Which blu-ray player plays all video and audio formats

Blues0ul

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I have a good TV from Samsung which I use to play videos from USB. It plays a lot of video and audio formats but sometimes some videos that have some audio codes are not supported.

I thought to buy a blu-ray unit which can play all the video and audio formats.

Anyone knows the best that does everything?

I had some boxes that played a lot of video formats but they were very slow and sometimes they would just crash or take ages to load a video via USB.

What I want to know is if there is a unit that supports VLC and all the codes this software has. I use this VLC on my pc and laptop that actually plays everything.

Anyone knows any unit that you can install this VLC and then play all the video and audio format that are out there.

Thanks

VLC does have Android and Android TV versions, but I don't know if it has the same format support as the Windows/Mac OS versions.

Which audio formats do you need support for?

VLC does have Android and Android TV versions, but I don't know if it has the same format support as the Windows/Mac OS versions.

Which audio formats do you need support for?

Hi and thanks for your reply to my thread.

I don't know which format it actually has. I mean when I check by clicking right on mouse then properties, it says MKV but then it does not work. Some MKV work some don't.

VLC on the other hand on PC runs it very good.

Hi and thanks for your reply to my thread.

I don't know which format it actually has. I mean when I check by clicking right on mouse then properties, it says MKV but then it does not work. Some MKV work some don't.

VLC on the other hand on PC runs it very good.

Download the free MediaInfo software

Open one of the files and select View - Tree it will display the compression codecs used for all the content within the .MKV container. If your TV doesn't like a particular audio or video codec, it's not too hard to recode within the container or change the container .mp4 with mpeg4 or H264/AVC usually works with most kit.

VLC can convert Video and Audio Formats.

Many video files are 24 fps and it's hard to find a media player that doesn't use drop frame to plaback at 60Hz causing jerky motiion.

Best solution I have found is install Plex server on your PC and on a 4K firestick. This combination has the capability to exactly match the framerate.

This is what can be inside the commonly used containers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom