Which Microsoft Office 365

ufo550

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Microsoft 10 on my PC, and use Office 2010.

It appears my Outlook 2010, is now not supported by my email server provider. I’m looking at subscribing to Office 365. There‘s just me and the misses that use the pc and have just the one email account. The misses has been saying she would like her own personal email account at some point.

My question is, which of the MS subscription be more suitable, Home or Personal. Home says share with up to 6 family members. Would I need Home for more than one email account?

Personal is what it suggests, one user. Home will do up to 6 users.

I have the home version, gave 1 to the inlaws, my two sons and the wife. Also with home you get the full Office suite and 1Tb each.

Cheers. Silly question, but what can 6 people do with an office suite?

Use it on 6 separate PC's, each with their own license. As @Andy98765 has suggested, they don't have to be on the same premises and can be anyone you wish to provide with a key, the choice is yours.

Or you could save that subscription and use one of the free alternatives - Thunderbird for Email handling, and Libre or Apache Open Office for the WP and Spreadsheet (etc) applications are my choices. Local apps, local storage, genuinely free, and effective. And MS Office compatible file handling (if you need to share with others). Why pay more? (IMO)

Why wouldn't Outlook 2010 be supported by your email service provider? Who is your email service provider? It is a bit weird to have to upgrade your client software...Even more odd to me to then move to a multi-user Office365 subscription. That seems total overkill.

1 PC means one copy of the software if you really wanted to upgrade. You can have as many email addresses in Outlook as you want.

It’s Sky. They tell me that anything below Outlook 2016 is not supported by their software. Been having to do password changes every couple of months, apparently due to security issues their end. This last one my outlook doesn’t recognise the password. Tried all work arounds.

It’s Sky. They tell me that anything below Outlook 2016 is not supported by their software. Been having to do password changes every couple of months, apparently due to security issues their end. This last one my outlook doesn’t recognise the password. Tried all work arounds.
Hmmm Sky, is that actually Sky or is it really Yahoo? I suspect it is the latter. Also seems Sky doesn’t allow new signups. A classic example to me of why I would never recommend anyone to use their ISP provided email address.

anyway this link make help to try and make it work again on Outlook 2010

Cheers, I’ll have a look at that.

PS, did run through that exact process with Sky. Got error box at the end, saying login/password not recognised by server.

Last edited:
I have dumped my BTInternet account after many issues. Now solely use Outlook.com (Microsoft). As above dump all ISP e-mail accounts, not worth the hassle, and if you change ISP you need to change again. TBH you already have amail account with MS as you log into Windows with it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom