Question Which 65” in sales £1000 ish

archman

Standard Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking of going 65” now and wondering which tv is best for me for watching football and some xbox
I know the Hisense 65n6800 is often talked about here but I just worry about the brand - what is wrong with likes of below? Why does Dodge not recommend any LG except the oled? Would I be wiser with an older model Sony 65XE8596 if it came down to a grand or would I get more bang for buck with cheaper LG for all I need it for?
lg65uj634v
Lg65uj630v
Lg65sj810v
Ue65mu6120
Lg65uj701v
Thanks guys

Why does Dodge not recommend any LG except the oled?
Because they use IPS panels and IPS panels don't carry the best traits for most people. You get wider viewing angles than VA type panels but you lose deeper blacks and better screen uniformity. If you need wider viewing angles and can't stretch to OLED prices then really a TV like the LGs with IPS panels are the only choice. If you view with the lights on or always during the day you may not notice they have worse blacks and screen uniformity, but for those who like to watch movies and turn the lights off they are not the best.

lg65uj634v

Lg65uj630v
Not really any difference between these tv's apart from cosmetics.

Lg65sj810v
IPS, 120hz panel.

Ue65mu6120
Unaware of panel type, if its VA then great, if its PLS/IPS. Meh. 60hz.

Lg65uj701v
Not really that different from the other LGs on the list apart from cosmetic differences + wide colour gamut (only better colour with HDR).

There is more information in the guides link in my signature, best buys, panel types etc.

Sony XE85xx isn't an older model, it uses a 120hz VA panel so is a good choice, but 120hz is not needed by most people and only necessarily if you know you are going to use motion enhancements.

I’m not big into movies or getting best picture I just want decent tv that’s good for the money. Anything will be massive improvement on what I have. I will get an oled in a few years when cheaper. I know the xe85 is good but would the Hisense or LG do my job - mainly sky hd, some Netflix 4K and some xbox. If the xe85 goes under grand then yes it’s the one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom