auctions so I have no idea where you've been looking!

Add a couple of quid for shipping through a remailer and you'll see there is no need to pay more than £15/£16 for a disc.

Rob

Are you looking on ebay.com or .co.uk? Because you have to specifically go onto the .com to see the prices that are being mentioned.

I bought Rampage for £7.68 last night.

The key here is obviously the remailer service that some of us have been introduced to.

I got Ralph and TLM from Deep Discount and cost me £20 each delivered to my Stackry locker (which was an acceptable price for me in regards to Dinsey titles and I want the digital codes). But as mentioned, if you wait a bit, you can get even better prices for them.

I can find both Ralph's and Little Mermaid as as a combo sale at $34 with free shipping. That is all three. £25.

If you don't mind losing the blu you can get the 4k with case and slip for $14 or best offer. That is £10.60.

Sorry for lack of links. I'm on my phone. This is from going on ebay.com though and these results have all been within the first six auctions so I have no idea where you've been looking!

Add a couple of quid for shipping through a remailer and you'll see there is no need to pay more than £15/£16 for a disc.
Okay, yeah I was using eBay UK but will have another look. I am very lazy though, so would love to find a direct, ‘single click’ option (or even better for them to just release them at a reasonable price in the UK!).

Rob

Okay, yeah I was using eBay UK but will have another look. I am very lazy though, so would love to find a direct, ‘single click’ option (or even better for them to just release them at a reasonable price in the UK!).

Rob

It's a weird one - we get the 3D releases and the US don't so they import them over and they get the 4K ones and we have to import them over (bar TLK and Mary Poppins).

All very strange really.

It's a weird one - we get the 3D releases and the US don't so they import them over and they get the 4K ones and we have to import them over (bar TLK and Mary Poppins).

All very strange really.
So...using a remailer like Stackry, I can order from Best Buy or target & get it shipped to me without incurring import VAT ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom