Question Which LG TV will meet my needs?

New Forester

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought two LG49UM7400PLB a few months ago. At £349 they were good value. But! The one in my study is fine as I sit directly opposite. The one in my sitting room sits in a corner and as I sit in the opposite corner it’s fine for me. But my wife sits at an angle and the picture from her position is dull and lifeless. In the evenings she is quite happy but during the day she pulls a curtain across to brighten the picture up. She’s quite prepared to keep the TV as we have only had it a few months but I think differently. I want to replace it with a larger screen that has a picture with consistent quality from different angles around the room. I’d like to stick with an LG. So, within a budget of say a £1000, which LG TV would you recommend. Bear in mind I have all the features I need through my Sky box. Thanks for reading.

I'd suggest moving to Samsung Q80R or above instead of LG if you want to avoid glare. They have the best anti reflection filters to date.

The higher end LG LCD TVs aren't that much better than the one you currently own with fighting glare. They don't get that much brighter compared to other models and the anti glare filter performs the same.

Thanks for responding. I wouldn’t say it’s glare. The picture simply becomes more dull when viewed from an angle rather than from directly in front. Not sure this illustrates it clearly. But it does give a hint of the problem.
DF038BEF-1333-4EF6-ABEE-1788098F9C59.jpeg
A6C9A3ED-7354-4B70-BF55-27EBA6257640.jpeg

The TV actually has better viewing angles than some, but yeah at that angle its not ideal. Sony LCD models using BOE IPS panels fair a little better.

If you want perfect angles though look no farther than an OLED like the LG B9 or Philips OLED754. If you see a good clearance sale right now you may even find TVs that are usually more expensive priced under 1k too like the LG C9, Panasonic GZ950 or Philips 854/834.

The TV actually has better viewing angles than some, but yeah at that angle its not ideal. Sony LCD models using BOE IPS panels fair a little better.

If you want perfect angles though look no farther than an OLED like the LG B9 or Philips OLED754. If you see a good clearance sale right now you may even find TVs that are usually more expensive priced under 1k too like the LG C9, Panasonic GZ950 or Philips 854/834.
Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom